Which teams should we root for !!

Cygnus99

NY Jets at Tampa  GO BUCKS ! Not sure what will happen there 

New England at Denver GO BRONCOS ! Well it the Patriots hoping for a miracle 

Miami at Carolina GO PANTHERS ! That is good possible outcome  

Pit at Indy GO COLTS ! Not happening  Colts are bad 

L.A Chargers at Jax GO CHARGERS ! Jax is hot don't think gonna happen 

Cin At Tennessee GO BENGALS ! which Bengals team will show up ? 

the rest of the games not a factor as far as I know but would like to see a Philly loss 

Imagine if the above does happen ( which we all want of course ) and a Bills win . We will be in a very position GO BILLS ! 

Can't see SD beating Jacksonville, I think they run away with that division. Not sure I'd want the Bengals winning since they would own the tiebreaker over us, the Titans will probably get 2 more losses from Jacksonville and LA, but outside of that, their schedule is fairly weak competition wise.

39 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Can't see SD beating Jacksonville, I think they run away with that division. Not sure I'd want the Bengals winning since they would own the tiebreaker over us, the Titans will probably get 2 more losses from Jacksonville and LA, but outside of that, their schedule is fairly weak competition wise.

San Diego has been much better lately and the Jags have been so inconsistent.  

• First, I want to see the Jests and Carp get mauled and left bleeding.  Unless they're playing NE, I hate those teams more than any others.  That they're playing NFC teams this week is even better: absolutely no dilemmas.
  • Denver can beat NE if it can but I just don't see it.  I'll be happy if they pull it off but I'm not holding my breath on that one. 
  • I think Pitt at Indy is irrelevant because the Stillers are going to win the AFCN barring an injury to Roethlisberger.  Even then, they likely limp into the division title because Cinci and Baltimore simply aren't good enough this season.
  • Jax needs to beat the Chargers to drop them to 3-6 and kill any hope they have of making the playoffs.  More importantly, Jax currently holds the tie-breaker of conference win percentage over the Bills in the WC race, so if they take command of the AFCS, that's less WC competition for the Bills.
  • Cinci has 5 losses and Tennessee has only 3.  So, if they put a licking on the Titans, it's all good for the Bills. I think that's more likely than it might seem if Cinci shows up.  I've watched a few Titans' games, and I haven't been impressed.
  • For good measure, the Texans travel to LA to take on the Chargers.  On the theory that any AFC loss to an NFC team is good for the Bills, GO Chargers!

Ravens, Chiefs, and Raiders have byes.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SoTier said:
  • First, I want to see the Jests and Carp get mauled and left bleeding.  Unless they're playing NE, I hate those teams more than any others.  That they're playing NFC teams this week is even better: absolutely no dilemmas.
  • Denver can beat NE if it can but I just don't see it.  I'll be happy if they pull it off but I'm not holding my breath on that one. 
  • I think Pitt at Indy is irrelevant because the Stillers are going to win the AFCN barring an injury to Roethlisberger.  Even then, they likely limp into the division title because Cinci and Baltimore simply aren't good enough this season.
  • Jax needs to beat the Chargers to drop them to 3-6 and kill any hope they have of making the playoffs.  More importantly, Jax currently holds the tie-breaker of conference win percentage over the Bills in the WC race, so if they take command of the AFCS, that's less WC competition for the Bills.
  • Cinci has 5 losses and Tennessee has only 3.  So, if they put a licking on the Titans, it's all good for the Bills. I think that's more likely than it might seem if Cinci shows up.  I've watched a few Titans' games, and I haven't been impressed.
  • For good measure, the Texans travel to LA to take on the Chargers.  On the theory that any AFC loss to an NFC team is good for the Bills, GO Chargers!

Great breakdown.  Just one correction, Texans travel to LA to play the Rams..good stuff though and agree on all.

I think we want Jacksonville to beat LAC. That puts them at 6 losses, and 1 more from us next week would put them out of our sights (having tiebreaker if we're both 9-7). On the other hand, JAX is looking like they'll take that division. A loss for them here doesn't do much for us.

Also, I think we should root for TEN to beat CIN. Either JAX or TEN is going to be the other wildcard, in my opinion. We need CIN out of the picture as they have the tiebreaker on us, which means at least 7, probably 8 losses.

Edited by theAteam

4 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

3 hours ago, Billzgobowlin said:

San Diego has been much better lately and the Jags have been so inconsistent.  

I doubt San Diego wins any games at all.

7 hours ago, SoTier said:

Good breakdown and I agree across the board (except the Chargers Rams snafu)

38 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

How cool would it be to have McVay as OC and Wade as DC.

McVay is the youngest HC but I don't know if Wade is the oldest DC or the second oldest behind Dick LeBeau.

Okay .. it's not even close. Dick is 80 years, 61 days (born 1937) and Wade is a youngster at 70 years 141 days (born 1947).  Still cool though.

13 hours ago, SoTier said:

McVay is the youngest HC but I don't know if Wade is the oldest DC or the second oldest behind Dick LeBeau.

Okay .. it's not even close. Dick is 80 years, 61 days (born 1937) and Wade is a youngster at 70 years 141 days (born 1947).  Still cool though.

I've always hoped Wade would come back some day but it seems he is not a fit schematically with McD.

19 hours ago, theAteam said:

I think we want Jacksonville to beat LAC. That puts them at 6 losses, and 1 more from us next week would put them out of our sights (having tiebreaker if we're both 9-7). On the other hand, JAX is looking like they'll take that division. A loss for them here doesn't do much for us.

Also, I think we should root for TEN to beat CIN. Either JAX or TEN is going to be the other wildcard, in my opinion. We need CIN out of the picture as they have the tiebreaker on us, which means at least 7, probably 8 losses.

Agree. It's almost time to stop looking at the AFC South teams given they have two beat up, injured divisional opponents playing backup QBs the rest of the way and they both still get Arizona (another backup QB) and the winless 49ers.  One gets in as division winner and the other is a wildcard.  

The rivals are the Ravens and Benglas and the Raiders and Chargers and technically the Dolphins too but I doubt that one personally.  The Ravens are by far the biggest of those threats in my opinion given their schedule the rest of the way.  But Jax and Ten killing off LAC and CIN at this stage helps us.  

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree. It's almost time to stop looking at the AFC South teams given they have two beat up, injured divisional opponents playing backup QBs the rest of the way and they both still get Arizona (another backup QB) and the winless 49ers.  One gets in as division winner and the other is a wildcard.  

The rivals are the Ravens and Benglas and the Raiders and Chargers and technically the Dolphins too but I doubt that one personally.  The Ravens are by far the biggest of those threats in my opinion given their schedule the rest of the way.  But Jax and Ten killing off LAC and CIN at this stage helps us.  

My thoughts exactly.  Baltimore has played well enough to chalk up 9-10 wins if they ever got their act together and started playing consistently.  They don't seem to have a lot of the issues that have plagued several AFC teams that looked like potential playoff teams before the season like QB issues/injuries and crappy coaching.   I think Miami is the poster child for those teams, not only losing its QB in preseason but also seeming to have a HC who appears ready to implode.

Edited by SoTier

1 minute ago, SoTier said:

My thoughts exactly.  Baltimore has played well enough to chalk up 9-10 wins if they ever got their act together and started playing consistently.  They don't seem to have a lot of the issues that have plagued several AFC teams that looked like potential playoff teams before the season like QB issues/injuries and crappy coaching.   I think Miami is the poster child for those teams, not only losing its QB in preseason but also seeming to have a HC who appears ready to implode.

The one thing I can guarantee you about the Ravens is they will be well coached.  John Harbaugh is the 2nd best coach in the league in my mind.  Their Achilles heel is talent on offense.  They don't have much.... so there will be a game somewhere against a good D where they just look awful. I think 8-8 is their worst outcome....... if they get to 9-7 then in a lot scenarios they seem to hold the tiebreaker over us :(

On 11/9/2017 at 4:57 AM, Cygnus99 said:

NY Jets at Tampa  GO BUCKS ! Not sure what will happen there 

New England at Denver GO BRONCOS ! Well it the Patriots hoping for a miracle 

Miami at Carolina GO PANTHERS ! That is good possible outcome  

Pit at Indy GO COLTS ! Not happening  Colts are bad 

L.A Chargers at Jax GO CHARGERS ! Jax is hot don't think gonna happen 

Cin At Tennessee GO BENGALS ! which Bengals team will show up ? 

the rest of the games not a factor as far as I know but would like to see a Philly loss 

Imagine if the above does happen ( which we all want of course ) and a Bills win . We will be in a very position GO BILLS ! 

-NY Jets at TB....Go TB....who knows maybe Shitpatrick will get fired up for this one but if the yets win i still dont think they will sniff a WC spot

-Would like the Broncos to beat NE of course but not a snowball chance in hell...unless they take out Brock and put in an injured Lynch who would likely do better

-Carolina will wipe the floor up with the fish 

-Jax vs LAC....never know.....could be a good bounce back game for LAC but i too see Jax winning their division

-Cinci v Tenn...Go Cinci,,,,win one before your next string of loses

It will be interesting to see what happens...at this time we want our team to win consistantly but will have to hope loses elsewhere in league benefits us.....

On 11/9/2017 at 7:22 AM, CSBill said:

I don't see San Diego ever winning another game, this season, or beyond

:lol:

Regardless of venue, if the Chargers win a game but there’s no one there to witness it, does it count in the standings?

I would still enjoy the Bengals being dismantled as well as the Texans.

We also need the win after all is said and done it's a league of numbers. (forget the bs that just because they are NFC it's less important)

JUST WIN BABY!!!