What (do you think) Peterman's stats are this week?

Steptide

2 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Let's just get this out of the way now: HE'S GOING TO THROW MORE INTERCEPTIONS THAN TYROD.

I hope people are prepared for that. Hopefully, those turnovers are offset by more passing yards and touchdowns and better run game.

I'm fine with more interceptions if it means more yards through the air and more tds. I can handle an interception every game. 

300 yards, 2 Tds and 2 ints.  One of those interceptions is off a receiver who wasn't ready for the fast delivery and is taken back for a score.  

I also expect Zay Jones to have his breakout game as he returns to the slot where he belongs.

Edited by DasNootz

The thing I've railed on Tyrod for is that he doesn't give this team a chance to win. Unless the other team comes unprepared or our guys just have a day, they know when and where shady's getting the ball, and they know Tyrod won't give our defense rest. I'm extremely confident that changes. Peterman doesn't have to be Brady, he just has to be Alex Smith.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Real McCoy said:

I see about 250 and 2 TDS with 1 pick.

I'm really curious to see if the running game goes up if the opposing D respects the pass?

I think they're going to be caught flat footed by the pass a bit, considering everything they know about the Bills is a Tyrod led team. If we hit a few more guys in stride, get more yac, and start getting some chunk plays, you'll see them generally scrambling - which is all McCoy needs. If Peterman exploits the pass, Shady's best days as a Bill are ahead of him.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

I see about 250 and 2 TDS with 1 pick.

I'm really curious to see if the running game goes up if the opposing D respects the pass?

I would expect the rushing yards to go up just based on the Chargers having the worst rushing defense (by yards per game) in the league.  2nd worst by yards over all. 6th worst at giving up 20+ yard runs and worst at giving up 40+ yard runs.

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

I would expect the rushing yards to go up just based on the Chargers having the worst rushing defense (by yards per game) in the league.  2nd worst by yards over all. 6th worst at giving up 20+ yard runs and worst at giving up 40+ yard runs.

I was thinking that as well but Lynn knows McCoy all to well and realizes he alone can rip a D apart. SO, with the Lynn and McCoy relationship and a rookie QB in his first start I can see 8 in the box all day as well. 

Will be a very interesting Sunday. It could be a huge game for Peterman and our WR core.

36 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I'm gonna be overly optimistic and say 275 with two tds and 1 interception. 

I realize this is a bit unrealistic, but also think he will take some deep shots and connect, which will pad his numbers a bit. 

I don't think that's too overly optimistic ... IMHO, that's about what one should expect from ANY starting NFL QB on a game to game basis. Keep in mind Peterson will actually throw to his wide receivers more than his running backs. the 275 yards MAY be a little heavy considering this will be Peterman's first NFL start so I'm expecting the nerves to show up a bit at the beginning of the first quarter causing some overthrows, so somewhere in the 250ish area may be a better guess, but I think 275 is attainable.