Apparently the offense is holding Tyrod back

Evidence that the system defines all but the best (and worst) quarterbacks is everywhere across the NFL this year. It's in Philly, where an upgraded skill-position corps and coaching staff full of quarterback technicians turned Wentz into an MVP candidate. It's in Dallas, where a few bumps in the road have flattened Prescott's tires. It's in Buffalo, where the Bills learned the hard way that their offense is holding Tyrod Taylor back, not the other way around. It's in Oakland, where a defensive collapse and a coordinator change transformed Derek Carr from a superstar to just another guy.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2746257-where-is-the-nfls-next-wave-of-great-quarterbacks-hiding

:huh:

• Like (+1) 2

Good article.

As I've said many times.......all but a very few QB's in the current NFL are system QB's.  

That's the way the game is now..........it's not good or bad........unless your system and supporting talent are.....well, good or bad.

Wentz and Goff are the greatest young QB's...of all-time....uh da' week.

Both are system guys who were given great talent otherwise they could be going thru what Dak is going thru right now..........and if you don't know........Dak is averaging about a buck and a half thru the air with zero TD's and 5 pics since Zeke and Tyron stopped being available.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Good article.

As I've said many times.......all but a very few QB's in the current NFL are system QB's.  

That's the way the game is now..........it's not good or bad........unless your system and supporting talent are.....well, good or bad.

Wentz and Goff are the greatest young QB's...of all-time....uh da' week.

Both are system guys who were given great talent otherwise they could be going thru what Dak is going thru right now..........and if you don't know........Dak is averaging about a buck and a half thru the air with zero TD's and 5 pics since Zeke and Tyron stopped being available.

True statement. Tyrod can be good and has been good in different systems. But this ain't it for him. We need a transcendent QB that will do well in any system.

• Like (+1) 1

I've never seen such hype and misleading information on an NFL QB in my life.

From the way some of these outsiders speak about TT you'd think he's a former #1 overall draft pick.

Good grief the guy was a 6th round pick and backup most of his career in Baltimore for a reason. If we are going to hype up a QB on our team can it at least be NP? At least he was drafted by us and higher than TT was.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

From the way some of these outsiders speak about TT you'd think he's a former #1 overall draft pick.

Good grief the guy was a 6th round pick and backup most of his career in Baltimore for a reason. If we are going to hype up a QB on our team can it at least be NP? At least he was drafted by us and higher than TT was.

welcome to 2017. where up is down, hot is cold and left is right.

• Like (+1) 2

Mike Tanier is as good of a football writer as there is on the planet. He has written for football outsiders which is hands down the best analytics site in the NFL world. To discredit him is simply doing yourself an injustice. I get the narrative though, if you agree with "football writer X" he speaks the truth, if you do not agree with him, he knows nothing and fans will stretch with all their might to discredit him. 

I've been saying since I joined the board that Dennison runs an antiquated offense and his ultra conservative game plans hinder not only Taylor but the whole of the Bills offense. Why McD thought handing the reigns to the opposite side of the ball that he specializes in to Dennison was a good idea, I'll never know. Dennison is a man who has never called his own plays in games and has only ever been a defacto OC, an OC in name only. 

Tyrod Taylor is not a transcendent QB, but there only 2 of those guys in the entire NFL. What Taylor is, is a quarterback that can run an NFL level offense proficiently, make teams play 11 on 11 and allows a team to build the other 52 players on the roster because you can be confident that he is a good player. Only in Buffalo is he unappreciated. I assure you that the national narrative is much different. Especially when looking at advanced analytics as everyone in 2017 should do. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Yeah, no way a 6th round QB pick can ever be successful.

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

You can't be serious about Peterman. He is quite literally the worst QB statistically in one half of a game all time. There is nothing else to see there. 

You do realize Taylor was the backup to a Super Bowl winning QB? That's why he wasn't playing. I mean you do understand that right? 

Edited by Theshallowcross
  • Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Among your many inane posts on this MB, this one is so stupid that I have to think that you posted this as a joke.  Even you cannot be this ignorant to write this bull manure ...  at least hope I would hope so because otherwise it's pretty sad.

36 minutes ago, Theshallowcross said:

Mike Tanier is as good of a football writer as there is on the planet. He has written for football outsiders which is hands down the best analytics site in the NFL world. To discredit him is simply doing yourself an injustice. I get the narrative though, if you agree with "football writer X" he speaks the truth, if you do not agree with him, he knows nothing and fans will stretch with all their might to discredit him. 

I've been saying since I joined the board that Dennison runs an antiquated offense and his ultra conservative game plans hinder not only Taylor but the whole of the Bills offense. Why McD thought handing the reigns to the opposite side of the ball that he specializes in to Dennison was a good idea, I'll never know. Dennison is a man who has never called his own plays in games and has only ever been a defacto OC, an OC in name only. 

Tyrod Taylor is not a transcendent QB, but there only 2 of those guys in the entire NFL. What Taylor is, is a quarterback that can run an NFL level offense proficiently, make teams play 11 on 11 and allows a team to build the other 52 players on the roster because you can be confident that he is a good player. Only in Buffalo is he unappreciated. I assure you that the national narrative is much different. Especially when looking at advanced analytics as everyone in 2017 should do. 

You sir are out way out there! Welcome to the NFL as I am sure this is your first season!