Thanksgiving Football: What to Watch For

26CornerBlitz

Cowboys gotta be questioning what they have in Prescott...he turns into bad Tyrod without Elliott...very surprising considering how RB play has been minimized in the NFL these days.

Edited by matter2003

45 minutes ago, H2o said:

Talking about QB's, after all of the hype last year, is Dak starting to look a little Tyrod-esque out there at times or is it just me? Romo has broken down a couple of times where he hasn't gone through his progressions therefore not seeing the open man. I have also noticed how Dak is quick to check down as well. He also hasn't put up the best of numbers. He makes some plays, but he doesn't seem to be able to carry his team with his arm when needed. Not saying he's garbage, just saying he's not living up to the hype around him imo. Maybe last year was as much of a product of the OL and a full slate of Zeke?

I said last year it was all Oline zeke and Witten. Was bashed to high hell for it. 

Edited by Scott7975

4 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Cowboys gotta be questioning what they have in Prescott...he turns into bad Tyrod without Elliott...very surprising considering how RB play has been minimized in the NFL these days.

Makes me admire RW even more.. The fact that he can consistently carry his offense without much of anything else going on 

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

I said last year it was all Oline zeke and Witten. Was bashed to high hell for it. 

He sure as heck looks like a completely different QB this year without Zeke. He looks confused and indecisive. Can't seem to carry the team

Just now, HappyDays said:

Anthony Lynn’s offense is starting to look really good

and yet they are 5-6...with Philip Rivers and a pretty good D.  They are one of those teams you scratch your head at and wonder how they aren't better than they are every year.

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

and yet they are 5-6...with Philip Rivers and a pretty good D.  They are one of those teams you scratch your head at and wonder how they aren't better than they are every year.

They would be 7-4 if they had a real kicker. They’re headed in the right direction while the Bills go backwards.

Just now, matter2003 said:

Chargers got off to a bumpy start IMO due to all the headaches associated with the franchise move from SD to LA.  But now that's behind them and are in good position to make a run at a WC

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

It was pretty good last year.... as run by Tyrod Taylor.?

Sadly Scott, Pegula may end up getting rid of Lynn and Tyrod. There goes our high scoring offense. And I have no reason to believe they hired a defensive mastermind either.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Sadly Scott, Pegula may end up getting rid of Lynn and Tyrod. There goes our high scoring offense. And I have no reason to believe they hired a defensive mastermind either.

As well as Bradley who has the D coaching great for Chargers.

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan

12 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Chargers got off to a bumpy start IMO due to all the headaches associated with the franchise move from SD to LA.  But now that's behind them and are in good position to make a run at a WC

I'm not talking about this year, its just about every year with them...they last made the playoffs in 2013 with a 9-7 record, and that was their only appearence since 2009.  With Phillip Rivers, Antonio Gates, etc for the last 8 years you'd think they would have been a lot better than that.  The last time they finished better than 9-7 was in 2009 when they finished 13-3...

From 2010-2016 Chargers have been 51-61 while the Bills have been 46-66.  I'd think a franchise QB would be worth a lot more than 5 wins over the course of 7 years.

Edited by matter2003

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Bills scored 27 PPG when Lynn coached and Tyrod played QB last year. Chargers so far this year have 22.1 PPG. That’s the difference between 6th in the league and 16th.

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

It was pretty good last year.... as run by Tyrod Taylor.?

Tyrod has never had a game close to the ones Rivers has put up the last two weeks. Those are number that Tyrod only puts up through a entire 3rd of a season. Not saying we didn't score, but he has a hell of a lot better QB to work with this year. 

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Fans didn’t want Marrone and they didn’t want Lynn. Consistency is important and we let 2 competent coaches leave.

Marrone left on his own accord.  Please stop with this stuff that happens around here where people make stuff up that fits the narrative they want to write that is based on something other than reality...it happens CONSTANTLY on this board where people just literally spin something however they want 5 years later that is completely false.

Edited by matter2003

7 minutes ago, H2o said:

Tyrod has never had a game close to the ones Rivers has put up the last two weeks. Those are number that Tyrod only puts up through a entire 3rd of a season. Not saying we didn't score, but he has a hell of a lot better QB to work with this year. 

Rivers has had 4 games this year with a passer rating of less than 83. Only one of those games was a win. He had one game with a passer rating of 37.2 and 3 INTs. He is as inconsistent as they come. But yes when’s he’s on he’s really on. When he’s bad he’s really bad and has a penchant for throwing game-losing picks.

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

Marrone left on his own accord.  Please stop with this stuff that happens around here where people make stuff up that fits the narrative they want to write that is based on something other than reality...it happens CONSTANTLY on this board where people just literally spin something however they want 5 years later that is completely false.

Marrone left because it was him or Whaley, and the Pegulas chose not to give him what he asked for. Even though he had us on the cusp of a playoff appearance with freaking EJ Manuel and Kyle Orton as his QBs. But the wrestler from Pennsylvania (yes I seriously believe his home state was a major factor in the Pegula’s decision) gets full control in his first ever season as head coach. It’s baffling.

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Rivers has had 4 games this year with a passer rating of less than 83. Only one of those games was a win. He had one game with a passer rating of 37.2 and 3 INTs. He is as inconsistent as they come. But yes when’s he’s on he’s really on. When he’s bad he’s really bad and has a penchant for throwing game-losing picks.

Marrone left because it was him or Whaley, and the Pegulas chose not to give him what he asked for. Even though he had us on the cusp of a playoff appearance with freaking EJ Manuel and Kyle Orton as his QBs. But the wrestler from Pennsylvania (yes I seriously believe his home state was a major factor in the Pegula’s decision) gets full control in his first ever season as head coach. It’s baffling.

Please...Marrone tried a power play, overplayed his hand and no owner in his right mind would have caved to his demands.  HE himself admitted he screwed it up and that he learned a lot from it and he regretted it.

3 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

Yes, the comparason to Dak is premature.  But let's not label Peterman "garbage".    Dak plays behind the best line in the NFL his rookie year and has Zek and a great WR and TE cast.  Peterman has McCoy.  

Well the Bolts just destroyed the Boys. Dak looked like garbage behind a great line, WRs, a HoF TE, and an RB who has run for more than 1000 yards. Wonder how he would have looked behind Mills and Ducasse, with no # 1 WR (and no legit #2)?

Just now, Fadingpain said:

The Giants/Redskins game should make for some really compelling viewing.

:huh:

Yeah we will get to hear about how awesome Cousins and his .452 win percentage are while he throws for 400+ yards and still figures out ways to lose

15 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Please...Marrone tried a power play, overplayed his hand and no owner in his right mind would have caved to his demands.  HE himself admitted he screwed it up and that he learned a lot from it and he regretted it.

But the owner caved to all of McDermott’s demands, who had shown exactly nothing before this job? That’s an interesting change in Pegula’s philosophy. The guy has no clue how to run a sports team. I think we’re well past the point of arguing that.

20 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Would you take Tyrod over Rivers on any given Sunday? I know I wouldn't. You can try to use QB ratings and whatever you want, Rivers is clearly the better QB. 

10 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Fans don’t decide who gets hired..

True, but I DID actually want Lynn as head coach. I thought it made the most sense. 

Having said that, I really do like the McDermott/beane combo and think they'll get us where we need to be 

1 minute ago, H2o said:

Would you take Tyrod over Rivers on any given Sunday? I know I wouldn't. You can try to use QB ratings and whatever you want, Rivers is clearly the better QB. 

On a day where I know I need passing yards to win I want Rivers. On a day where the turnover battle will decide the winner I want Tyrod. I would take Rivers over Tyrod on any given Sunday but I wouldn’t feel 100% confident in my choice like I would with a Brady or Brees. Just depends on which side of Rivers I’ll get but the past few games in a row it’s been the good Rivers.

Just now, H2o said:

Just now, HappyDays said:

On a day where I know I need passing yards to win I want Rivers. On a day where the turnover battle will decide the winner I want Tyrod. I would take Rivers over Tyrod on any given Sunday but I wouldn’t feel 100% confident in my choice like I would with a Brady or Brees. Just depends on which side of Rivers I’ll get but the past few games in a row it’s been the good Rivers.

If I'm playing to win the game, I start Rivers.  If I'm playing for draft position, I start Tyrod

• Haha (+1) 1