Mcdermott is a spineless coach

Yeezus

Just now, Best Player Available said:

You are a idiot. But you know that already. you should stop posting based on your ownership and coaching comments. Welcome to ignore. 

I don't have an issue with this tread, some ppl seem to have an issue ignoring threads they don't like, and feel the need to B word in them...

1 minute ago, Phils n Bills said:

Man....year one and the guy is already on the spit with the apple in his mouth. This team is going to go nowhere unless you have some patience and allow a rookie coach to grow into the position and build his type of team. 

McVay is a rookie coach and has the Rams who were just as bad as the bills the last few seasons on their way to a division title. 

Doug Marrone took the hopeless jags and turned them into a legit team. 

Why do we always give our coaches excuses ?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Yeezus said:

McVay is a rookie coach and has the Rams who were just as bad as the bills the last few seasons on their way to a division title. 

McVay: Stacked team with a first overall QB that was held back by Fisher. All he had to do was walk in and let the offense do what it was supposed to do. They have so many weapons that it was impossible to not do well. 

Marrone: Same thing. Years of high picks have stacked their team. 

What do we have? 

22 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I thought the OP was going to be about how McD is conservative and doesn't take chances in a football sense.

All of that is true; he is very normal and very conservative as a HC.

His challenge today was terrible too; Tony Romo had the whole thing calculated, correctly, in a few seconds as the play played out in real time.  The basic point being that it was very clear no Bill was in the backfield to have made the contact with Brady, so he could not have been down by contact.

Not really sure why that would have been challenged.

He wanted an intentional grounding called he didn't get it 

41 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

Embarrassing today. Might be the last straw for me from his comments on the Gronk hit. Basically said Gronk is a great player and it was a honest mistake from him.

Pathetic from the HC of this team, what the hell is that about? He shows zero emotion on the field other than standing there and clapping his life away. There is zero leadership on this team and that comes straight from the coach. His conservative demeanor not only cost us points today but it isn't something that will success here in the future.

All this talk about how these players love playing for each other but then they collapse at the end of every game, and don't stand together. 

Rex might have been a poor coach but at least he never gave the fans BS. He spoke the truth and never threw his players under the bus. And if someone came after one of his players like that today he would have something to say about it. 

Please stop comparing Rex to good coaches.

4 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

We don’t give excuses. That’s why we are on our way to a 20 year playoff drought. But we are too quick to call a coach a bust. Our roster is in a shakeup right now and the teams you named all have a pretty solid roster. The least we should do, in my opinion, is allow the GM and coach 3-5 years to build their roster. Not trying to disrespect your opinion, though. I don’t want to come across as one of those guys. 

Here's to the over reaction of the year post. Did you or did you not watch McDermott's defense hold Tom Brady to the least amount of production, really anyone thought was possible. 

Despite a nice game plan by the OC, the offense just failed to execute. But...  zone blocking is a great scheme, just not with a power gap team. That's what the OC knows. A. Lynn was smart enough to keep Roman's run game in place. 

2 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Refs would not let them challenge a non Penalty call. The Bills challenged that he was down by contact which was a bad call.

either way he didn't know the rules, what he couldn't challenge (intentional grounding) or what makes a quarterback down.

Not that the challenge mattered.

• Like (+1) 1

Refs would not let them challenge a non Penalty call. The Bills challenged that he was down by contact which was a bad call.

It was an awful challenge. For someone who talks about the process and attention to detail and all that coach bs he makes a lot of inept decisions.

Can he ship himself off for a 6th round pick? If a player made the Peterman decision vs SD, or challenged that, whatever the hell he thought he was doing. He'd bench them or send them packing. I'm not wishing for Rex back, but this dude is a dud. 

2 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Please stop comparing Rex to good coaches.

You're not saying McDermott is a good coach? I know it requires a TV to see it in Buffalo but surely you know this has been average at best, and that's generous.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

2 hours ago, Yeezus said:

Marrone didn't turn anyone into a legit team. David Cadwell is a very talented General Manager who had been building that team for years before Marrone became HC. Their defense is absolutely loaded.

It's posts like these that remind me how impatient this fan base is that we just keep running every single person out of town.  Keep running people out of town and coaches will be turning away our offers like they have with the university of Tennessee.  The sky isn't falling, we've got a load of picks in the offseason to restock the team with talent.  

He's a rookie head coach too, fans don't give anything time to develop anymore do they...geez

2 hours ago, Yeezus said:

I know that your posts are meant for comic value......but you do realize that the talent on the bills is nowhere close to what is on the rams and jags right?

Those two teams are LOADED with talent.......McD is trying to make a steak dinner out of hamburger here

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Yeezus said:

Embarrassing today. Might be the last straw for me from his comments on the Gronk hit. Basically said Gronk is a great player and it was a honest mistake from him.

Pathetic from the HC of this team, what the hell is that about? He shows zero emotion on the field other than standing there and clapping his life away. There is zero leadership on this team and that comes straight from the coach. His conservative demeanor not only cost us points today but it isn't something that will success here in the future.

All this talk about how these players love playing for each other but then they collapse at the end of every game, and don't stand together. 

Rex might have been a poor coach but at least he never gave the fans BS. He spoke the truth and never threw his players under the bus. And if someone came after one of his players like that today he would have something to say about it. 

" Is this on ? Cause its about to be "...." We're going ( playoffs ) "....." we won the off seasons" ....I could go on and on.....That's all he did...give Bills fans BS.....and he's still BSing on ESPN....

2 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

I know that your posts are meant for comic value......but you do realize that the talent on the bills is nowhere close to what is on the rams and jags right?

Those two teams are LOADED with talent.......McD is trying to make a steak dinner out of hamburger here

There is no point in taking this poster seriously.  He has proved that point again and again.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Starr Almighty said:

He wanted an intentional grounding called he didn't get it 

It was clearly intentional grounding.

1)  Brady was in tackle box

2)  Ball didnt go past the LOS.

3)  No pat were within 10 feet of the ball.  Romo said there were receivers in the area, but he was wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

He trow the red flag but as you said refs not review a penalty so they have to review "something" and maybe the intentional gronding was his choice

(1) Why are people all over the OP here? I'm upset McDermott didn't show more emotion about what happened. He should have been visibly pissed at the refs when it happened, at Belichick during the post-game handshake, and when asked about it during his post-game press conference. Same with the players - no one did anything. It's weak. Not how a family is supposed to support one another. 

(2) Is intentional grounding review-able in that situation where Brady threw it while going down? I sincerely do not know. Clearly had no chance of getting a sack call there because no Bill had touched him.