2x1st Round Draft Picks

Tatonka68

1 hour ago, cage said:

I absolutely HATE the idea of trading up for a QB.  No problem taking one in the first round when you pick, but trading up is asking for trouble.  QBs are a crapshoot even if you're picking in the top 5, giving away multiple picks to roll the dice is a bad move.

Too bad half the board disagrees with this and thinks we should trade away as many picks as possible and our firstborn child to grab a top QB....as if just drafting one in the top 5 guarantees he's the future solution

Here's another thought.  Build an O line like Dallas has, and THEN draft your stud QB later.  Taylor is adequate and is not the reason the Bills usually can't play defense.  Keep him around while the immense holes in the lines, LB, and WR  get patched.  Take the QB in 2019 and let him excel behind a strong O line. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Utah John said:

Here's another thought.  Build an O line like Dallas has, and THEN draft your stud QB later.  Taylor is adequate and is not the reason the Bills usually can't play defense.  Keep him around while the immense holes in the lines, LB, and WR  get patched.  Take the QB in 2019 and let him excel behind a strong O line. 

No No No No No No No No No No

that's exactly what the Bills have done for their entire existence. Draft EVERYTHING but QB.

Time to do things differently.

• Like (+1) 1

Rudolph won’t go in the first....

Top 10 are Darnold and Rosen, 10-15 maybe Jackson and Mayfield, Maybe...

I think,

Jackson, Mayfield and Allen should be there15-20, at least 2 if the 3.

2nd Round look for guys like Mason Rudolph, Ryan Finley, Riley Ferguson

3rd Round Will Grier

5th Tanner Lee, Chase Litton 

Right now I guarantee the Bills have their top 2 guys. If 1 falls out of top 10 they may make a move up to grab him. But I see them wanting 2 first rd picks. They may package our 1st and a 2nd and a 2nd next year to move up 8 spots but not both our 1st’s.

Edited by 1ZAYDAY1
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tatonka68 said:

The Bills 1ST round picks should be around 20th (850 pts) & 22nd (780 pts) for a total of 1630 pts on the draft value chart. 1630 points is equal to the 6th pick in the draft. So could the draft end up like this?

1. Cleveland picks Josh Rosen QB, 2. NY Giants Sam Darnold QB, 3. San Francisco picks Saquon Barkley RB, 4. Indianapolis Mike McGlinchey OT, 5. Chicago Derwin James S.

then the Bills trade with Tampa for sixth pick and select Mason Rudolph QB Oklahoma ST.

I am not trading up for Rudolph so i would not do it. 

Only two QBs i would trade up for in this draft

3 minutes ago, Utah John said:

And how are they doing with this elite OL?

1 hour ago, Tatonka68 said:

The Bills 1ST round picks should be around 20th (850 pts) & 22nd (780 pts) for a total of 1630 pts on the draft value chart. 1630 points is equal to the 6th pick in the draft. So could the draft end up like this?

1. Cleveland picks Josh Rosen QB, 2. NY Giants Sam Darnold QB, 3. San Francisco picks Saquon Barkley RB, 4. Indianapolis Mike McGlinchey OT, 5. Chicago Derwin James S.

then the Bills trade with Tampa for sixth pick and select Mason Rudolph QB Oklahoma ST.

Respectfully, and please know I love the Bills, I think it is more likely that both KC and Buffalo are 8-8 by the end of the season, putting us right in there from 14-16th for both picks, I believe based upon last year's finishing records.

EDIT:  Man, we should already be playing nice with the likes of San Fran and Chicago...those are the potential trade partners if we want to be high up.

...if we want to be high up.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

7 minutes ago, ChanOverChin said:

QB Baker Mayfield (Okla.) is the guy the Bills should be targeting. 

I think the Bills will end up with the following 2018 draft picks:

R1 (18 - Chiefs)

R1 (19 - Bills)

R2

R2 (Rams)

R3

R4

R5

R5

R5 (Jax).

I expect obtaining a high quality QB to be the highest priority. 

The Bills could add a vet FA QB, trade for a QB, draft a QB or both acquire a vet QB and draft a QB.

I don't think the Bills will keep T. Taylor at $16M, which what he will be due next year.  That would leave the cupboard pretty bare at QB for 2018.

As a result, I see the Bills acquiring a high profile vet QB (possibly A. Smith, K. Cousins) AND draft a QB in R1 or R2.

Once the QB situation has been addressed I see the Bills wheeling and dealing on draft day just like they did this past year.

I like the idea of keeping Tyrod and then using him as trade bait during the draft.

3 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

No No No No No No No No No No

that's exactly what the Bills have done for their entire existence. Draft EVERYTHING but QB.

Time to do things differently.

They haven't drafted a good offensive or defensive like since the early 1990s. They draft RB, WR, CB. It's a joke. They need to draft heavy on the lines.

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I am not trading up for Rudolph so i would not do it. 

Only two QBs i would trade up for in this draft

And how are they doing with this elite OL?

Bills have an elite Oline? Their RG and RT shouldn't even be starters in the NFL. LG is massively overrated.

Edited by CuddyDark

5 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Bills have an elite Oline? Their RG and RT shouldn't even be starters in the NFL. LG is massively overrated.

Man, Cuddy, I am being master of the obvious, but did you see Ducasse just get blown-by on that play on Sunday?

How are they not working on quicker feet with him 24/7?

I know, I know, "he was double teaming with the tackle...yeah, not good enough.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Let's put it this way:

If this regime decides to follow the CuddyDark method and bypasses QB for favor of OL, they'll be gone at the end of next season. Book it.

They're not going to commit that kind of career seppoku.

Use FA to handle the lines. Use the draft to secure the future of the franchise.

Edited by joesixpack

1 hour ago, cage said:

I absolutely HATE the idea of trading up for a QB.  No problem taking one in the first round when you pick, but trading up is asking for trouble.  QBs are a crapshoot even if you're picking in the top 5, giving away multiple picks to roll the dice is a bad move.

Doesn't work all the time of course as nothing is close to a guarantee.

The Eagles did it with Carson Wentz and we all how well he is doing.

Don't trade up to just trade up, but also don't settle. If you really want a guy in the top 6, go get him