Worthy released for Coleman

Dablitzkrieg

Just now, dave mcbride said:

My takeaway: his four-year career of bouncing from practice squad to practice squad with a bevy of cuts along the way suggests that he sucks. Scroll down: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deandre_Coleman.

We are not going to pick up pro bowlers this time of the season....I think McD saw running backs running full speed through our interior DL while guys like Washington and Worthy got pushed out of gaps and made a move

it was a smart one

6 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

My takeaway: his four-year career of bouncing from practice squad to practice squad with a bevy of cuts along the way suggests that he sucks. Scroll down: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deandre_Coleman.

Ahh, but that's only a suggestion of suckitude. Which is a major upgrade over proven suckitude. Onward, Bills!

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

I'm sad that Dareus never lived up to his potential here...The man could have been a HOF DT if he had the fire of a Warren Sapp, because he had equal or better talent.

But I'm excited for this guy Coleman. He had better suit up this week.

Excited?  Really? 

IF he can literally just occupy space in the middle and not get shove aside he will be an improvement.

I would try to find another guy just like him and put them next to each other. A half ton of fun at DT would go a long way.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Excited?  Really? 

I admit that it's kind of sad...

But I love 340+ pound DTs. Some people love backup QBs who make a few nice throws in garbage time. I love me some spacehogs

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

James Harrison got released by like 10 teams including Buffalo, before he became a beast of a player. This guy might become our new Pat Williams lol.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

Its only a mistake if you think the goal is only this season.

...yup, he's SOLELY responsible for surrendering 500 yds rushing despite only being available for <40% of the snaps principally due to injury...makes PERFECT sense..........

12 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

IF he can literally just occupy space in the middle and not get shove aside he will be an improvement.

I would try to find another guy just like him and put them next to each other. A half ton of fun at DT would go a long way.

I admit that it's kind of sad...

But I love 340+ pound DTs. Some people love backup QBs who make a few nice throws in garbage time. I love me some spacehogs

I have to admit the same. Love the immovable objects. I might think so would  linebacker #52 after last week?

you rotate in the penetrators as needed.
Force the run outside.

Seems to work against us pretty well

7 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

James Harrison got released by like 10 teams including Buffalo, before he became a beast of a player. This guy might become our new Pat Williams lol.

Washington and Williams in a four men leaning forward alignment

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I have to admit the same. Love the immovable objects. I might think so would  linebacker #52 after last week?

you rotate in the penetrators as needed.
Force the run outside.

Seems to work against us pretty well

...have to admit....probably one of THE funniest lines I've heard about this club in 55 years was when Tasker described Dickey Jauron's lightweight defense as, "like bugs on your windshield".............

Just so I’m clear on the timeline:

They trade their run stuffing DT, get flatten by two teams in the running game, declare at the subsequent press conference that they don’t miss Dareus’s run stopping ability, and then pick up a new run stuffing DT off the junk pile the very next day. Is that correct?

Edited by vincec

3 minutes ago, vincec said:

They trade their run stuffing DT, get flatten by two teams in the running game, declare at the subsequent press conference that they don’t miss Dareus’s Run stopping ability, and then pick up a new run stuffing DT off the junk pile. Is that correct?

He was supposedly a bubble player in the preseason. I dont remember him so it never happened.

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...have to admit....probably one of THE funniest lines I've heard about this club in 55 years was when Tasker described Dickey Jauron's lightweight defense as, "like bugs on your windshield".............

Never heard one before. Not bad Steve.
not good either though.

I liked Coleman. Guess the Bills wanted to go after something else for awhile.
Gotta expand the portfolio. anyone see worthy's stats so far?
Bad fit? Bad player? He had some decent reviews here at some point i think.

I think the Bills should consider moving on from  A Washington at some point

4 minutes ago, vincec said:

They trade their run stuffing DT, get flatten by two teams in the running game, declare at the subsequent press conference that they don’t miss Dareus’s run stopping ability, and then pick up a new run stuffing DT off the junk pile. Is that correct?

I know.

Knee jerk reaction is what you are thinking ?

Whatchyou talkin' about Willis.....I ain't no Buffalo Bill....

Signed, Gary Coleman from the afterlife

So Coach doesn't blame the poor run D on Dareus being gone but part of solving the problem is signing a large D Tackle....just frickin own the decision  -- Dareus was traded because he was a refer smoking lazy ass bastage in the opinion of the staff and the front office.  Its a huge loss for the short term that won't be addressed until the offseason.  

Edited by JoeF