The Leaks Have Ended

11 hours ago, HansLanda said:

I think they were all Whaley, someone high up on his staff, or Brandon - who is FAR removed from football ops these days. 

I doubt it was Whaley.  Why would he hang himself out for a press beating?  I do suspect someone on his staff may have been a source and one reason why McWrestler and Bean swept everyone out of the building.  Weren't there also some of the training staff let go?  From the way some stuff was worded, I thought they were behind some of it.  Then there's Berchtold.

Bottom line is: we may never know who the birdie was, but I'm so damn glad if they've stopped singing.  It was a very bad look for the Bills.

Given the timing of Peterman's tweet and then Sal C saying he had heard some rumblings from another local reporter, maybe McD called Peterman late Monday after watching film and speaking with coaches. 

And a good portion of the time, leaks and source info comes from agents. Players obviously hear things that go on but they'd be in deep caca if they started leaking things to the press. But they talk with their agents regularly and agents are generally an "inside source" that reporters can try to get info from. Half the reason so many reporters go to Indy for the combine is because that's where and when agents meet with team officials about their players. Reporters are there to report on the combine but they're all working to link up with new sources as well.

Tyrod showed nothing to me other than a team player and 100% class act.  This may not have been the case behind the scenes, but I would be surprised to hear he was different.

The Whaley regime blabbed to CBS a few days before the Steelers game telling them Rex was toast if the Bills lost huge, and CBS ran with that for the buildup and during the game.

Grateful the organization has sealed off horrible leaks like the Whaley regime had.

11 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Actually did the leaks really end?

See this post from Nathan Peterman himself on Monday, also keeping in mind he barely posts on twitter:

https://twitter.com/NatePeterman

So if NP didn't know about this on Monday then perhaps there was some divine intervention in the works to alter the fate of this entire franchise? Makes you think....

It's a quote from Joe Gibbs (minus a couple words, edited for brevity and relevance I assume). 

On 2017-11-15 at 10:18 PM, BuffaloRush said:

Remember McDermott pretty much cleaned house when he came on board.  He got rid of a lot of people including most coaches, the entire scouting division, and even some people in football operations like Scott Berchtold.  The only big names he couldn't get rid of is Bud Carpenter and Jim Overdorff.  This seems to have done the trick 

Agreed.  The leaks were way before Rex or Whaley....but, they seem to be gone.  So, we got that going for us which is nice

On 11/15/2017 at 9:56 PM, Mike in Horseheads said:

Coach McBalls said they told TT on Tuesday of their decision but that not one drip leaked to the press before his presser announcing it is a small miracle in this day and age. You have to figure many players, coachs and front office peeps knew. About time this organization put a end to the past BS

:worthy:

On 11/15/2017 at 10:06 PM, SDS said:

This what the Reaction function is for - to give an easy way to show approval/appreciation for a post without adding a non-discussional post to the thread.

Except when it won't let you because of some limit.

On 11/15/2017 at 10:12 PM, Augie said:

If only the leaks in our OL could end, we might stand a chance. 

Hopefully Peterman's quick release and decision making can negate that.

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 10:12 PM, Augie said:

If only the leaks in our OL could end, we might stand a chance. 

and D line.

I'm glad they have ended and I think it was Whaley anyhow.  I wouldn't say they were completely sealed though.  Sal C said on WGR the other day that while he wasn't 100% certain he pretty much knew it was coming.  Someone else in the press called him before the announcement to see if he knew anything about it.  Sal is respectable press though and keeps his mouth shut.

Foolish to think all leaks can be stopped. Some leaks are more devastating than others. 

Whoop dee doo someone said Tyrod was out before the presser, I heard it every week since NP was drafted that Tyrod was finished 

55 minutes ago, KW95 said:

My question is:

What does it matter if there are leaks?  what does it change, what does it mean?

Just asking because McBalls announced it on Wednesday.  

KW95

I think it’s probably true with any organization. Respect for management and everyone having buy-in means less airing out of dirty laundry in public. 

55 minutes ago, KW95 said:

My question is:

What does it matter if there are leaks?  what does it change, what does it mean?

Just asking because McBalls announced it on Wednesday.  

KW95

IMO

it shows McD runs a tight ship

it is another of the traits he has copied from the great Belicheat.