Wallow In Misery If You Must, I’ll Tip My Hat to the Saints

K-9

2 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

When?

This is about as bad is it gets other than a couple Pats games many years ago. So Cause you said no one should vent right?

When? How far back do you want to go? The disaster QB year in ‘68? The Stephenson years? The 56-10 drubbing on national tv to the Pats? In 2012 we gave up 1200 yards in back to back games between Pats and 49ers. 

I get that that it’s sucks but fan bases tend to forget the other team has good players, too, and that’s worth remembering, imo.

Just now, Haslett_Stomp said:

I've seen some pretty poor games over the years but this one ranks up with the best of them.  Flashback to the Kay Stevenson era.

Yeah, it’s up there for sure.

6 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Exactly. Even the most blind homers can't possibly still be sipping koolaid when it comes to this team.

Like I said, even some of the worst teams in NFL history have had better showings at home against SB caliber teams even if their final record only reflected 2 or 3 wins.

If 'The Process' is for real there needs to be wholesale changes made starting next week in LA. Bench the bums who don't care and start all rookies and backups if you have to if anything to send a message.

The Bills are one of those teams that had a worse squad than today’s team that stomped on a SB champ at home. I like the irony.

16 minutes ago, K-9 said:

When? How far back do you want to go? The disaster QB year in ‘68? The Stephenson years? The 56-10 drubbing on national tv to the Pats? In 2012 we gave up 1200 yards in back to back games between Pats and 49ers. 

I get that that it’s sucks but fan bases tend to forget the other team has good players, too, and that’s worth remembering, imo.

Call it what you want K-9. The last 2 weeks are easily a couple of the worst games in the entire playoff drought. This game was basically 47-3 with the only glimmer of anything good being our backup QB during a 2 min stretch. This game easily is in the top 5 worst games during the drought for me. We got our asses 100% handed to us. The Saints and their fans know this, should we declare them Super bowl champs. Should I kiss Drew's mole or feet?

!@#$ the Saints

Edited by Real McCoy

I don’t know man. I’m usually pretty optimistic but this game crushed me. The defense has been worse than Rex’s ever was the past 2 games. Culture change is great but scheme is more important. I’m hoping it’s just a major talent deficiency that is causing this, it’s not like Whaley ever bothered to address our LBs in the draft and I think they’re really killing us on defense. Offense I genuinely believe is coaching. Teams like the Rams are running modern multi faced NFL offenses and Rick Dennison for some reason loves Mike Tolbert runs up the middle. There’s so much wrong with the team and no quick fix.

2 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Call it what you want K-9. The last 2 weeks are easily a couple of the worst games in the entire playoff drought. This game was basically 47-3 with the only glimmer of anything good being our backup QB during a 2 min stretch. This game easily is in the top 5 worst games during the drought for me. We got our asses 100% handed to us. The Saints and their fan know this, should we declare them super bowl champs. Should I kiss Drew's mole or feet?

!@#$ the Saints

Call it what I want? I’m calling it the same thing you are. A complete and total a$$kicking by a superior team. 

It’s all about the response, how we get off the mat.

Question: would the fans wallowing in self pity about their team tolerate the team itself doing the same thing? Ironically, that is gonna be McD’s biggest challenge because this team is primed to do just that at the moment. 

This two-week stretch is the stuff that can end a season... At this point there's some great film on us, and the myriad of ways we beat ourselves game after game... I hate to break it to you, but the formula ain't a secret anymore.... 1. We can't protect the QB... 2. We can't stop the run. 3. We can't generate a passrush 4. Offense can't pass it's way out of paper bag... This could be it... Unless some successful personnel changes take place real soon.

13 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

Well you're basically saying stop complaining and move on.

How could we not complain after that disgraceful performance at home?

No, I'm basically saying that we act like the Saints had nothing to do with getting trounced; that it was all about our own team's failures and nothing about the Saints' superiority. We need to remember the other teams have great players, too, and it's ok to tip your hat to the other team instead of whining about how bad we are on a given day. 

And we have no choice but to move on. 

12 hours ago, #34fan said:

This two-week stretch is the stuff that can end a season... At this point there's some great film on us, and the myriad of ways we beat ourselves game after game... I hate to break it to you, but the formula ain't a secret anymore.... 1. We can't protect the QB... 2. We can't stop the run. 3. We can't generate a passrush 4. Offense can't pass it's way out of paper bag... This could be it... Unless some successful personnel changes take place real soon.

That appears to be the case. 

The Saints are good.  No doubt.  Someone here told you all in pre-season that they would be....... not that I felt much like gloating about that during that hammering yesterday.  

I tipped them to make the playoffs and win a playoff game.... I'm now ready to go further.  The New Orleans Saints will win the NFC.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Let’s spend the next week tipping our hat to the Saints instead of discussing what’s wrong with the team. Show the world how classy we are.

Watching the previous 8 games of the year, do you believe the Saints game is indicative of the team we are? 

Do you believe that what was wrong with this team during the Saints game is been the norm for whats wrong with yhis tesm throughout the previous 8 games?

1 hour ago, Bill_with_it said:

Watching the previous 8 games of the year, do you believe the Saints game is indicative of the team we are? 

Do you believe that what was wrong with this team during the Saints game is been the norm for whats wrong with yhis tesm throughout the previous 8 games?

We overachieved likely due to a much softer schedule the first half of the season and relied heavily on turnover differential to win games. Can’t really count on having that many turnovers with the stretch of QBs we will face to start the 2nd half of the year. I anticipated a mediocre team and a 7 win season this year.

15 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

First game I missed all season. I had to attend a funeral (no not the Bills funeral).  I have it on Dvr but I think I’ll pass ?. On to the LA Galaxy, errr Chargers.

So now we know who’s to blame for the loss. Hopefully you get your priorities straighted out before we play the chargers. 

16 hours ago, K-9 said:

What a bunch of whiney wusses around here. “Fire McBeane”, “Tyrod Sucks”, “Dareus Would Have Stopped Them” Yada, yada, yada. Enough already. Do the classy thing and tip your hat to a clearly better team that whipped our collective a$$es today. 

On to San Diego. 

You got most of it right.   A lot of silly whining, with one exception ... Taylor IS part of the problem. 

15 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

First game I missed all season. I had to attend a funeral (no not the Bills funeral).  I have it on Dvr but I think I’ll pass ?. On to the LA Galaxy, errr Chargers.

Sorry to hear that.   Just fast forward to the middle of the 4th QTR to see a passing QB.  

Nothing I love more than when an OP pretends to take an imaginary high road.

How is the weather up on that pedestal?

You are a much better fan than the rest of us, lol.

Ps- it can be both. The saints had a great game, and Tyrod sucks, and Dennison called a bad game, and maybe Dareus would have helped. They are not mutually exclusive.

59 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

We overachieved likely due to a much softer schedule the first half of the season and relied heavily on turnover differential to win games. Can’t really count on having that many turnovers with the stretch of QBs we will face to start the 2nd half of the year. I anticipated a mediocre team and a 7 win season this year.

I asked if you thought that adter qatching any of the previous 8 games yesterday was indicativebof their performance? We lost yesterday because we couldnt stop the run. Did our teams past 8 game performance gave you an inclination that this was something that would pop its head up?

Edited by Bill_with_it

21 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

Nothing I love more than when an OP pretends to take an imaginary high road.

How is the weather up on that pedestal?

You are a much better fan than the rest of us, lol.

Ps- it can be both. The saints had a great game, and Tyrod sucks, and Dennison called a bad game, and maybe Dareus would have helped. They are not mutually exclusive.

The high road is not imaginary in the least. Something to aspire to. That doesn't make me better than anyone else; as if one's fan "quality" can be measured in the first place. 

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The Saints are good.  No doubt.  Someone here told you all in pre-season that they would be....... not that I felt much like gloating about that during that hammering yesterday.  

I tipped them to make the playoffs and win a playoff game.... I'm now ready to go further.  The New Orleans Saints will win the NFC.  

Let's not forget about the Eagles...they look legit....

47 minutes ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

They got totally outclassed by a team that might be the best in football at the moment. Saints dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides. Best team weve played so far by alot. Hope they get to the Superbowl and kick NEs a$$.

I wouldn't bet on it...NE beat them in their precious dome..and that was when NE was having issues with their defense....

Edited by Iron Maiden

17 hours ago, K-9 said:

What a bunch of whiney wusses around here. “Fire McBeane”, “Tyrod Sucks”, “Dareus Would Have Stopped Them” Yada, yada, yada. Enough already. Do the classy thing and tip your hat to a clearly better team that whipped our collective a$$es today. 

On to San Diego. 

Why are you whining about the fans negative reaction after one of the worst quit-jobs in Bills history?   And the second consecutive embarrassingly awful effort at that.   Suck it up buttercup.:doh:

Bills had it coming, and it was pumped up by people on here proclaiming a Super Bowl  in the most obnoxious pinhead fashion

but jeez, I can hope my gloating neighbour gets taken down a peg or two, but I don't want the commuter train to hit him at 90 mph and leave one of his legs half a mile away from the point of impact

1 hour ago, Bill_with_it said:

I asked if you thought that adter qatching any of the previous 8 games yesterday was indicativebof their performance? We lost yesterday because we couldnt stop the run. Did our teams past 8 game performance gave you an inclination that this was something that would pop its head up?

We lost yesterday for many reasons, one of which was our inability to stop the run. Considering the Jets ran all over us in the last game it was obviously something to look out for yesterday. Are you looking for a specific answer from me or something? Am I supposed to believe that this team is above getting run all over?

In my first post game post, I did credit the Saints for a good game, but one team playing a good game does not fully account for a contest as lopsided as we saw on Sunday.  That required extreme ineptitude on the part of the losing team.  I try to be level headed in my reaction to bad games and I don't try to tell coaches how to do their job, but at some point some significant changes have to take place if the Bills are to have any hope of breaking the playoff drought.  I'm not talking this year necessarily.  I'm talking about breaking the playoff drought ever.

47 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Why are you whining about the fans negative reaction after one of the worst quit-jobs in Bills history?   And the second consecutive embarrassingly awful effort at that.   Suck it up buttercup.:doh:

LOL! 

14 minutes ago, K-9 said:

LOL! 

Exactly!:lol:

Whining about whining.   Then telling people to tip THEIR hats..........is pretentiousness classy?:lol:

There was no real way to FORCEFULLY make the point you wanted because what you are choosing to do........overlook the Bills role in their humiliation and tip your hat to the opponent........is a personal decision.   And suspect at that........6 rushing TD's.......300 yards on the ground......24 straight run plays at one point.......nobody is anywhere near THAT good in the NFL.

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Exactly!:lol:

Whining about whining.   Then telling people to tip THEIR hats..........is pretentiousness classy?:lol:

There was no real way to FORCEFULLY make the point you wanted because what you are choosing to do........overlook the Bills role in their humiliation and tip your hat to the opponent........is a personal decision.   And suspect at that........6 rushing TD's.......300 yards on the ground......24 straight run plays at one point.......nobody is anywhere near THAT good in the NFL.

Perhaps I was wrong to use the terms "whiney" and "wusses" and for that I apologize to forum readers whose sensitivities prevented the true intent of my post to sink in. 

I offer this only as free mental health advice, nothing more, as I wonder what the volume of cortisol released in WNY after a Bills loss amounts to. When you are so thoroughly outclassed on the football field or in any other field for that matter, I think it's beneath us as a species to forget to tip your hat to the other guy and instead harp on all the negative and often wasteful other reasons. And I'm not talking about the true "discussion" that happens, either; it's the incessant finger pointing about things totally out of our control and the inevitable sniping that occurs as a result. 

There is no litmus test for one's level of dedication as a fan nor can one's passion for their favorite team(s) be measured by vitriol towards the opponent(s). It's just better on the psyche to offer respect to the other guy, that's all. It isn't hard to do and is much easier on the mind. 

giphy.gif

The Saints yesterday showed they are exactly the type of team I hope the Bills can become someday under this McD/Beane era.   They can run the ball down your throat, smash-mouth O-line, and can certainly pass effectively anytime they want to.  In addition they play stout defense.  What's not to like?!?   I suspect the Saints are not quite as dominant and the Bills not quite as inept as we saw yesterday....but it was a far enough gap that even if Buffalo played their A game, we still would've lost by 17 easily.     I feel like the Bills got complacent knowing it was on their home field.  Like they just needed to show up and they'd play better.  WRONG.