Bills make a statement after embarrassing showing in Primetime

JerseyBills

54 minutes ago, PantherBill said:

I'm heavily pulling for the Bills and watching this game closely. If the Bills win, the Saints lose, and Panthers win on Monday Night, that means we leap the Saints for 1st place in the division. 

Is your defense good enough to stop Drew Brees? Panthers have the #1 defense in average yards allowed, #5 Total Defense, #4 rush defense, and #2 in totals sacks, and Breezus still shat all over them . Good luck bros. 

I remember watching what the Saints did in Carolina right after our game against them when we mustered 3 total points. At first I thought the Panthers defense might not be that great after all but in hindsight they certainly have been very good considering how great the Saints have also been in recent weeks.

Saints also shut out the Dolphins 20-0 on the road (even though it was not a true home game for the Dolphins) which was very impressive against a playoff team.

This is why I'm truly concerned at what they are going to do to a team like the Bills who have been plagued with very consistent play on offense all year, especially when it comes to the oline, QB and rushing attack.

10 hours ago, mjt328 said:

It wouldn't surprise me at all.  I could very much see them having a big win Sunday.

The Bills are coming off their worst loss of the year.  The Saints are probably due for a letdown.  The Bills are at home in the cold, where they seem to be playing much better.  The Saints are a dome team playing out in the cold.  It looks like a good combination of circumstances.

The real question is whether the Bills are ready for the "long haul" and can play at a high level for the next 8 games.

If they want to make the playoffs, they need to match the results from their first half.  They probably need to go 5-3.  Against a much tougher schedule.  The Bills played exactly one team with a winning schedule (Panthers) and lost that game.  They have four games against teams with winning schedules (Patriots 2x, Chiefs, Saints) in the second half.  They absolutely MUST beat at least one of those teams, and then run the table against everyone else.  If the Bills go 4-4 or less, they will need to get wins against the right teams and hope for lots of help elsewhere.

9-7 may be enough this year.

This team has far exceeded what I thought they were capable of already, losing to the Jets hurt real bad but losing to the Saints wouldn't be a crusher for me, I expect it, they finally have a defense to go along with Drew Brees, they should beat us. Of course I hope they don't but there is a great possibility that they do.

Optimistic take - Bills rebound and play well. Defense gets pressure, forces turnovers. Offense is effective, the pass game sets up the run and we sustain drives. Bills win. 6-3. Confidence is back, and maybe with KB and a healthy Clay plus Thompson and an emerging Zay, they can be significantly better throwing the ball.

Pessimistic take - Bills rebound and play well. But they turn the ball over and get holding penalties at the worst time, killing drives. They fight hard but lose a close game. Now 5-4, the Bills do their usual stumble into a collapse for the second half of the season.

7 hours ago, LA Grant said:

Optimistic take - Bills rebound and play well. Defense gets pressure, forces turnovers. Offense is effective, the pass game sets up the run and we sustain drives. Bills win. 6-3. Confidence is back, and maybe with KB and a healthy Clay plus Thompson and an emerging Zay, they can be significantly better throwing the ball.

Pessimistic take - Bills rebound and play well. But they turn the ball over and get holding penalties at the worst time, killing drives. They fight hard but lose a close game. Now 5-4, the Bills do their usual stumble into a collapse for the second half of the season.

Both are legitimately possible. I feel our 2 biggest strengths are the rushing attack- Saints giving up 4.7 ypc. We gotta be consistent on the ground and we have been at home all year.

Second is Saints actually have committed at least 2 turnovers in their last 4 games, they have as many in their last 3 games (6), as we have all year. Again, we've been especially dominant at causing turnovers at home. They aren't used to playing in this type of weather and this plays into our hands, gotta win the t.o Battle..

7 minutes ago, Idandria said:

The Bills aren't ready for prime time, sadly.

They definitely crapped the bed. I still think Thursday,on the road ,and a rookie HC , were our biggest problem. But no excuses. 

Thursday's are a joke though, sadly. Another week, more players saying how terrible it is to play on such little rest. The injuries last night were brutal, at least we got out that game unscathed. I think that will be by far our worse showing of the year

Even the cheating slime had a clunker week 1 at home when they were celebrating their SB title and ended up getting curb stomped at home in the season opener with everyone watching. Brady said after the game the team didn't play with any fire and everyone came out flat and uninspired.

So it happens to every team, even the SB winners with Brady at the helm.

A young Bills team that is trying to find its way can certainly slip into a bad game on a short week. I think they will be OK.

Run game is going to have to be on point to try to keep Brees off the field.  Our offense can't keep up with NO's offense so controlling the ball is going to be crucial. Brees can and will pick apart the zone we run and sustain drives all the way to the endzone... He has a pair of RBs to help him in the red zone so bend but don't break may not happen for our D down there. IF our D can get a few takeaways the offense needs to capitalize and score TDs not FGs. It's going to be a tough game but I think the Bills can win it.  Alot needs to go right though there's no room for mistakes if you want to beat the Saints.  They are too potent on offense for that... Let's hope the weather in the land of chill and our drunken rowdy fans can give us an edge.