Mcdermott is a spineless coach

Yeezus

Embarrassing today. Might be the last straw for me from his comments on the Gronk hit. Basically said Gronk is a great player and it was a honest mistake from him.

Pathetic from the HC of this team, what the hell is that about? He shows zero emotion on the field other than standing there and clapping his life away. There is zero leadership on this team and that comes straight from the coach. His conservative demeanor not only cost us points today but it isn't something that will success here in the future.

All this talk about how these players love playing for each other but then they collapse at the end of every game, and don't stand together. 

Rex might have been a poor coach but at least he never gave the fans BS. He spoke the truth and never threw his players under the bus. And if someone came after one of his players like that today he would have something to say about it. 

Edited by Yeezus
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Billznut said:

McDermott has been in over his head for the most part so far. Hopefully he will improve in the next year or two. If he doesn’t, his replacement will be here by 2020. 

Never ending rebuild in Buffalo. 

I thought the OP was going to be about how McD is conservative and doesn't take chances in a football sense.

All of that is true; he is very normal and very conservative as a HC.

His challenge today was terrible too; Tony Romo had the whole thing calculated, correctly, in a few seconds as the play played out in real time.  The basic point being that it was very clear no Bill was in the backfield to have made the contact with Brady, so he could not have been down by contact.

Not really sure why that would have been challenged.

Just now, Fadingpain said:

I thought the OP was going to be about how McD is conservative and doesn't take chances in a football sense.

His challenge today was terrible too; Tony Romo had the whole thing calculated, correctly, in a few seconds as the play played out in real time.  The basic point being that it was very clear no Bill was in the backfield to have made the contact with Brady, so he could not have been down by contact.

I think he was claiming it was grounding.

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

From his reaction after the review I believe he wanted to challenge the call that it wasn't intentional grounding as the ball clearly didn't make it past the line of scrimmage.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

Rex might have been a poor coach but at least he never gave the fans BS. He spoke the truth and never threw his players under the bus. And if someone came after one of his players like that today he would have something to say about it. 

Rex BS'd all the time.  "Get ready for the playoffs, 'cause we're coming"  Sure Rex, not even close.

McDermott is in year 1 and in process of shaping his vision, which is refreshing...a coach with a vision.  Rex never had a vision, he was just fully pregnant, whatever that meant.

Does McDermott make mistakes?  Sure, he's a rookie HC.  But he doesn't mismanage the game like Rex did.  Bad challenges, a few.  But at least McD is situationally aware.

Getting rid of McD would set this team back even further.

Out of curiosity, who would you propose as HC?

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

Embarrassing today. Might be the last straw for me from his comments on the Gronk hit. Basically said Gronk is a great player and it was a honest mistake from him.

Pathetic from the HC of this team, what the hell is that about? He shows zero emotion on the field other than standing there and clapping his life away. There is zero leadership on this team and that comes straight from the coach. His conservative demeanor not only cost us points today but it isn't something that will success here in the future.

All this talk about how these players love playing for each other but then they collapse at the end of every game, and don't stand together. 

Emotion?  Belichick never shows emotion, unless he's abusing a Microsoft Surface.  The entire post and premise are ridiculous.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1