Turning our KC Pick into a top 5 pick?

simpleman

4 hours ago, simpleman said:

Check out the playoff standings. We should all be rooting against Denver. Denver could be headed for a top 5 pick in the 2018 draft. Bundling a 2nd round with our KC 1st and TT might get us a decent QB prospect, maybe not first tier, but the cream of the 2nd tier.

Excuse me, but why in the world would a team give up its first round pick and a player to get "the cream of the 2nd tier" QB????   That's called a backup QB.  You only trade up to grab the best QB in the draft IMO.   You can draft a backup in the fifth round ...

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'll bet he will be. May even start. McDermott is not going to throw a rookie in unless they are out of this world in camp.

Really?  He already did ... even when the Bills were holding down a playoff spot.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

And how did that work out?

I'm not sure what your point is.  You're the one who claimed that McDermott wouldn't start a rookie unless he was "out of this world in camp" ... and Peterman wasn't.   Certainly his play as a starter was so unacceptable that one has to wonder what the coaches saw in him to make them think he could even be a reasonable backup QB.

3 hours ago, mannc said:

That would be awful...why bring in a bridge QB who is no better than Tyrod, will cost just as much, and is older?  Makes no sense.

Because he wouldn't be Taylor.

I don't think that will happen, however.  A first round QB will cost less and sell more seats ... and don't think that the Bills ever ignore their bottom line.

3 minutes ago, SoTier said:

I'm not sure what your point is.  You're the one who claimed that McDermott wouldn't start a rookie unless he was "out of this world in camp" ... and Peterman wasn't.   Certainly his play as a starter was so unacceptable that one has to wonder what the coaches saw in him to make them think he could even be a reasonable backup QB.

Don't you think that after that unmitigated disaster he might want to be more sure before he tries it again? I'm not saying Tyrod, specifically, is going to be here, but there will be an experienced vet in the mix. You do not intentionally downgrade at the most important position. Ever.

4 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

If Denver lands a top 5 pick they aren't trading it if a franchise QB is there.

And if they do they would be asking for a fortune and what would that say if John Elway believes a QB in that spot isn't worth taking and makes the deal with Buffalo or another team.

Yeah, what do you think they are? The Browns? 

2 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

I wouldn't want to trade Glen if he can get to a place where he is healthy most of the time.  If we judge he can't, I'd consider trading him to move up if it would get Rosen.  Your take is plausible, though I still wonder if Denver would be amenable.  I'm likely to change my mind a lot once more scouting stuff comes out -- I'm not at all an expert on qb -- but I like Rosen and Mayfield the best.  I'm guessing Darnold stays in school.  I'd take Jackson if he fell to us; I don't think you have to trade up to get him.

I didn't mean I would trade Glen, I just could not think of any other player we would trade that would be valuable in a trade with picks and players. I was wondering who else this team appears to not want,  that other teams would.  We already have traded most of players who are valuable. 

As you say the QBs available in the draft will shake out in another month or two and we will see who might realistically be available after the 3rd pick and if they would be worth it. I would believe Cleveland and the Giants would both keep their picks for drafting the top QBs, so they would be out of the picture for a trade. Chicago just got their QB, I wouldn't expect them or SF to draft a QB. Unless 

Luck really is injured worse than we have been lead to believe they would not draft a QB. So the potential trade partners are SF, Chicago, Ind and Denver.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

And a thread to talk about some mythical TT to Denver connection because three years ago they were interested in him 

It is that time. I guess unlike you, I already see it as that time of year to look forward to next year and talk about the off season. I already see this season as another wasted year before December 1st , and need to talk about next year to have any kind of hope in my heart.

Edited by simpleman

5 hours ago, simpleman said:

Check out the playoff standings. We should all be rooting against Denver. Denver could be headed for a top 5 pick in the 2018 draft. Bundling a 2nd round with our KC 1st and TT might get us a decent QB prospect, maybe not first tier, but the cream of the 2nd tier.

Or just root against KC to tank the rest of their season so their #1 (now ours) is higher. 

And maybe certain arrogant posters on here should just say you worded it wrong  instead of being insulting. How about spending some time learning to be decent human beings instead of spending so much time being arrogant and insulting. Yes, I messed up the title and did not explain the process thoroughly enough. There is no need to be arrogant and insulting to posters. Thank you Kirby for deciphering my thoughts perfectly from my too hasty  a written post.

I understood your point right away too. Elway doesn't strike me as the sort of guy who wants Taylor. I expect that he'll simply draft a QB if he has a top-five pick. That's the biggest flaw on that team.

And maybe certain arrogant posters on here should just say you worded it wrong  instead of being insulting. How about spending some time learning to be decent human beings instead of spending so much time being arrogant and insulting. Yes, I messed up the title and did not explain the process thoroughly enough. There is no need to be arrogant and insulting to posters. Thank you Kirby for deciphering my thoughts perfectly from my too hasty  a written post.

this is the internet. time to pull up your big girl panties and rock it.

1 hour ago, simpleman said:

I didn't mean I would trade Glen, I just could not think of any other player we would trade that would be valuable in a trade with picks and players. I was wondering who else this team appears to not want,  that other teams would.  We already have traded most of players who are valuable. 

As you say the QBs available in the draft will shake out in another month or two and we will see who might realistically be available after the 3rd pick and if they would be worth it. I would believe Cleveland and the Giants would both keep their picks for drafting the top QBs, so they would be out of the picture for a trade. Chicago just got their QB, I wouldn't expect them or SF to draft a QB. Unless 

Luck really is injured worse than we have been lead to believe they would not draft a QB. So the potential trade partners are SF, Chicago, Ind and Denver.

It is that time. I guess unlike you, I already see it as that time of year to look forward to next year and talk about the off season. I already see this season as another wasted year before December 1st , and need to talk about next year to have any kind of hope in my heart.

No its the point that Denver had a chance before Taylor decided to redo his contract. They passed. 

They are not going to trade for him when a recent report shows that GMs across the league have him as 25 best QB. 3 years of tape will change opinion pf a player

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Luka said:

Probably will be in the market for Bradford, like us. Or maybe Keenum.

Possibly, Bradford I’m not sure is going to be able to stand after a 3rd ACL to the same knee, I can’t recall hearing of that before. IMO take your millions walk as best you can for as long as he can at this point Sam... Football wise his mobility behind this line would be a 4th ACL in Buffalo in camp. I wouldn’t bother with him myself.

Keenum is a guy I liked coming out and has exceeded my wildest expectations this year, if he keeps it up, they resign him, plenty of cap space as I see it to do so. IMO won’t hit the market, they can use Bradford’s money with Sam coming off the books for Case and still be in the green for spending on others, draft a guy mid round and bring Teddy back to back up for under the $22 Million Sam, Case and Teddy made this year combined.