Worthy released for Coleman

Dablitzkrieg

10 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Never heard one before. Not bad Steve.
not good either though.

I liked Coleman. Guess the Bills wanted to go after something else for awhile.
Gotta expand the portfolio. anyone see worthy's stats so far?
Bad fit? Bad player? He had some decent reviews here at some point i think.

I think the Bills should consider moving on from  A Washington at some point

I know.

Knee jerk reaction is what you are thinking ?

Sounds like they missed wildly on the evaluation of what they had at DT outside of Dareus. You'd have to assume that if they would have know what was in store they would have kept him at least until the end of the season. Now they're grasping at straws to replace the exact same player that they got rid of.

Edited by vincec

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Dabney Coleman aka Buffalo Bill?  Coleman the butler from "Trading Places"?

He was great on House of Cards

14 minutes ago, vincec said:

Just so I’m clear on the timeline:

They trade their run stuffing DT, get flatten by two teams in the running game, declare at the subsequent press conference that they don’t miss Dareus’s run stopping ability, and then pick up a new run stuffing DT off the junk pile the very next day. Is that correct?

Yes but he’s a cheaper tub of goo who might be on time for meetings, sober and no sailor hat. Maybe. :ph34r:

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

And they'll still be paying Dareus next year.

They had cap space before the trade... it was an unnecessary hole to put on the team. All in the name of process. 

Notice everyone one of the Bills players that didn't fit the "process" are playing for teams on their way to the playoffs?

Maybe trading Dareus had to do with freeing up cap space, but trading him in the middle of a season when you are trying to make a playoff run was simply about not liking his attitude.

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Maybe the Bills should check their philosophy then.... like I said, EVERY Bills player that wasn't good enough for the process is now on a team going to the playoffs. What does that tell you?

It tells you absolutely nothing. Every current Bills player is on a team that's slotted for a playoff spot. 

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Maybe the Bills should check their philosophy then.... like I said, EVERY Bills player that wasn't good enough for the process is now on a team going to the playoffs. What does that tell you?

I am pretty sure you had them at 2-14 in late August.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea Jacksonville is really kicking themselves for making the trade.

Thanks for the 6th rounder suckers!

Jacksonville also has negative cap room next year. Malik jackson, calais, and marcel are all making over 10 mil a year. They got a lot of young talent that is gonna have to be resigned but no money to do it

Just now, ScottLaw said:

How do you figure? As of now it looks stupid for the Bills and great for the Jags considering where the team was at when they made the trade and where both teams are now.

Ah yes.... I forgot about process...

Good for the Bills because it frees a lot of cap space by letting go of a player who has provided very poor value. Good for Jags because they don't have to take on all of that cap for a player that has shown dominance during his career and is still under 30.

2 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

This is the front office's self admission that trading 99 was a mistake.

99 didn't want to be here and was highly overpaid for his production.  Why keep him around??  He wasn't playing much anyway.  Not worth the money.