To everyone who was so adamant that the Bills start Peterman

Billsfan1972

42 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I thought he should have given Taylor the next two games at least. Was shocked to see McDermott pull the trigger so soon. Obviously it was the wrong decision.

But I'm over it. Peterman isn't nearly as bad as the box score shows today. I'm still fully supportive of McDermott.

You're right, he almost had 6 ints.

3 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

If this was your title I would agree! "The coaching staff and FO have to take responsibility for this farce....."

Right off the bat two of the interceptions are on them if you ask me (like matter2003 pointed out) . Miller and rookie LT against Tre Boston, who hit him releasing the ball twice.

But it is worse than that to me. They didn't know what they were seeing in practice to get things so wrong. And it didn't look like the easy safe low risk offense teams put a newbie into.

And there we agree.  There is no way a 5th round rookie could have succeeded.  It was a joke and how McDermott handled halftime and will handle the next few days will speak volumes.

If he shows the same hubris I'll be pissed.   

3 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Neither QB is winning this game, Taylor is a better QB right now because of experience only. McD should've released Taylor right when he signed on as HC. 1st year HC with all new coaching staff and we expected to make the playoffs in his 1st year.

Again we were 2 wins from the playoffs last year.  He took over a .500 team, not the Cleveland Browns.....

Peterman was obviously pushing Taylor in practice to have McD start him over Taylor. Let me say that again a 5th rd rookie is pushing our starting QB.

The only mistake McD made was starting him vs the Chargers. The Chargers have a cloned version of the Jets defense, Taylor would've lost this game and then you could've started Peterman vs KC with little expectations.

We have one bad QB and one mediocre QB. Our HC  (Head Clapper) looks and sounds more and more like a fool. We have no talent on this roster and there isn’t a single player you can comfortably build around and say is part of our future. We have an OC stuck in 80’s who can’t design an offense around what his team (especially QB) does well. We are no better today than when we had Chan and Fitz leading this team.

5 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I have to admit that Taylor looked so bad vs the Jets I would've considered starting a guy bagging groceries.

Tell me again how bad he was against the Jets?  I saw that game.  He was bad against N0 but I'm interested to hear about the Jets game.

6 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I have to admit that Taylor looked so bad vs the Jets I would've considered starting a guy bagging groceries.

Taylor didn't look bad against the Jets at all.  The guy was one of the only offensive players on the field that didn't look bad.

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And that anyone saying otherwise knew nothing about how bad Tyrod is and the stupidity of all the experts who don't watch the Bills.......

Explain away.......

The season was over after the Jets game....we have no qb, no oline, no pass rush and no secondary.

This is easily tip 3 worst team in nfl so who cares about who starts, so stupid.

Taylor is not a very good Qb but he is a starter.   There is a clear dropoff between mediocre starter and not fit to play, we saw this today.  Maybe Peterman has potential, maybe he needed to develop, but he was worse than anyone on the bills ever at QB.

That is right, JP Losman, Jeff Tuel, Matt Kofler, Billy Joe Hobert, Vince Ferragamo, Bruce Mathison and  Brian McClure were Tom Brady compared to this.    You have to stick with Taylor and sign a veteran backup in case he gets hurt, then you draft a first rounder next year. 

Peterman for any reason should not be anywhere near an NFL field again in 2017.

30 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

We know what we have with Taylor, which is an average QB. We needed to find out what We have with Peterman to determine how next year's draft will be handled. 

Yeah Peterman sucked today, can't argue that,  but we got rolled last week just as bad.

I don't understand where all the "we needed to find out..." comes from.  Peterman was a 5th round draft pick.  He didn't light up the camp a la Russ Wilson.  You don't "need to find out" what you have with a guy like that.  You hope he'll develop into a capable backup.

We should already have known how next year's draft should be handled: go all out for the QB we like best.  We didn't need to humiliate ourselves to find out.

We got rolled last week by an 8-2 team with one of the better D and O in the NFL right now.

We got rolled this week by a 3-6 team with whom we really should have been able to at least make a game of it

12 minutes ago, dgrochester55 said:

Taylor is not a very good Qb but he is a starter.   There is a clear dropoff between mediocre starter and not fit to play, we saw this today.  Maybe Peterman has potential, maybe he needed to develop, but he was worse than anyone on the bills ever at QB.

That is right, JP Losman, Jeff Tuel, Matt Kofler, Billy Joe Hobert, Vince Ferragamo, Bruce Mathison and  Brian McClure were Tom Brady compared to this.    You have to stick with Taylor and sign a veteran backup in case he gets hurt, then you draft a first rounder next year. 

Peterman for any reason should not be anywhere near an NFL field again in 2017.

Look I am traumatized so I might not be 100% accurate here.

But you start the new guy throwing towards the sidelines. That way if he misses or something goes wrong, most always the ball just goes out of bounds. So it is sideline passes and dump the ball to the running back in screens, all with nobody behind them.

They had him throwing to the middle and that is like playing Russian roulette with 5 of 6 bullets in the gun.

So to me it looked like the offensive game plan was at least as bad as the QB play.

Edited by BadLandsMeanie

1 minute ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Look I am traumatized so I might not be 100% accurate here.

But you start the new guy throwing towards the sidelines. That way if he misses or something goes wring, most always the ball just goes out of bounds. So it is sideline passes and dump the ball to the running back in screens, all with nobody behind them.

They had him throwing to the middle and that is like playing Russian roulette with 5 of 6 bullets in the gun.

So to me it looked like the offensive game plan was at least as bad as the QB play.

OK, I have empathy for the traumatized.  And I haven't liked Dennison's game plans most of the season.

I think the story at OBD was Peterman can make those over-the-middle throws to open guys that Tyrod misses.  

Obviously the story was wrong