Worthy released for Coleman

Dablitzkrieg

On 11/15/2017 at 12:22 PM, ScottLaw said:

Dude they got a friggin 6th rounder for him... who exactly do you think they are going to draft with that pick? 

Ill take a a wild guess... that player won't be in the same ball park as Dareus talent wise.... but as long as he buys in on the process while the team racks up the Ls.??

Um, did I argue that a 6th rounder would be in the same ball park as Dareus talent wise? But Dareus' contract - way way out of line for his current value - made him very hard to trade. I didn't say they'd get a great player with that 6th. I said the new guys valued draft picks. And just to remind you, you can sometimes get a terrific 6th rounder occasionally. Tom Brady comes to mind. 

In any case, if you judge Dareus' talent by what he's done this year, not only has he not lived up to his salary or draft position, I'm not sure he played up to Jerel Worthy's salary. He wasn't playing well under this regime. And there's no way to know if he ever would have. 

They got rid of him as a salary dump and to clean up the locker room. But it's not like he was playing well. He was playing decent.

And feel free to talk about racking up the Ls if they're still doing it in a couple of years. They never looked like they'd be good this year. They got some wins early but it's not as if they played a tough slate to get them. Dareus wasn't the reason for those wins, not even close. He didn't even play that much. Guy played 122 defensive snaps, 22% of total defensive snaps. Anyone who thinks Dareus being missing is the reason the defense is suddenly bad ought to purchase a clue somewhere. It had an effect, but wasn't even close to the whole reason, which probably had quite a bit to do with coming up against an actual great offense and having our offense unable to hold onto the ball and get some rest for the D, and being figured out, as well as just not being as good as they looked.

Edited by Thurman#1

On 11/14/2017 at 10:22 PM, ScottLaw said:

Dude they got a friggin 6th rounder for him... who exactly do you think they are going to draft with that pick? 

Ill take a a wild guess... that player won't be in the same ball park as Dareus talent wise.... but as long as he buys in on the process while the team racks up the Ls.??

You're a buffoon.

The 6th rounder is looking very likely like a 5th fwiw. And they don’t need to use the pick in the 5th. They can trade it for a player or package it to move up in the draft. 

The conditions for a 5th as I understand them are the Jags need to make the playoffs and Dareus needs to be on the roster the whole season.

Edited by YoloinOhio