“Tyrod is our starter.”

McBean

I'm actually not surprised by him saying this right off the bat but pretty sure behind closed doors there is going to be serious discussion this week especially when they see the tape of a guy checking down and running out of bounds ala Trent Edwards down multiple scores. I've tried to give Taylor the benefit of the doubt but he is simply a very limited player and even the first drive when we could have got a TD he made two horrendous throws nowhere close to Benjamin.

Also even if Taylor starts next week in LA don't be surprised if he's on a very short leash. Only reason they would keep Taylor locked in as starter the rest of the season is if they changed their mind again and want a top 10 draft pick.

40 minutes ago, JPP said:

I do like McD (compared to our past coaches) but this is expected from him.....he has no cajounes at all...he never did....he is the most conservative coach i think around......I do think they may give peterman some time with the 1st team this week though

I don't think teams spend time splitting first team reps with QBs. You have to make a decision and stick with it.

29 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

He isnt making a change until Bills are out of the playoffs. Which really will be with a loss Next week actually. 

But they will wait until mathmatically eliminated 

Why throw away the season? To sooth Taylor's ego? The 2017 season is still there for this team, the AFC sucks, this team is going to need to score a lot of points in games, Taylor is clearly not going to be around next year.

Benching Taylor is the logical decision. There is literally no good reason to start him again, unless Peterman got hurt.

Edited by 1billsfan

7 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

Why throw away the season? To sooth Taylor's ego? The 2017 season is still there for this team, the AFC sucks, this team is going to need to score a lot of points in games, Taylor is clearly not going to be around next year.

Benching Taylor is the logical decision. There is literally no good reason to start him again, unless Peterman got hurt.

The Conservative Coach is not going to change his QB when they still are 6th seed. It isn’t happening 

even if it probably should

Now put up a loss against SD and throw for 125 and junk then yes he will be benched 

Edited by MAJBobby

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

The Conservative Coach is not going to change his QB when they still are 6th seed. It isn’t happening 

He really is the second coming of Dick Jauron then. This loss was so bad, Taylor was so bad, that you have to realize that benching him and starting Peterman is the only chance you have of saving the season. If you don't expect Taylor to be your QB next year, then there's no choice of not doing it right now.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

He really is the second coming of Dick Jauron then. This loss was so bad, Taylor was so bad, that you have to realize that benching him and starting Peterman is the only chance you have of saving the season. If you don't expect Taylor to be your QB next year, then there's no choice of not doing it right now.

Not going to happen until they are out of the playoffs 

So our new HC is set on keeping the old fired HCs QB as the starter? Sounds like the same ending is going to happen IMO.

Didn't Chan stay head strong with Fitz? My god man what is up with these HCs wanting to get fired over not good enough QBs?

But but he is my QB, but but YOUR FIRED

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Hopefully he's just setting up the Chargers to game plan for TT.

Yes, brilliant move if so. The Tyrod expierment has taken a turn for the worst. I'm officially on the Peterman train. So tired of seeing check down, dancing all around and holding on to the ball and taking QB sacks. Not throwing to open WRs. Need a spark and I think Peterman can get the ball out in time even with a shaky Oline.

23 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Is it just me, or does Peterman just look like such a better quarterback? I mean all the fundamentals you have to have to be an NFL qb, like height, throwing guys open, seeing the field etc. Man I'm so over Taylor 

It's not just you... Even Ronde Barber said, "that's how you do it". He was commenting on Peterman setting his back foot and releasing the ball on time.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

He’s just another conservative HC who is going to play it safe, punt a lot and preach about running the ball

I fear this is correct.  I’ve seen little to make me think he’s a bold or innovative football mind.  The ra ra stuff wears thin very quickly in this league.

13 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

So our new HC is set on keeping the old fired HCs QB as the starter? Sounds like the same ending is going to happen IMO.

Didn't Chan stay head strong with Fitz? My god man what is up with these HCs wanting to get fired over not good enough QBs?

But but he is my QB, but but YOUR FIRED

They got rid of just about everyone from the last regime, so why not move on from Taylor as well. It's surley about that time for a QB change

• Like (+1) 1

Anyone acting like they wouldn’t make a change at qb because it could throw away the season...we are throwing away the season by keeping the qb the same. Tyrod sucks. Other teams know all they have to do is stack the box and take away the run. Tyrod can’t or won’t even try to make them pay for loaded boxes. You want to save the season? Start Peterman now. Don’t wait until the year is over.

26 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Is it just me, or does Peterman just look like such a better quarterback? I mean all the fundamentals you have to have to be an NFL qb, like height, throwing guys open, seeing the field etc. Man I'm so over Taylor 

I️ thought the same thing today.

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don’t care if Tyrod throws every pass straight into the hands of a defender next week. Let Peterman learn from the bench. I’ve liked Peterman since before we drafted him but I would like the Bills just once to develop a QB properly.

I would like the Bills to just once make the playoffs. I think Peterman is going to have to compete with whoever we bring in next year anyways, so he might never get a handle to develop the way you want.