The playoffs - actually within reach

dave mcbride

3 hours ago, Steptide said:

After yesterday I lost all hope of playoffs. I'm afraid the Chargers may destroy us this Sunday. Maybe not as bad as the saints, but I can see a 27-13 loss this week. I've lost all confidence in Taylor 

It all depends. Chargers are no saints. However if they don't quickly fix run defense, they aren't going to win another game. No modern NFL team should ever allow 24 consecutive runs. I would expect a college defense to have been that bad v the saints. 

3 hours ago, Bangarang said:

It’s that time of the year again where the Bills are still mathematically in the playoff picture but their play on the field tells us not to get our hopes up.

They are the sixth seed right now. They are capable of beating this Chargers team Miami and the Colts at home.

1 minute ago, PABillsfan23 said:

Can’t wait for the threads to start when we are officially out of it that Buffalo has to win the last game or two to have momentum for 2018

Chargers without Rivers, Miami and the Colts could be enough to make the second WC in a bad AFC. I suggest you root for these wins instead of hoping for losses.

Just now, JM2009 said:

They are the sixth seed right now. They are capable of beating this Chargers team Miami and the Colts at home.

capable maybe, but can they?

throw the 3-6 record out, I believe Lynn will have his team motivated. something McD hasn't been doing a lot of here the last two weeks with having his ass handed to him. growing pains, yeah okay coach, lets hope so. I know it was some kind of pain watching that mess the last two games.

sorry, the last two games have really soured me. 

not looking like 10-6 is now in the realm of possibility. they can only lose two more. I shake my head knowing they'll lose more than two in this 7 game stretch.

it's a real B word and getting way beyond old to be saying "there's always next year" in the second week of november. see what losing like that will do to some, even those who try to have at least the slightest bit of optimism.

not give up yet. don't win sunday, forget about it.

Just now, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

capable maybe, but can they?

throw the 3-6 record out, I believe Lynn will have his team motivated. something McD hasn't been doing a lot of here the last two weeks with having his ass handed to him. growing pains, yeah okay coach, lets hope so. I know it was some kind of pain watching that mess the last two games.

sorry, the last two games have really soured me. 

not looking like 10-6 is now in the realm of possibility. they can only lose two more. I shake my head knowing they'll lose more than two in this 7 game stretch.

it's a real B word and getting way beyond old to be saying "there's always next year" in the second week of november. see what losing like that will do to some, even those who try to have at least the slightest bit of optimism.

not give up yet. don't win sunday, forget about it.

I think 9-7 would be enough for the final spot. Even 8-8.The AFC is bad this season. Rivers may not play.

Who would think that we would be a full game clear of everyone and all alone in the 6th spot going into week 11? My god, if we could ever just get this right we might have a real shot. I don’t care if we lose 55-0 in the wildcard game, just make the playoffs. End this streak, get the dark cloud off of the franchise and give the fans something to be excited for. This team needs to just get in and anything after that doesn’t even matter.

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus

All the scenarios for making the playoffs seem to be falling into our lap. 

The problem is... the Bills still have to win at least 4 more games this season.

There are still 4 games against teams with losing records.  But at this point, I'm not sure the Bills stand a chance against any of them (and that includes the Colts).

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

I can't shake the feeling that we're going to see a Jax/Buf wildcard game... Probably the Saturday nighter.

How much fun would that be?

Jax is far more talented, but since Bortles turns it over with such regularity, it might actually turn out to be a game given the Bills' ability to ballhawk.

Just now, dave mcbride said:

Jax is far more talented, but since Bortles turns it over with such regularity, it might actually turn out to be a game given the Bills' ability to ballhawk.

Right! All the storylines though... St. Doug... Dareus... two long struggling teams

If not Jax it could be our old pal Mularkey in TEN.

One way or the other, it's the Bills vs a head coach who quit his job here. That's insane.

Either way I give the Bills a decent shot of winning either game and getting to the AFC final 4. That's crazy based on how things have gone recently.

20 hours ago, Best Player Available said:

IDK, slipping in the backdoor as a wildcard. And then go somewhere like KC and get thrashed 47-3. IMO I would rather see 18 years, than the pain of getting demolished on the road. Because this team will not host a WC game. 

Sorry but this is just stupid. Making the playoffs is making the playoffs it removes an enormous weight off the franchise the moment it happens and you and everyone else on here would find a way to get excited because that is what we do as fans.

Had the drought have been broken even five years ago the focus of the franchise would've been far better at the big picture and there is no denying that the drought has forced the Bills to rush and make decision in the name of breaking the streak not building to win it all.

19 hours ago, matter2003 said:

With the way the rest of the AFC teams are playing behind us, we might actually back into the playoffs...I don't ever remember the rest of the conference being this bad collectively...

they could get in at 6-10? that would be hilarious

6 hours ago, Albwan said:

they could get in at 6-10? that would be hilarious

They arent going to finish 6-10.  Lets not pretend that they are going to play every game the rest of the season like they have the last two weeks.

Edited by matter2003

On 11/14/2017 at 7:55 AM, stuvian said:

after watching the mediocre Saints RBs run all over us I'd rather see us address our shortcomings rather than prolong any delusions that a one and done playoff appearance would bring

The Saints have a very good offense with very good RBs who have helped Brees out tremendously. This isn't the 2011 Saints offense this year. They are a running team. 

That's no defense of 298 (!) yards rushing but let's not demean them. 

Edited by BeginnersMind