[closed]Why the rush to Peterman this week......

Billsfan1972

2 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

That's definitely not true... we all must assess and deliver our opinions on the subject du jour. Some don't like it because it doesn't match their opinion or their tribal opinion.

Ohh well!

Bill_the_Butcher_Iraq.jpg

I never understood what the deal was with that skullcap he is wearingI never understood what the deal was with that skullcap he is wearing

1 minute ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

That's definitely not true... we all must assess and deliver our opinions on the subject du jour. Some don't like it because it doesn't match their opinion or their tribal opinion.

Ohh well!

Bill_the_Butcher_Iraq.jpg

I agree with this. I understand people still believe in Tyrod. I don't think that merits assuming Peterman won't cut it before he plays a game. At least be open minded to the idea it could happen.

I love the move to Nate now but I won't say automatically that he plays better then Tyrod.

27 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

5-4 and in the playoffs as of now.  This is the one game they can win along with Miami x 2 and Indy.

Next week and little debate, but like it or not they are in the playoffs and are now starting a rookie fifth round pick.

so I'm guessing you're giving the kid no chance?

well, either you're going to be surprised he steps up to the opportunity and does well and they win. (if the defense doesn't step up his game good or bad may not matter?)

or

if you're they type that likes to come back and sling dirt with the "I told you so" which I expect to be the case with some that did not support the move?

either way, you'll know tomorrow some where around 7 pm.

47 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Or does the Bills front office not care about the playoffs?

I am not a Tyrod fan.  I am more one who has questioned the FO, coaching, OC and play calling (check my threads & posts).

Very simply I thought the FO was while not tanking the season, were more then content if they did go 4-12.

The great start changed the narrative, but many still liked the talk about McDermott, discipline and their type of player.

So now 5-4 and the playoffs on the line with the one winnable game prior to week 14 and they bench Tyrod????

Again if he went out and stunk up the joint vs. LAC you have an easier time convincing the team, fans & national media and still have 6 weeks to audition Peterman, but to do it this week defies logic.

I know there is a large segment here chomping at the bit, praying for a good game from Peterman and to be cackling and beating their chests Sunday night, but again why didn't they play this week out?

56 yards passing, no completion over 10 yards. 52% completion over 15 yards. etc etc

Here’s my thought process:

The D looks shot. I assume McD feels the same.

The only way this team gets 4 more wins is if the O gets markedly better.

The O line isn’t going to improve markedly.

TT isn’t going to improve;

therefore the run game isn’t goin g to suddenly busy out.

That leaves a Hail Mary to NP starting.

He would need to average 3TD/ 1 pick a game to give us a shot IMO.

I don’t think this will happen therefore the playoffs are a pipe dream and we might as well accept it and get him experience.

I used to lip sync to Gene Pitney's Greatest Hits so I can say with some level of certainty that I saw McDermott on the sideline clearly say,

"If I have to watch him just one more series, a vein is going to pop somewhere near the top of my bald head."

So it was for the best.  Good call by McDermott.

28 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

That's the oc's fault then.  Tyrod was the QB, you scheme an offense that plays to his strengths.

And now the fans pray for a rookie fifth round pick.....

One could reasonably argue that TT is an OC killer. Roman got sacked and people are blaming Dennison now.

Maybe having a gun ( QB) that doesn’t consistently misfire is important for an offensive scheme?

45 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

That's the oc's fault then.  Tyrod was the QB, you scheme an offense that plays to his strengths.

And now the fans pray for a rookie fifth round pick.....

After spending the last 2-1/2 years praying for a fifth round pick...

1 hour ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Because, for the second time TT has been benched when the regime decided he wasn’t the guy.

The Playoffs were a pipe dream before the season started and still are.

The prudent move is to see what your semi promising backup has and set yourself up for next season.

This Defense looks shot also.

He was benched last year due to clause in contract. It was a money game.  He was not benched last year because "he wasn't the guy".

McD appears to be trying to insert spark in offense but may reinsert Tyler if it does not work.

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

Maybe, just maybe McD wants to try and salvage the good start and make the playoffs? It’s easy to play it safe and stick with Tyrod but I don’t think he’s that good and our chances of making the playoffs with him aren’t significantly greater than with Peterman. It’s all a moot point anyway if the defense doesn’t get it together.

yup I agree with this. I think Peterman may struggle a little in the 1st qter or so, but as the game flow goes he WILL be able to put points on the board. I think the HC is right that he give the Bills a better chance to win games. Maybe he does enough to keep the defense rested just enough to win.

But I have a feeling Peterman will get us some points but not enough to win because of the defense. Hopefully they can somehow pull out the win, either way though, I think Peterman will have an overall good day as far as the QB perspective goes.

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Maybe because the coaching staff feels Peterman may give them a better chance to win football games.  If that's the case then "rushing" is appropriate because we cant afford to lose games.

I think the coaching staff believes Peterman gives them the best chance to win. I believe it as well. Taylor was not capitalizing on turnovers, creating too many 3 and outs, and threw away wins in Cincy and Carolina when the D played well.

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

Maybe, just maybe McD wants to try and salvage the good start and make the playoffs? It’s easy to play it safe and stick with Tyrod but I don’t think he’s that good and our chances of making the playoffs with him aren’t significantly greater than with Peterman. It’s all a moot point anyway if the defense doesn’t get it together.

Bingo.  

They were not sold on TT and the last 2 games were the straw that broke the camels back.  

Time to salvage the season now and explore the options for 18.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Or does the Bills front office not care about the playoffs?

I am not a Tyrod fan.  I am more one who has questioned the FO, coaching, OC and play calling (check my threads & posts).

Very simply I thought the FO was while not tanking the season, were more then content if they did go 4-12.

The great start changed the narrative, but many still liked the talk about McDermott, discipline and their type of player.

So now 5-4 and the playoffs on the line with the one winnable game prior to week 14 and they bench Tyrod????

Again if he went out and stunk up the joint vs. LAC you have an easier time convincing the team, fans & national media and still have 6 weeks to audition Peterman, but to do it this week defies logic.

I know there is a large segment here chomping at the bit, praying for a good game from Peterman and to be cackling and beating their chests Sunday night, but again why didn't they play this week out?

This team wasn’t making the playoffs with Taylor.  

52 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Here's the biggest problem with Tyrods play so far and possibly why McDermott made the switch:

Tyrod lead offense PPG when defense has  +2 turnovers - 23.8

Tyrod lead offense PPG when defense has 1 or less turnovers - 9

There is a canyon between those 2 numbers.

The scoreless drives after the turnovers drive me insane!!

1 hour ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Here's the biggest problem with Tyrods play so far and possibly why McDermott made the switch:

Tyrod lead offense PPG when defense has  +2 turnovers - 23.8

Tyrod lead offense PPG when defense has 1 or less turnovers - 9

There is a canyon between those 2 numbers.

Wow, that is huge. 9 ppg is terrible but 23.8 ppg with 2+ turnovers per game isn't overly impressive either.

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

You have GOT to be the most aggravatingly judgemental person on this board, and that's saying something.

Remind me again of who you are?

Well he's right. Most people suffer from the "grass is greener on the other side" except for a lots of Bills fans. It's like only this team has holes, has made bad decisions, we're doomed anyway and on and on. TBH, I'm not convinced at all the Bills will end the drought this year, but I won't be screaming about tanking and that they have no chanche, and that the two games vs the Pats are already lost and on and on. WTH is that about? 

And I hate the constant tanking talk. Some of the current key players are getting up there in age. As with any team, if the Bills draft well sure it might pay great dividends.. mostly in 2019 and beyond. And while that would mean some positions are greatly improved, some will regress for sure, and most will stay about the same, so it makes no sense for a coach and GM to "tank"!

This move to Peterman might be a blessing, a curse, or neither, but I'm sure they did it cause they think it can improve the chance to win, not to lose the rest of the year!

Edited by Jerome007