Apparently the offense is holding Tyrod back

1 minute ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Say it 88 more times please ??‍♂️

Dennison is sabotaging himself is a story that makes no sense btw. 

Undermine, ?????‍♂️

Fine....  Then he's stoopid......  Pretty damn obvious watching the games and that he was in agreement (or pushed) to start Peterman.

Irrefutable evidence imo........

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Fine....  Then he's stoopid......  Pretty damn obvious watching the games and that he was in agreement (or pushed) to start Peterman.

Irrefutable evidence imo........

evidence --- panthers, jets, saints game. 

There was a 59 yard game the week before in case you forgot.  

Everyone knows more than the coach whose watched the crap offense all year long ??‍♂️?

Edited by Air it out Fitzy

I know it's fashionable to blame the OC, but it's just as plausible it's actually opposing defensive coordinators causing Taylor's regression, outlined here:

By ANY/A:

2015- 9th

2016- 18th

2017- 21st

By DYAR

2015- 14th

2016- 19th

1017- 18th

By DVOA (everyone's favorite)

2015- 8th

2016-19th

2017- 18th

By QBR (a statistic I do not personally care for)

2015- 7th

2016- 9th

2017- 17th

By QB rating (another flawed statistic IMO)

2015- 99.4

2016- 89.7

2017- 91.7

4 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Everyone knows more than the coach whose watched the crap offense all year long ??‍♂️?

Enough about the Saints.......  We get it.  Watch the playcalling.....  Not much opportunity there (and 24 straight runs by NO all chunks of 8-14 yards).

Thompson dropped a 35 yard pass on third and one and also botched a 3rd & 2 prior to the half on a terrible run call to Tolbert.  The game was still close at that point (14-3 & 17-3).

The three possessions in the third were terrible and Peterman played the 4th......

Included again.....

• (9:10 - 3rd) (Shotgun) T.Taylor pass short right to C.Clay to BUF 48 for 25 yards (K.Crawley) [A.Okafor]. Caught at BUF 29, slanting from middle. Penalty on BUF-D.Thompson, Offensive Holding, offsetting, enforced at BUF 23 - No Play. Penalty on NO-A.Okafor, Roughing the Passer, offsetting.

• 2nd and 12 at BUF 23

(8:48 - 3rd) (Shotgun) T.Taylor pass incomplete deep right to L.McCoy. Overthrown, receiver along sideline at BUF 40.

• 3rd and 12 at BUF 23

(8:29 - 3rd) (Shotgun) T.Taylor pass short middle intended for C.Clay INTERCEPTED by S.Rankins at BUF 30. S.Rankins to BUF 3 for 27 yards (J.Mills). Pass 

4 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Enough about the Saints.......  We get it.  Watch the playcalling.....  Not much opportunity there (and 24 straight runs by NO all chunks of 8-14 yards).

Thompson dropped a 35 yard pass on third and one and also botched a 3rd & 2 prior to the half on a terrible run call to Tolbert.  The game was still close at that point (14-3 & 17-3).

The three possessions in the third were terrible and Peterman played the 4th......

Included again.....

• (9:10 - 3rd) (Shotgun) T.Taylor pass short right to C.Clay to BUF 48 for 25 yards (K.Crawley) [A.Okafor]. Caught at BUF 29, slanting from middle. Penalty on BUF-D.Thompson, Offensive Holding, offsetting, enforced at BUF 23 - No Play. Penalty on NO-A.Okafor, Roughing the Passer, offsetting.

• 2nd and 12 at BUF 23

(8:48 - 3rd) (Shotgun) T.Taylor pass incomplete deep right to L.McCoy. Overthrown, receiver along sideline at BUF 40.

• 3rd and 12 at BUF 23

(8:29 - 3rd) (Shotgun) T.Taylor pass short middle intended for C.Clay INTERCEPTED by S.Rankins at BUF 30. S.Rankins to BUF 3 for 27 yards (J.Mills). Pass 

Listen all of y'all this is sabotage 

6 hours ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Taylor played well in the Jets game, so your list is a fail right off the bat. And before you bring up nonsense about "garbage time", Taylor's first half numbers were 11-14, 79% completion, 115 yrds, 8.21 ypa, and a TD pass. - and no interceptions, of course. So, to sum up : Taylor played well vs the Buccaneers, Raiders, and Jets - had a bad game against the Saints - and was then benched. Meanwhile, the defense was giving up a league-worse 400yds per game over the same stretch, but why quibble about that? 

Also : If you want an explanation for the "crap offense" at Carolina, then I suggest you definitely focus on Dennison. Because how else do you go from the league-leading rushing attack of '16 -  to 14yds total by the Bills' running backs in that game? As for Taylor, he was only 80% of the team's rushing, 90% of it's total yardage, and 100% of it's first downs. For that matter, he could have even won that hideous game if an overwhelmed rookie had shown a smidgen of  ball awareness - but let's put that behind us....

Edited by grb
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, grb said:

Taylor played well in the Jets game, so your list is a fail right off the bat. And before you bring up nonsense about "garbage time", Taylor's first half numbers were 11-14, 79% completion, 115 yrds, 8.21 ypa, and a TD pass. - and no interceptions, of course. So, to sum up : Taylor played well vs the Buccaneers, Raiders, and Jets - had a bad game against the Saints - and was then benched. Meanwhile, the defense was giving up a league-worse 400yds per game over the same stretch, but why quibble about that? 

Also : If you want an explanation for the "crap offense" at Carolina, then I suggest you definitely focus on Dennison. Because how else do you go from the league-leading rushing attack of '16, to 14yds total by the Bills' running backs in that game? As for Taylor, he was only 80% of the team's rushing, 90% of it's total yardage, and 100% of it's first downs. For that matter, he could have even won that hideous game if an overwhelmed rookie had shown a smidgen of  ball awareness - but let's put that behind us....

Yea it isn't like he lost to Josh Mccown or anything 

Dennison and Zays fault, got it ?

Much respect for beating the Bucs and Raiders just like everyone else 

Time for BB to confuse Tyrod again and get the draft talk flowing 

47 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I know it's fashionable to blame the OC, but it's just as plausible it's actually opposing defensive coordinators causing Taylor's regression, outlined here:

By ANY/A:

2015- 9th

2016- 18th

2017- 21st

By DYAR

2015- 14th

2016- 19th

1017- 18th

By DVOA (everyone's favorite)

2015- 8th

2016-19th

2017- 18th

By QBR (a statistic I do not personally care for)

2015- 7th

2016- 9th

2017- 17th

By QB rating (another flawed statistic IMO)

2015- 99.4

2016- 89.7

2017- 91.7

By the clarity of your reasoning, Dak Prescott has "regressed" over this past month alone. Whoda thunk it?

Or maybe defense coordinators just figured Dak out? Could that be it?

Do you even believe what you're peddling?

Here's the thing : Over 2015 & 2016, Taylor had a real pair of NFL receivers only 15 games total (Watkins & Woods playing). 

When that occurred he did this : 63.6% comp. 8.25 YPA. 27 TD passes. 6 INTs

Maybe he "regressed" when they were replaced by Brandon Tate & Justin Hunter, and defensive coordinators couldn't "figure Taylor out" when they got back on the field.

Get to work on that theory. We're all eagerly waiting.........

24 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Yea it isn't like he lost to Josh Mccown or anything 

Dennison and Zays fault, got it ?

Much respect for beating the Bucs and Raiders just like everyone else 

Time for BB to confuse Tyrod again and get the draft talk flowing 

Your reply is a bit incoherent. Are you admitting to the fact Taylor played well in the Jets game or not?

Edited by grb

1 minute ago, grb said:

Golly. By the brilliant clarity of your reasoning, Dak Prescott has "regressed" over this past month alone. Whoda thunk it?

Here's the thing : Over 2015 & 2016, Taylor had a real pair of NFL receivers only 15 games total (Watkins & Woods playing). 

Maybe he "regressed" when they were replaced by Brandon Tate & Justin Hunter, and defensive coordinators couldn't "figure Taylor our" when they got back on the field.

You can only hide a flawed QB in the NFL for so long. It's a pro football truism. There are deficiencies to Taylor's game that place undue stress on an offense and make it exceedingly difficult to succeed without either a top defensive performance or a top rushing performance. Those are the quarterbacks who get rightfully replaced.

I don't particularly care if you can't understand that, or if you want to keep throwing out hand-picked statistics that only serve to show your utter lack of understanding with respect to competent quarterbacking. As in: I can give you EJ Manuel's stats when a select few guys played a select few games and they're better than Taylors, with worse receivers. It's nonsense. You're simply clouding the issue, I suspect deliberately, because you're entrenched and you don't want to change your mind even when the evidence is clearly showing regression. Luckily by next season this won't be an issue, and maybe you can follow Taylor to his new team's messageboard armed with your go-to talking points.

23 minutes ago, grb said:

By the clarity of your reasoning, Dak Prescott has "regressed" over this past month alone. Whoda thunk it?

Maybe he "regressed" when they were replaced by Brandon Tate & Justin Hunter, and defensive coordinators couldn't "figure Taylor out" when they got back on the field.

Your reply is a bit incoherent. Are you admitting to the fact Taylor played well in the Jets game or not?

34-21 jets won.   Moral victory time ? 

Have fun with that.      Qb purgatory still, nothing's changed. 

18 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

You can only hide a flawed QB in the NFL for so long. It's a pro football truism. There are deficiencies to Taylor's game that place undue stress on an offense and make it exceedingly difficult to succeed without either a top defensive performance or a top rushing performance. Those are the quarterbacks who get rightfully replaced.

I don't particularly care if you can't understand that, or if you want to keep throwing out hand-picked statistics that only serve to show your utter lack of understanding with respect to competent quarterbacking. As in: I can give you EJ Manuel's stats when a select few guys played a select few games and they're better than Taylors, with worse receivers. It's nonsense. You're simply clouding the issue, I suspect deliberately, because you're entrenched and you don't want to change your mind even when the evidence is clearly showing regression. Luckily by next season this won't be an issue, and maybe you can follow Taylor to his new team's messageboard armed with your go-to talking points.

(1) Does fifteen games really qualify as a "select few games" in your mind?

(2) So the "deficiencies to Taylor's game" somehow don't show up when he's throwing to legit-NFL-grade-receivers for (15) games - virtually an entire season?

(3) Apparently you didn't notice your stats show little or no "regression" from '16 (a year spent mostly throwing to scrubs) and '17 (a year spent throwing to scrubs, with a major fall-off in the running attack to boot). Your "regression" seems to be mostly off '15 - when Taylor had a much stronger supporting cast. Coincidence? Of course !!!

(4) I'm curious : Do you honestly think a sieve of an o-line, a rushing attack which disappears entirely for whole games, and a receiving group from the Island of Misfit Toys is really irrelevant to this "regression" of yours - because of the "deficiencies to Taylor's game"? So Taylor is the only quarterback in the entire league where the lack of talent around him is irrelevant..... 

6 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

34-21 jets won.   Moral victory time ? 

Have fun with that.      Qb purgatory still, nothing's changed. 

You said Taylor played bad against the Jets.

You said that was part of the cause for his benching.

Taylor didn't play bad against the Jets.

It's not complicated; you made a mistake. It's best to stop digging, the hole's deep enough as it is.

Edited by grb

5 minutes ago, grb said:

(1) Does fifteen games really qualify as a "select few games" in your mind?

(2) So the "deficiencies to Taylor's game" somehow don't show up when he's throwing to legit-NFL-grade-receivers for (15) games - virtually an entire season?

(3) Apparently you didn't notice your stats show little or no "regression" from '16 (a year spent mostly throwing to scrubs) and '17 (a year spent throwing to scrubs, with a major fall-off in the running attack to boot). Your "regression" seems to be mostly off '15 - when Taylor had a much stronger supporting cast. Coincidence? Of course !!!

(4) I'm curious : Do you honestly think a sieve of an o-line, a rushing attack which disappears entirely for whole games, and a receiving group from the Island of Misfit Toys is really irrelevant to this "regression" of yours - because of the "deficiencies to Taylor's game"? So Taylor is the only quarterback in the entire league where the lack of talent around him is irrelevant..... 

Points 1-3 show your lack of understanding (or deliberate misinterpretation) of usage-based statistics, so let me clarify: by taking a small sample of arbitrary games in an attempt to represent a QB's actual quality, when said QB is ALREADY at or near the bottom of the league in attempts year in and year out, you've simply doubled down on an already flawed premise and exposed your bias. You aren't revealing anything, you're obfuscating. And it's patently obvious.

As for 4, all you forgot was 'an inept OC' to fill out the quadfecta of prerecorded mediocre QB excuses. 

20 minutes ago, grb said:

It's not complicated; you made a mistake. It's best to stop digging, the hole's deep enough as it is.

Hahahah.     Just make sure to disappear for a week after the next Saints type performance.  

Repeat of the last Pats game will have you M.I.A. Again ???

i can appreciate all the lengthy diatribes you've provided us that explain why Tyrod's good.   

I watch the games though, it's all a big bag of ?

Lol @ Alex Smith being considerably better than Tyrod. They're both on the same game manager tier.

Lol @ being 2-4 in playoff games in 12 years being a badge of honor. I mean Mark Sanchez & Colin Kaepernick are both 4-2 in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so if "holding him back" is the mere and ONLY problem, take the damn leash off....I got plenty of Bourbon, popcorn and a seat belt on my recliner to see the likes of Air Coryell/Fouts, Shula/Marino or even Noll/Bradshaw from McD/Dennison/TT......

You have a seat belt on your recliner? Hahah, that would be a sight...

I agree about taking the damn leash off, anyway, though I don't think that's the offense's only problem... 

But I've said countless times: I would love to just see what Tyrod looks like with an aggressive play-call, mostly out of shotgun, with some legit targets -- I'd settle even for "consistent" targets at this point.

As pointed out earlier in the thread (and numerous times elsewhere since we all keep having the same conversation), Tyrod's stats when he had a healthy Watkins & Woods (and Goodwin? did that ever happen, with all 3?) are great. What could our offense look like if we were able to have that or similar personnel on a regular basis? I'd like to see.

3 minutes ago, LA Grant said:

You have a seat belt on your recliner? Hahah, that would be a sight...

I agree about taking the damn leash off, anyway, though I don't think that's the offense's only problem... 

But I've said countless times: I would love to just see what Tyrod looks like with an aggressive play-call, mostly out of shotgun, with some legit targets -- I'd settle even for "consistent" targets at this point.

As pointed out earlier in the thread (and numerous times elsewhere since we all keep having the same conversation), Tyrod's stats when he had a healthy Watkins & Woods (and Goodwin? did that ever happen, with all 3?) are great. What could our offense look like if we were able to have that or similar personnel on a regular basis? I'd like to see.

....LMAO....just had it installed today in case that Dennison does become the "riverboat gambler" with his play calling.....well, I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night....:D

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so if "holding him back" is the mere and ONLY problem, take the damn leash off....I got plenty of Bourbon, popcorn and a seat belt on my recliner to see the likes of Air Coryell/Fouts, Shula/Marino or even Noll/Bradshaw from McD/Dennison/TT......

There is no leash. There never was. There’s only ever been the threat he poses as a runner and the extent to which his three OCs could rely upon it to sustain a viable NFL offense versus the inherent shelf life to such an offense.

4 hours ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Hahahah.     Just make sure to disappear for a week after the next Saints type performance.  

Repeat of the last Pats game will have you M.I.A. Again ???

i can appreciate all the lengthy diatribes you've provided us that explain why Tyrod's good.   

I watch the games though, it's all a big bag of ?

If you watched the game you know Taylor played well. Why pretend otherwise?