What (do you think) Peterman's stats are this week?

Steptide

10 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

I was thinking that as well but Lynn knows McCoy all to well and realizes he alone can rip a D apart. SO, with the Lynn and McCoy relationship and a rookie QB in his first start I can see 8 in the box all day as well. 

Will be a very interesting Sunday. It could be a huge game for Peterman and our WR core.

Lets hope so!

This whole situation reminds me of when the cowboys benched Bledsoe for Romo. A veteran who had already reached his potential and a guy who'd never started a game. I realize comparing Bledsoe to Tyrod and Peterman to Romo is apples and oranges, but it just reminds me of that. Cowboys wernt out of the playoffs at that point either 

54 minutes ago, Steptide said:

This whole situation reminds me of when the cowboys benched Bledsoe for Romo. A veteran who had already reached his potential and a guy who'd never started a game. I realize comparing Bledsoe to Tyrod and Peterman to Romo is apples and oranges, but it just reminds me of that. Cowboys wernt out of the playoffs at that point either 

Funny you should say that as I've been thinking the same thing all day.

9 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

For reference, here's what the Chargers allowed this season against some pretty good QBs:

Carson Wentz 17-31 242 yards 1 TD 0 INT

Alex Smith 16-21 155 yards 2 TD 0 INT

Derek Carr 21-30 171 yards 1 TD 2 INT

Tom Brady 32-47 333 yards 1 TD 0 INT

What were the rushing stats in those games though? 

9 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The Chargers haven't allowed more than 26 points in any single game despite playing against teams such as the Eagles, Chiefs, and Patriots.  Be ready Nate!

http://www.chargers.com/schedule

4 minutes ago, Steptide said:

What were the rushing stats in those games though? 

Look it up for your own edification.

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

As I suspected, alot of rush yards in those games. Eagles put up over 200 yards rushing. All the other games you mentioned had 120 yards or more rushing. 

I'm not in anyway overlooking the Chargers. I think they're much better than their record indicates. But the passing yards against them could be a little deceiving 

the only stat I want to see 

WIN  

yes I know its not a stat.  Its a result. 

10 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

For reference, here's what the Chargers allowed this season against some pretty good QBs:

So, your measuring stick is comparing the rookie Nate to actual and possible NFL MVP's?    (I believe Wentz is in MVP talks this season. was Carr an MVP nominee? that would make it all 4)

I too would like to know the rushing stats of those games 

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

that is a sad response.  especially from a guy more than willing to post graphics of stats. 

58 minutes ago, Steptide said:

As I suspected, alot of rush yards in those games. Eagles put up over 200 yards rushing. All the other games you mentioned had 120 yards or more rushing. 

I'm not in anyway overlooking the Chargers. I think they're much better than their record indicates. But the passing yards against them could be a little deceiving 

Thank you for the info.   (though I suspect that you already knew the answer) 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

10 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I'd take an Alex Smith type day. Its only his 1st start. 

I think he'll:

- Pat the ball < 10 times (total)

- Move aimlessly in a gradually collapsing pocket < 3 times

- Sit by himself on the bench while staring at the game instead of sitting with a coach & evaluating the previous series - 0 times

- 'Scramble' aimlessly out of bounds for a 1 yard gain - 0 times

2 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

I'd take an Alex Smith type day. Its only his 1st start. 

Hard to know what to expect with little to no playing experience, but I'd temper any expectations for a big passing day. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz