Phillip Rivers enters concussion protocol

24 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

I recall the Bills/Giants strike game in '87.  I think it was a 6-3 thriller.  Hard to beat that. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/197412010buf.htm This baby was even better in '74 played in a hurricane. 6-0 and 19 total FDs. A combined 328 yards.

21 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/197412010buf.htm This baby was even better in '74 played in a hurricane. 6-0 and 19 total FDs. A combined 328 yards.

I was at that game and the Giants game. Almost got blow out of the stadium walking through the concourse. My mother broke her ankle walking into the stadium. Made it through the whole game. Tough lady!

49 minutes ago, Augie said:

UGH! I hadn’t thought of THAT! 

I was going to say I’m glad he self reported. Smart move. Most people would say his gazillion dollars is enough to last forever, even with a gazillion kids. Be smart, know all their names by the time they get out of high school. 

Or keep it simple and call them all George like Foreman did. Helps if your own name is George too.

1 hour ago, horned dogs said:

Holy fork a 9-3 team???  what the hell was that like???

I think football gods took pity on us and took Rivers out of that game as a handicap. BUT DOES US NO GOOD FAM! WE NEED HIGH DRAFT PICKS!!!

3 hours ago, Yeezus said:

Its monday...

Rivers is arguably the toughest QB in the NFL. Its a must win game for them. he's playing. 

Rivers will play and most likely drop 300 yards and 3 tds on us. But only if the Chargers don’t run for 200+ yards which wouldn’t be a shock either. 

The fact he reported it himself doesn't bode well for him playing in 6 days. Especially with their season pretty much over.. But if we play like we did the last 2 weeks, it won't matter. 

Wth happened to this team? Does anyone have any serious explanation?? They were playing solid , if not very good football for 7 weeks, nothing flukey about their wins, played extremely close in 2 losses, then to perform like this, is pretty baffling to me

12 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

The fact he reported it himself doesn't bode well for him playing in 6 days. Especially with their season pretty much over.. But if we play like we did the last 2 weeks, it won't matter. 

Wth happened to this team? Does anyone have any serious explanation?? They were playing solid , if not very good football for 7 weeks, nothing flukey about their wins, played extremely close in 2 losses, then to perform like this, is pretty baffling to me

I will preface this by saying I didn’t see the Saints game - I have it on Dvr but really don’t care to watch it now and I clearly know what happened from discussion after. Only thing I can think of is that the Thursday game was out of character because many road teams look different on TNF. Then yesterday the Saints were just that much better and clicking on all cylinders as they appear to be one of the top 2-3 teams in the league. But I still don’t really think that’s all of it. I thought it was a 7-9 maybe 8-8 team before the season and that’s probably what we will be. Never thought it was about this year, but was excited like everyone else when they looked good early on. :(

This would go a huge way to helping us win...Clemens is awful

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I will preface this by saying I didn’t see the Saints game - I have it on Dvr but really don’t care to watch it now and I clearly know what happened from discussion after. Only thing I can think of is that the Thursday game was out of character because many road teams look different on TNF. Then yesterday the Saints were just that much better and clicking on all cylinders as they appear to be one of the top 2-3 teams in the league. But I still don’t really think that’s all of it. I thought it was a 7-9 maybe 8-8 team before the season and that’s probably what we will be. Never thought it was about this year, but was excited like everyone else when they looked good early on. :(

Dude...please don't watch it...remember that game against San Fran last year when we ran for 300 yards and basically did whatever we wanted every play on offense and it worked? Well that was the Saints against us.

Edited by matter2003

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

This would go a huge way to helping us win...Clemens is awful

Dude...please don't watch it...remember that game against San Fran when we ran for 300 yards and basically did whatever we wanted every play on offense and it worked? Well that was the Saints against us.

Is deleting it enough? I might light a fire to the Directv genie just in case...

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Is deleting it enough? I might light a fire to the Directv genie just in case...

Lol...I won't advocate lighting a fire to it, but if there was one game that deserved it, it would be this one...and to make things worse, the offense might have been worse than the defense...if that is possible...before Taylor left with 4 minutes to go in the 4th quarter the Bills had 4 total first downs for the game, 133 yards of offense, and 0 first downs in the entire second half...

Edited by matter2003

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Are you watching the Dolphins/Panthers game?

We were worse then Miami's defense has been in the second half and worse on offense. Our DL put up one of the worse performances I've seen in NFL history, it was absolutely unbearable. Definitely set fire, gasoline, and hopes up in flames