Bills make a statement after embarrassing showing in Primetime

JerseyBills

IMHO ....

I really think the #6 seed for the play-offs goes to a team with a 9-7 record.

That being said, we have to go 4-4 for the rest of the season however there are some games more important than others. The N.O. game is probably the LEAST important game the Bills will play the rest of the season, with the most important being the Chargers and Dolphins (X2) in that order. I think that #6 spot is going to come between us and the Ravens.

The bottom line is that I'm not getting my hopes up for the N.O. game ... of course as a Bills fan I'd LOVE to win it, but winning it won't get me overly excited for our play-off chances, and losing it will not bring me to the depths of despair. I will NOT expect a win nor a loss, I'll just watch the game for pure excitement and look for the Bills to fight tooth and nail with a purpose until the final gun no matter what the outcome.

What had me bummed about our last game was the lack of intensity, the lack of purpose, the lack of urgency that the team had displayed up until last Thursday, I want to see that rekindled in the players for the remainder of the schedule.

9 hours ago, billspro said:

I think they will respond well too. Getting Gaines back is huge, our secondary has locked things down when he is in the lineup. Clay and Benjamin will open things up for Shady, I think he will bounce back with a big game as well. My gut is telling me the Bills will have a huge game on Sunday and have a signature win. 

I hope we are both right. 

Getting Gaines back is huge as well as Poyer having 10 days to rest that knee. I hope their outstanding play when all together on the field continues. We will certainly need it. I also hope this is the game where we see Humber, Brown, and Milano on the field together. Lorax could be the pass coverage liability that they look to with Kamara all day long if not. The LB's performance will play the largest of roles in the W or the L. Hopefully Frazier and McDermott have something in store for Brees and Payton. 

10 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I'm going beyond the X's and O's here,  I just believe this team is made up of the right kind of guys , guys with alot of heart , pride and honor.

They experienced their first beat down of the year , with the world watching. I personally attribute that loss to mainly playing on Thursday,but there's no excuses , it counts the same on their record.

I feel this team took that beat down personally and respond in a huge way versus the red hot Saints. Being at home, getting Clay/Benjamin, possibly Gaines back helps, but either way I'm extremely confident this team responds in a big way.

I expect a 10+ point victory, I believe in these coaches as well, and I just feel we will be the hungrier team that will want the W more than N.O...

As for the X's and O's, I love our matchups. I view this alot like Atlanta, except I expect the run game to be much more dominant. A win will certainly get the bad taste out of our mouths after the Thursday night beat down, we defend our dirt and out play N.O imo.. By the fourth I think we'll be comfortably ahead.

Thoughts? Do you guys feel we we're exposed by NYJ? I don't . Their offense in the elements, outdoors is not the same as the cozy done they are used to.

I'm glad you're confident the team "responds in a big way."  By why do you expect a 10+ point victory?  Why wouldn't the Saints also 'respond in a big way'?    Why wouldn't they be just as hungry? 

The Saints are 6-2 and determinedly fighting, as we are, for a playoff spot.  This game is just as important to them as it is to us.  So it comes down to coaching and talent.  

I agree the Bills will rebound and show themselves as a very solid team.  I expect a W but we'll see.  They really gotta clean up the penalties and turnovers after last Thursday's debacle. 

The Saints are decent but not the juggernaut that 6-2 would suggest.  In their last 3 they have handled Brett Hundley, Mitch Trubisky and a messed up Winston/Fitz combo.  I'm not dissing them but I'm actually surprised the Saints are favored in Orchard Park.  We shall see. 

It would take 1000 years of no playoffs to break this guys spirit. Saints are very good, we have very awful matchups in this game. Injured secondary, no pass rush, and our O-line is a mess.

Not to mention we still aren't a real NFL passing team.

10 point saints win, the drought is old enough to smoke. Please prove me wrong Bills. Please.

I was confused by the thread title as well, thinking the Bills said or did something to make a statement. But thinking in the context of the thread title,

the statement that they did make was playing for 60 minutes on Thursday. That game was out-of-hand by the 4th quarter, the team was flat and playing

poorly. I've seen many teams just give up at that point, but the Bills kept battling, scoring points, getting the onside kick, etc. They didn't quit even though

they were playing poorly and the game was in essence over. I know because I sat in my seat at the Meadowlands until the very last play...still cheering

every positive play. Never say die!

This team will bounce back this week...and even a close win over the Saints would be a statement game at this point in the season because of how

the Saints have been playing and because of how our last game went.

10 hours ago, Shotgunner said:

Fake news.

Bills have made no statement, contrary to the thread title.

Just another clickbait headline.

No, the OP just isn't that bright and didn't express his thought for the thread very well in words.

You see a lot of that sort of thing around here.

45 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

It would take 1000 years of no playoffs to break this guys spirit. Saints are very good, we have very awful matchups in this game. Injured secondary, no pass rush, and our O-line is a mess.

Not to mention we still aren't a real NFL passing team.

10 point saints win, the drought is old enough to smoke. Please prove me wrong Bills. Please.

Lol. I'm just confident in this 2017 Bills team. Like many on here, I don't correlate past teams with this current team. They have nothing in common, other than the jerseys and helmets..

I disagree about matchups. We should run all over them and we add 2 playmaking receiving threats, so it makes the preparation for N.O that much more difficult. There is very little tape of Clay/Matthews/Jones, now we have Benjamin as well, very unpredictable on offense. 

I agree on pass rush , have to get much better there, but secondary  , possibly one injured CB isn't a disaster

Also, everyone was predicting big losses when we were 1-1 and 3-2, we bounced back nicely,and I expect the same this Sunday

16 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

No, the OP just isn't that bright and didn't express his thought for the thread very well in words.

You see a lot of that sort of thing around here.

Lmao.

You guys are nit-picking at thread titles on a message board! Lmao Your lives must be amazing.. Jesus, there are some miserable folks on here, but I'll keep it moving

Edited by JerseyBills

7 hours ago, Marty McFly said:

Its a statement game after the last loss that shows us how this staff and roster react but beating the chargers is more important this year.

Why are so many fans looking ahead to this Charger game. They be as many Bills fans there  as Bolt fans. Let's just focus on Brees.

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Tolbert is brought in to provide a spark but plays like a book of wet matches.

Yeah.  He does the trick on occasion, just not as flashy as the backups we’ve had in the past.  Giving him 2 carries on successive plays makes me ill.  Would love to grab deangelo Williams if he’s still available and in shape. He’d be a nice compliment to these guys.  McDermott must know eachother from Carolina, which makes me think that there’s no chance we sign him at this point if he hasn’t already.  McBeane just doesn’t want him.  Was hoping my boy Joe Banyard would get at least a couple carries to see what he can do, but he’s on the road again.

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah.  He does the trick on occasion, just not as flashy as the backups we’ve had in the past.  Giving him 2 carries on successive plays makes me ill.  Would love to grab deangelo Williams if he’s still available and in shape. He’d be a nice compliment to these guys.  McDermott must know eachother from Carolina, which makes me think that there’s no chance we sign him at this point if he hasn’t already.  McBeane just doesn’t want him.  Was hoping my boy Joe Banyard would get at least a couple carries to see what he can do, but he’s on the road again.

The play-calls to Tolbert in the Jet game were insane. What was Dennison thinking?

18 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

The play-calls to Tolbert in the Jet game were insane. What was Dennison thinking?

It’s my opinion that we were really confidant in our running game and the game plan was to pound it down their throats.  Tough to do when the jets bring the house on every play.  Should’ve gone shotgun runs imo.  Spread em out.  Hopefully we see some of that this week.

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

It’s my opinion that we were really confidant in our running game and the game plan was to pound it down their throats.  Tough to do when the jets bring the house on every play.  Should’ve gone shotgun runs imo.  Spread em out.  Hopefully we see some of that this week.

Yep and yep. He really had no answers and seemed to be calling the same plays that didnt work, especially in the run game. Although tough to blame Dennison when it seemed like very few of them were ready to play.

I have no idea how they'll play. I bet they'll try hard and be well prepared, but sometimes that isn't enough.

I have some hopes, but we'll all have to wait and see what happens. Nobody knows.

I'm heavily pulling for the Bills and watching this game closely. If the Bills win, the Saints lose, and Panthers win on Monday Night, that means we leap the Saints for 1st place in the division. 

Is your defense good enough to stop Drew Brees? Panthers have the #1 defense in average yards allowed, #5 Total Defense, #4 rush defense, and #2 in totals sacks, and Breezus still shat all over them . Good luck bros.