Mike Zimmer to name starting QB

CommonCents

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000876609/article/mike-zimmer-to-name-vikes-starting-qb-on-wednesday

This is why so many teams suck, it starts at the top. If he benches Keenum the owner should be cleaning out his office during practice. Ride the hot hand. Teddy freaking Bridgewater doesn't need the red carpet rolled out upon return. 

What you are doing is working. More so than I remember with Teddy. 

Shouldn't have even been a debate, letting it go this far could put doubt in Keenum's mind. 

Teddy's return is a good story, I get it. It doesn't mean the coach should be entertaining this decision. Teddy screaming on the sideline on Sunday and putting on his helmet after the slow start is what opened my eyes to how stupid Zimmer is.

Your team is rolling. If Keenum goes ice coke and costs you a few games Bridgewater will be ready. Don't force a move and STOP the distraction. Bad coach. This is why they won't win in the playoffs. Bad coaching.

7 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000876609/article/mike-zimmer-to-name-vikes-starting-qb-on-wednesday

This is why so many teams suck, it starts at the top. If he benches Keenum the owner should be cleaning out his office during practice. Ride the hot hand. Teddy freaking Bridgewater doesn't need the red carpet rolled out upon return. 

What you are doing is working. More so than I remember with Teddy. 

...purely asinine.....Keenum is a major surprise....and is doing a fine job which nobody expected......as you said, ride the hot hand....what's to decide?.....

Bridgewater maybe the most over hyped young QB ever.  29 games, 28 passing TDs (4 rushing), 21 ints, 6150 yards.  87 rating.

Those aren't even TT numbers.

And who believes that leg is ready for the NFL?

If they don't keep Keenum going then Coach Z should be fired.

No doubt Keenum will start. Zimmer has to put on the little kabuki theater. "A starter never loses his job due to injury." "We had a process to decide if Teddy is ready." "Teddy has made remarkable progress; a lot of people thought he'd miss the entire year." "Teddy hasn't had the opportunity to work himself into starting QB game shape, but we'd feel comfortable if the situation arises where we have to hand the ball to him."  And it all ends with ... "Right now, Case gives us our best opportunity to win while Teddy continues on the long path back."

Living in Houston and watching Case play at UofH, I've followed his career. He's a good quarterback and a definite starter in these league. The Vikings and Zimmer would be idiots to pull him. Hell, to even entertain the idea is asinine. I actually had hoped Buffalo would have pursued Case in the off season. He's much better than TT.

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

No doubt Keenum will start. Zimmer has to put on the little kabuki theater. "A starter never loses his job due to injury." "We had a process to decide if Teddy is ready." "Teddy has made remarkable progress; a lot of people thought he'd miss the entire year." "Teddy hasn't had the opportunity to work himself into starting QB game shape, but we'd feel comfortable if the situation arises where we have to hand the ball to him."  And it all ends with ... "Right now, Case gives us our best opportunity to win while Teddy continues on the long path back."

I expect that but even letting it get this far is a bad job by the head coach. Protect the guys winning you games, stand up for Keenum and put it to bed.

Zimmer is a dummy, if he announces a change it wouldn't shock me.

I think we would all be begging for a "hot hand" in Buffalo these days.

Imagine the utter nonsense of having 2 semi-decent QB's to choose from, when some teams can barely, and i mean barely find one...........and some, none at all.

I'll let you guys decide where we fit in here.

4 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

I expect that but even letting it get this far is a bad job by the head coach. Protect the guys winning you games, stand up for Keenum and put it to bed.

Zimmer is a dummy, if he announces a change it wouldn't shock me.

No way. He's just got to justify departing from some kind of "you don't lose your job because of an injury" rule.

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

No way. He's just got to justify departing from some kind of "you don't lose your job because of an injury" rule.

He could and should have done that when TB returned to the active roster. "We are glad to have Teddy back he isn't 100 percent yet but he is getting close, we are going to have him work behind Case and get up to speed"

Instead his failure to squash if starts a QB controversy. TB put his helmet on Sunday after Keenum had a rough start. 

All signs of a bad coach.

Keenum has literally saved their season and this is what he gets?  This is like Flutie and Johnson but before the playoffs...this would be one of the most boneheaded decisions I've ever seen...Keenum has been playing very well and they have been winning games. Why would you change what is working?

That will be 33-24 Mike Zimmer through 3 and a half years in a division with the Packers and with a revolving door at Quarterback?  He is a good football coach, always has been.  Had to wait too long for his shot IMO.  Agree he should stick with Keenum at this stage but I absolutely understand the desire to know whether Teddy can still play.  All 3 Quarterbacks there are FAs after the season.  They have a nice lead in their division and they need to know who to pay come the offseason.  I think he would be wrong to make the switch now but at some point he needs to get Teddy on the field.