Clean House after season

Tatonka68

5 hours ago, QB Bills said:

Absolutely agree. But not with the list. 

Clean house by getting rid of Beane, McDermott et al and get someone in here that can get the most out of what they have. 

"Fitting the scheme" = never making the playoffs 

Nonsense. Fitting the scheme is what Belichick demands his players do and if I remember correctly, he's done OK at making the playoffs.  

Pretty much all the teams with consistent success demand the players fit the scheme. You don't see Tomlin saying "Fellas, just make plays, I'll fit things in around you."

In the first year, fitting the scheme does often make it very difficult to make the playoffs. After that, if the coach is a good one and he has a good GM working with him, it can be a recipe for sustained excellence. Not that we can be sure of how McDermott and Beane will do. But you generally can't till you see a few years of results.

5 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Lol you keep telling yourself that. Fans wanted his head on a pike after his last season here. RW listened.

Not true. RW specifically said you can stay, Wade, if you dump your STs coach. Wade didn't.

Edited by Thurman#1

I would keep Shady crazy to dump him right now. I would keep Tyrod Taylor unless a better option comes along. I would keep EJ Gaines as well. I would definitely remove Shareece Wright it seems like he is a weakness to me. I don't hate Tolbert if he was used in the correct way.

I don't know who the rest of the players you mentioned are so I guess dump them and bring in names that can be remembered because they make plays.

Edited by Lfod

5 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

It's hard to take this thread seriously. That being said, I would like to posit a question that I asked in another thread and got no answer. For all those who want to kick Tyrod to the curb: Then what? Let's assume that Peterman is as bad as he has been (why would we not assume that?). And, let's assume that we use some combination of 2018 pick to trade up and draft out mythical "quarterback of the future." Again, then what? Do we start them fresh out of the gate, behind whatever O-line we have by next year? Do we shop around for some version of Brian Hoyer to sustain some level of mediocrity until our "QB of the future is ready to start?" Just how badly are we going to manage our high-draft-pick QB next year?

However you feel about Tyrod, I'm gong to guess that we are going to miss him for the first eight, or so, games next season.

Honestly. I am fine with growing pains. I wouldn't mind Peterman or insert qb name here from the 18 draft and give them rope to figure it out. You have to learn. And as long as I can see promise, I am 1000% ok with no Tyrod. I look at it like this. 0 - 16 and 9 - 7 are the same. If you don't get to the playoffs you failed.

2 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Is Ryan Davis the token throw in white guy to avoid not being called racist? I don’t even feel like looking it up but I’m pretty certain all the players listed are black.

Ryan Davis is black

I been saying this for a couple years now but I believe the ONLY person we need to get rid of is the little person on the medical team.

He was there at the Everett injury and since then the injury bug hits us EVERY year in key positions. Philip Rivers goes through a concussion protocol on Wednesday and plays on Sunday but if our players go through concussion protocol, it's damn near season ending.

I don't trust him. Get him out of here and the curse will be gone.

13 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

Bills need to clean house and get rid of the following players after the season, Tyrod Taylor, Shady McCoy, Cedric Thorton, Ryan Davis, Mike Tolbert, Shareece Wright,  Leonard Johnson, Alonzo Alexander and EJ Gaines. 

You left the right side of the oline out

13 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

Bills need to clean house and get rid of the following players after the season, Tyrod Taylor, Shady McCoy, Cedric Thorton, Ryan Davis, Mike Tolbert, Shareece Wright,  Leonard Johnson, Alonzo Alexander and EJ Gaines. 

You owe me 5 seconds of my life back

CBF

15 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

'Lorenzo' Alexander can stay on as a situational edge rusher. EJ is a solid corner. He can also stay. A complete teardown would put us at the Browns level. Is that really what you want?

They already cleaned house, and this house cleaning showed a lack knowledge along with all three,

Matthews, Gains and Benjamin being broken down and on the sidelines or ineffective  more than

they have helped. Do not have much more talent to get rid of. 

On 11/23/2017 at 6:37 PM, Tatonka68 said:

Again? How many house cleanings do they need? They turnover 75% of the roster every two years. Their house is spotless by now.

On 11/23/2017 at 3:50 PM, Pbomb said:

Id keep shady and resign gaines , the rest i think are as good as gone plus a bunch more.

Ducasse mills should be cut, have a feeling glenn will be traded. Preston brown and j matthews wont be resigned. Kwilliams will retire or go elsewhere. Gonna be a very different team next year which is a good thing

Agree with all this. We have to treat the Bills almost like an expansion team. Keep Shady & Gaines, Benjamin,  Hauscka.  Everyone else needs to be re-evaluated.