Don't tell me pressure doesnt work against Brady!!

Steptide

Oh how that year blew up fast!  That was a much more talented defense that the 2017 Bills.  But I agree, if they can scheme it right, and people have a good day, I think Brady can be touched.  So long as the offense can get some points and return serve I think the Bills should be competitive.  This is not the same Pats who won super bowls.  Their offense line is good, but not great.  Defense has to be play their most disciplined game of the year to make this a win.

Ahhhh, those were the days, when we didn't know what we had in Bledsoe compared to the next 13 years of QB disaster. Defense was really firing that day....have to think Bledsoe and Milloy had their personal agendas on fire for that game. I CANNOT believe it's been that long since we've seen a team like that one, as bad as they were, they had talent at nearly every position group that could rival any other....parity has helped us in the NFL, but man has it been a looooong time since I felt confident on game day about the Bills winning.

Nothing really works in terms of how it impacts other quarterbacks.  But pressuring Brady does work to a point.  It has to be a certain sort of pressure though.  The best pressure to apply on Brady is when it comes up the middle of the field.   Edge rushing doesnt work as well because its not the path of least resistant, it takes too long.  He is at his worst when pressure comes up the middle and it comes fast.

The Giants always did this so well and to a certain extent the Texans did it last year in the playoffs. 

our front 4 hasnt been real impressive this year, our offense doesnt seem capable of putting up a high score, add that to the fact that Brady is usually at his best vs a zone defense. I hope im wrong but I have a feeling this game might be a nightmare, much like our previous 3 game historic ass whoopin

Whoever said pressure doesn't work against Brady is wrong.  We've seen teams give him trouble - not often - but we've seen it disrupt their offense.  He doesn't throw picks but it's the only way to have a chance.  

The issue is two fold - one,  that's not what this years Bills team does well, so we may struggle to do it.  Second, they'll still score and we'll ultimately have to outscore them, again not something we do particularly well.

Edited by White Linen

I ordered my Takeo Spikes 51 home jersey right after that game and still sport it at the bars on game day til this day. Big fan of his when he was in Cincy and was so stoked when we signed him.  What a player he was.

Edited by billsbackto81

According to space.com, a Blue Moon happens, on average, once every 2.7 years.

Brady is presently 26-3 against Buffalo in 29 starts (29 games effectively represents 14.5 seasons (let's call it 14.5 years for sake of this discussion) of games between the 2 teams where Brady has started.  So, 14.5  years / 3 wins = 4.83 -- which means Buffalo gets a victory over Tom Brady, on average, once every 4.83 years or seasons.

So, sadly, the math quite literally says that Blue Moons happen with much greater regularity than do Buffalo wins over Tom Brady - dang close to being twice as frequently.

Ah, being a Buffalo fan is a special place   :)

(in hell)

Edited by ChasBB

18 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Nothing matters if we don’t stop their run game. 

You can say that against any team.

Call me crazy, but if Brady has even a slightly below average game, the Bills lose.

I also remember thinking Brady was nothing more than a flash in the pan after that game.

I have never been more wrong.

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

It worked 14 years ago! In all seriousness, these highlights never get old

There is a difference between pressure and blitzing. When Brady has failed it has been against 4/5 man fronts with exotic schemes that force him to take an extra second to look at the field while the pressure beats his line up front.

Otherwise against the blitz he has something like 70 TDs and zero INTs. So yea blitzing is bad.

46 minutes ago, ChasBB said:

According to space.com, a Blue Moon happens, on average, once every 2.7 years.

Brady is presently 26-3 against Buffalo in 29 starts (29 games effectively represents 14.5 seasons (let's call it 14.5 years for sake of this discussion) of games between the 2 teams where Brady has started.  So, 14.5  years / 3 wins = 4.83 -- which means Buffalo gets a victory over Tom Brady, on average, once every 4.83 years or seasons.

So, sadly, the math quite literally says that Blue Moons happen with much greater regularity than do Buffalo wins over Tom Brady - dang close to being twice as frequently.

Ah, being a Buffalo fan is a special place   :)

(in hell)

Well, there's a special place in hell for posts like this.  Well done, my brother.