Apparently the offense is holding Tyrod back

1 hour ago, Theshallowcross said:

Yards and TD's thrown are your only barometer of QB success huh? 

Taylor is a dual-threat QB and I find it absurd when his rushing statistics are discarded as well as his proficiency to not turn the ball over. 

Taylor leads the entire league in rushing yards from the quarterback position since the time he was a starter. He also has an excellent 4/1 TD/INT ratio in his time here. 

Why all that is glossed over is beyond me? 

What is the main criteria the HOF uses to evaluate a QBs worthiness to get enshrined?

4 minutes ago, PeterGriffin said:

What is the main criteria the HOF uses to evaluate a QBs worthiness to get enshrined?

Rings. The ability to elevate the talent around you. Being the best at your position for multiple years. 

They don't just let anyone in. 

3 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Lol ok my b, I'm sure he did I don't really care for CFB.

Don't apologize to him. He did nothing of the sort. He proved nothing. Even a quick look at college football reference shows exactly the type of quarterback that Peterman is... A future insurance salesman. 

Edited by Theshallowcross

3 minutes ago, Theshallowcross said:

And you were proven wrong. Congrats. 

ROFL. Do explain. 

7th in the country in passing yards per attempt.

But please, tell me about how comparing total passing yards between players from two completely different offensive systems isn't apples and oranges.

2 minutes ago, Theshallowcross said:

Rings. The ability to elevate the talent around you. Being the best at your position for multiple years. 

They don't just let anyone in. 

He did nothing of the sort. He proved nothing. Even a quick look at college football reference shows exactly the type of quarterback that Peterman is... A future insurance salesman. 

He's not an NFL quarterback regardless. HOW DOES 5 PICKS IN ONE HALF not affect insane h

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Wayne Arnold said:

7th in the country in passing yards per attempt.

But please, tell me about how comparing total passing yards between players from two completely different offensive systems isn't apples and oranges.

YPA has everything to do with the offensive system. Pitts run game coupled with their play action game opened up the deeper route concepts. They hardly let the kid throw can we stop pretending that he is a good player? 

1 hour ago, Buffalo30 said:

I've gone back and forth between completely changing the offense for Tyrod, who clearly won't be there next year.  If I'm a new coach, I don't know if I can do that.  You'd be having all your other guys who will be on the team next learn a new scheme again.  That can be a setback for some.  I guess I just get where they are coming from.

How do you change the whole offense?  You put him in shotgun, with Shady< move the pocket at time, have a speed receiver to go long and pass some more.  It's not a huge change, just tweaks,

1 hour ago, billieve420 said:

It was a team effort under a system suited to its players strengths. To diminish Tyrod's role in that is not being realistic. The threat of Tyrod running and read option forced defenses to account for him and allowed opportunities for McCoy to make plays in space. I mean even Gillislee looked like an All-Pro in that offense and where is he now on the bench a healthy scratch.

Up front we returned the same players as last year and McCoy is not leading a top ten offense this year. What changed how about the entire offensive system.

To summarize top ranked offense last year all McCoy. This year bottom ranked offense all on Tyrod. Yep makes sense to me.

So it's all Shady's fault.......  How about trading Watkins too?

5 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

At the risk of pissing off shallow cross, who gives a **** about CFB. His pro statline speak for itself

You're cool man. I do Happen to love college ball (I'm a Bills/NFL fan first and foremost). I think all the most innovative offensive philosophies are at the college level and are slowly being integrated into NFL playbooks. My grandfather coached at the high school level for 27 years. I'm from Ohio so my college team is ALWAYS good. That helps as well. 

This Wayne dude has no idea what he is talking about and I would love for him to debate scheme with me. 

Edited by Theshallowcross

39 minutes ago, Theshallowcross said:

The literal WORST bad half of all time. If he were maybe a higher draft pick with more upside I could be more forgiving but what we're talking about is a guy who never elevated his offense even in college and was THE definition of a tire fire meeting a trainwreck in one half of football. 

As far as Taylor goes, I wish people wouldn't be so quick to draw their proverbial line in the sand and would understand context. Anyone who advocates for Dennison while simultaneously blaming Taylor has no idea what they're watching IMO. 

If you know football like you say you do, then you would also acknowledge that not all those interceptions were on NP and he was also put into a no win situation. You knew that though, right?

Yeah it was so ugly and extreme I don't believe that half of football defines how good or bad NP really is. Just like if he had thrown 5 TDs in a half, I equally wouldn't think he would have been HOF worthy either.

The next time you hear Tyrod yelling out "52 is the Mike" to alert the center to adjust the protection calls at the line of scrimmage will be the first...

Considering the amount of 8 man boxes and Cover 1 and Cover 0 teams play against us there are protection/audible calls to be made on almost every play.

Teams dont respect our WRs and they dont respect Tyrod or his ability to make those calls. Simple as that.

You're cool man. I do Happen to love college ball (I'm a Bills/NFL fan first and foremost). I think all the most innovative offensibe philosophies are at the college level and are slowly being integrated into NFL playbooks. My grandfather coached at the high school level for 27 years. I'm from Ohio so my college team is ALWAYS good. That helps as well. 

This Wayne dude has no idea what he is talking about and I would love for him to debate scheme with me. 

Haha you're so full of ****.

27 minutes ago, Theshallowcross said:

He didn't pass for more than 3,000 yards in ANY season. That's incredible in college football. 

2015 - 2,287 yards 

2016 - 2,855 yards 

Pitt offense: 

2015 pass attempts - 26.4

2015 rush attempts - 39.2

2016 pass attempts - 24.9

2016 rush attempts - 41.7

Can we get real now? That's a run first team with James Connor at the helm. They did everything that they could to hide Peterman. Even in college. Just stop. 

Neither did Tyrod

5 minutes ago, PeterGriffin said:

If you know football like you say you do, then you would also acknowledge that not all those interceptions were on NP and he was also put into a no win situation. You knew that though, right?

Yeah it was so ugly and extreme I don't believe that half of football defines how good or bad NP really is. Just like if he had thrown 5 TDs in a half, I equally wouldn't think he would have been HOF worthy either.

Ok 4 were his fault, a sixth too was almost thrown and he fumbled a snap in the shotgun........

It was a win/win situation and gave the Bills the best chance to win according to the Bills braintrust we were told.......

7 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Haha you're so full of ****.

How so? I still haven't heard you explain my lack of knowledge for college scheme. 

3 minutes ago, PeterGriffin said:

Neither did Tyrod

Again Taylor is a Dual-threat QB. He ran the ball 501 times at Virginia Tech. 

I don't understand yet again why his rushing ability isn't considered? 

How so? I still haven't heard you explain my lack of knowledge for college scheme. 

You haven't offered any knowledge.

But saying a QB who finished 7th out of 130 teams in yards per attempt, 7th in passer rating, and whose offense finished 10th in the country in points per game compared to 100th this season after he left "never elevated his offense" is enough proof that you don't know what you're talking about.