Does anyone else feel numb to this?

TonyBeets

Yep, comfortably numb!  I'm taking this in stride b/c I wanted Peterman to play and have resolved that we aren't winning more than 1 or 2 games the rest of the year.

I think we win 1 Dolphins game and maybe Indy.

I predicted 6 wins before the season, we have 5, and will probably end up with 6 or maybe 7.

It's all about the QB we draft next year.  These games don't mean a thing.

Edited by Fadingpain

1 hour ago, Jasovon said:

I made a fair amount of cash last night, as soon as the Peterman news came down i picked up the Chargers D in fantasy and put money on the chargers to win by more than 14. 

We are in a blessed position as Bills fans we literally know the outcome of these games with how well we know the team. 

I want them to win, but i know that they won't. 

Good call.  I rarely bet on Bills games so I stayed away from it but an educated fan could see this disaster coming a mile away.  I even had further conviction.  One of my best friends is a Pitt grad & he told me Thursday that this a going to be a disaster of epic proportions for Peterman.  Told me he is no where near ready to start a NFL game.  I wish I would of listened, could of covered my Christmas this year.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

As I was sitting in the stadium watching it all unfold, I was watching all the Bills fans around be screaming and swearing and I could see their blood pressure skyrocketing.  I was in full blown laughter. Sucks that I paid a couple Gs to attend the game, but I still had a blast.  Maybe it’s because just that....I’m numb.  

Shout out to Kelly the Dog and Heitz.  Was a pleasure to meet you guys. Class acts. 

Were they wearing the Chicken Wing hats?    Late game game cameras caught a pair still in the stands 

4 hours ago, TonyBeets said:

Does anyone else feel numb to yesterday?  I see a lot of posters angry and disappointed, but I am just numb.

Not saying that it's a good thing, it's just after so many years of this type of stuff I am just used to it.  I shouldn't be, but it's better than getting your hopes up.  Look at the lack of talent we have on both sides of the ball.  I just had low expectations for the season. Our best player on defense is a rookie and our best player on offense is a running back.  Generally that doesn't work out great.

My feeling precisely. It's like my house burned down, but it burned down the week before already and the week before that and last year and ten years before that. It's burned down so many times that I am relatively unaffected by its burning down again. I didn't have much stuff that I care about left in that house, maybe a couple of nicknacks I regret losing but most of it got lost years ago. I fully expect the house to burn down again and again in the near future and more and more I feel like I'm living somewhere else. 

8 hours ago, Dr. K said:

My feeling precisely. It's like my house burned down, but it burned down the week before already and the week before that and last year and ten years before that. It's burned down so many times that I am relatively unaffected by its burning down again. I didn't have much stuff that I care about left in that house, maybe a couple of nicknacks I regret losing but most of it got lost years ago. I fully expect the house to burn down again and again in the near future and more and more I feel like I'm living somewhere else. 

That's pretty much it for me.  It's groundhog day.  Full of surprises initially but after a while nothing really surprises you.  You expect certain things to happen.  What a sad feeling.

Numb may not be the word of my choice.

I'm disgusted, disappointed, upset, etc.

But I don't let it get me down the way it used to.  So in that respect I guess I'm a little numb.

I think the expectations were low this year, and the wins at first were a surprise.

Of course, those wins were largely the result of an unusual number of takeaways.

But, alas, that method of winning was not sustainable.

Yep. Numb. I lived through four straight super bowl losses, and the cornucopia of other disappointments and disasters since. My friends here in MA, who are all Pats fans, give me grief on a regular basis. Just rolls off like rain off a duck's back. Nothing surprises me anymore. Being a Bills fan is a hard job for tough people.

I picked 5 wins before the season, after the Watkins trade. When they jumped out to 5-2 I stated I needed 2 more wins before I was buying it. 

Then we played the Jets and I was right back where I started.

I try not to post in the guess the score threads because I’m trying not to be negative but I had a bad feeling about the Saints game.

Not that bad though. After the Saints I knew the season was finished for sure. 

Peterman getting the start got me interested but ooof?

Numb isn’t the word, just non emotional as I see this is a multi year rebuild. I LOVE the Bills and I’m willing to wait for my love to come out of the coma they’ve been in for 17 years.

Not numb but not nearly as upset as I used to get.  For example 2008 and 2011 the last real good starts, after Week 9 those years I'd practically be pissed the whole week after the games.  I'd get over it the next Sunday and then it was pretty much always another loss.

This team isn't worth getting upset like that over. 

Yes, I’m numb to it. The stupidity at OBD doesn’t surprise me anymore. You can’t rebuild and try to win at the same time, it’s one or the other. It’s no wonder why the Bills continually finish on average between 6-10/7-9, draft around the same spots (8-13) and waste those first round picks on DB’s and RB’s. Wash, rinse, repeat...

• Like (+1) 1

I didn't have high expectations on the season so I really am not surprised.

I do feel bad for Peterman and I think the coaching staff really let him down. His 1st start as a rookie QB shouldn't have been against the best D-Line in the NFL without Glenn and our worst offering of WR's this year with KB going down. I can't see him not finishing out the season once we are ruled out of the playoffs, 

I'm not sure if it's numb or I've gone nuts. I didn't like the hire to begin with and he just always seemed too college/hs coachy to me, but so do most football coaches to me.

I was so mad after the Watkins trade I told my boss don't go out of your way to give me Sundays off. I get a bonus for them and this team just didn't seem worth giving that up. After passing on going to the Raiders game and listening to the players, not the coach, speak after that game I thought maybe I was wrong. Maybe their is something to what I think is bs he preaches even though the TO differential and quality of victories gave me pause. But listening to Jordan Matthews talk about how no one wanted him, Tyrod, or McCoy. How they all got passed on, I finally caved and bought in. I didn't think we were on a run for years of playoffs, but maybe we were finally going to be the garbage over achieving team that gets a wild card spot.

Then the Jets game happens. And halfway through it, I'm just laughing hysterically. The weak fumbles everything. All I can think is, you people thought this **** was good?

Then I go to the Saints game and that was anger.

Then McDermott comes out and says Peterman is starting and I'm annoyed.

Then I catch the first half of the LA game and I'm b92.gif Hahahaha Trust the process... Hahaha you believed in this ****? Trust the process, you guys got played, and then it's

b92.gif

He said after the game that he "Regrets the result but not the decision" Hahahaha 

Maybe something's wrong with me, like I said crazy, but you just have to laugh sometimes. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B