Why Taylor can't be the QB longterm---perfect example today

Big Turk

1 minute ago, Woodman19 said:

Just because you criticize Tyrod doesn't mean you are a Peterman guy.  I think there are lots of people who would gladly draft a QB in the first round to take over for Tyrod.

99% of the fans want a QB early this year. All the debates are pretty dumb when you think about it. I just don’t want us casting out Tyrod before we know for sure his replacement is better. If we draft someone in the 1st round and keep Tyrod on a short leash next year (see: Chicago Bears with Glennon and Trubisky) I don’t mind that at all.

2 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

Just because you criticize Tyrod doesn't mean you are a Peterman guy.  I think there are lots of people who would gladly draft a QB in the first round to take over for Tyrod.

thats just it though,  to some here,  its Tyrod or gtfo.    Doesnt matter how bad Tyrod plays,   hes their guy.    I have never seen a QB play so badly,  for so long,  and have so many, including national media types,  make sooooo many excuses for him.

Tyrod wins on occasion,  but it sure isnt because of him.      Hes gone  next season in any event.

3 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

thats just it though,  to some here,  its Tyrod or gtfo.    Doesnt matter how bad Tyrod plays,   hes their guy.    I have never seen a QB play so badly,  for so long,  and have so many, including national media types,  make sooooo many excuses for him.

Tyrod wins on occasion,  but it sure isnt because of him.      Hes gone  next season in any event.

Strange phenomenon.    Thankful it ends this year though.  

36 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

You're off by 7 TD's there, chief.

The OL was decent in pass pro today.  And it's almost the exact same OL as it was in 2015. 

Yeah wasnt much to complain about in pass pro today...Chiefs have some good rushers especially Houston and he was mostly quiet...run blocking that is another story...

Taylor fans that keep pointing to last week still don't get it. Their guy isn't going to be here next year and Peterman will be.

But in the end the long term QB answer for this team probably won't be here until next years draft at the earliest. Either way Taylor is not the answer and go ahead an thump your chest over his jaw dropping stats this week I suppose you deserve it.

12 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

He can't hit a WR in stride because accuracy sucks....I'd rather see him grow a pair of balls and take a few risks than play like the timid wimp he is.  He single handedly kept KC in the game.

No he didn't.  That is ridiculous.

At leas the people who want to move on from Tyrod can take heart in the fact that the coaches refuse to give Tyrod the ball in big moments and didnt hesitate to pull him when the unwillingness to take shots down the field as the game was slipping away, in other words the actions show they dont want him here.

Just now, Woodman19 said:

At leas the people who want to move on from Tyrod can take heart in the fact that the coaches refuse to give Tyrod the ball in big moments and didnt hesitate to pull him when the unwillingness to take shots down the field as the game was slipping away, in other words the actions show they dont want him here.

OR... why the offense is putting up very pedestrian numbers. These guys in charge don't appear to be the best offensive minds in the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Woodman19 said:

Who are the people who don't want to move on from Tyrod next year?   Are there maybe 2 or 3 on the entire board.   Maybe?

3 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Taylor fans that keep pointing to last week still don't get it. Their guy isn't going to be here next year and Peterman will be.

But in the end the long term QB answer for this team probably won't be here until next years draft at the earliest. Either way Taylor is not the answer and go ahead an thump your chest over his jaw dropping stats this week I suppose you deserve it.

There’s no guarantee Peterman is here next year.

15 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

He can't hit a WR in stride because his accuracy sucks....I'd rather see him grow a pair of balls and take a few risks than play like the timid wimp he is.  He single handedly kept KC in the game.

What an uninformed and ridiculous take. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

OR... why the offense is putting up very pedestrian numbers. These guys in charge don't appear to be the best offensive minds in the NFL. 

At some point when you go through new coaches every year you should probably wonder if its the players.

18 minutes ago, MURPHD6 said:

There is zero proof that better ball placement in the situation that you are referring to will often result in the difference between a win and a loss. And your analysis fails to consider how his running ability positively impacts the teams ability to win games. Essentially, you are just rehashing the same old impartial critique that is commonly made with regard to Taylor's play, offering little in terms of insight and analysis. 

Well, I offer plenty in other posts about "insights and analysis" guess you'll have to read those then... This is insightful because it encapsulates in a single play Taylor's main problem.

So let me understand this...your argument is that there is no study that shows putting the ball in a place where the receiver can run after he catches it rather than falls to the ground or has to stop himself routinely won't translate into more wins and losses? Of course it doesn't...it translates into yardage, first downs, better field position, extended drives, and time of possession...and THOSE translate into more wins.

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

That should be the most concerning part.    People don't seem to recall that the Bills were much, much better on offense last year.    Oh,  and the year before.   With the same offensive line personnel still on the team (playing or not) from those years sans Kouandjio.