Kelvin Benjamin putting in time

Buffalo716

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Wise move to save Dave and Busters for another time. You hate to blow it all out in one night then be done....

Excuse me sir but you seriously can't be forgetting the mcdonalds play place 

Edited by Buffalo716

7 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

I've seen Taylor throw it up a few times.  The throw to Hunter in the Titans game is a good example.  I think trust and a demonstrated ability will go a long way.  If KB looks like a ball catching monster and you just throw it near him I think Taylor will develop a trust throwing him a contested pass.  I'm hoping we finally have someone who doesn't get out muscled on slants and can actually make a back shoulder catch.  We've seen some pretty routine drops and a lot of difficult drops.  It would be nice to see someone catch everything.

I think you meant the Jaguars game.  I hope you're right that Taylor takes more chances and they develop a chemistry because we badly need a deep threat and a red zone target.

9 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

I've seen Taylor throw it up a few times.  The throw to Hunter in the Titans game is a good example.  I think trust and a demonstrated ability will go a long way.  If KB looks like a ball catching monster and you just throw it near him I think Taylor will develop a trust throwing him a contested pass.  I'm hoping we finally have someone who doesn't get out muscled on slants and can actually make a back shoulder catch.  We've seen some pretty routine drops and a lot of difficult drops.  It would be nice to see someone catch everything.

then you will be pissed at KB then....he is nothing more than a glorified TE    last year he did come in to training camp at 280    talking about a gem.......

15 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I don't put too much credence in judging our o-line based on a road TNF game.  The Bills O-line didn't match the Jet's D-line's intensity.   It was the reverse in week 1.  I'm not overly concerned about our pass protection.

well you should 

12 minutes ago, JM57 said:

Are you sure it was Gilmore and not Darby? I remember being at that game and Darby looking like absolute garbage

As far as I recall Funchess inflicted much of the abuse in Darby that day.  But Benjamin might have joined the funny beating Gilmore, too.

13 minutes ago, JM57 said:

Are you sure it was Gilmore and not Darby? I remember being at that game and Darby looking like absolute garbage

It was Gilmore.    Gilmore had him covered but lost interest, as he had a tendency to do, and Benjamin separated at the last split second and house-called him.

47 minutes ago, liverpoolkev said:

then you will be pissed at KB then....he is nothing more than a glorified TE    last year he did come in to training camp at 280    talking about a gem.......

well you should 

Who cares about about training camp with the Panthers a year and s half ago?

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

My concern with Tyrod as quarterback is he's reluctant to throw the ball unless the receiver is clearly open.  He needs to trust Benjamin to win those 50/50 balls.  I like the acquisition of Benjamin because now Tyrod has no excuses and whether we move on from him or not will be decided in the next eight games.

I know I've heard a million people make this point and it drives me up a wall!  Take a minute and consider who he's had to throw to this season. Damn straight he was reluctant to throw it.  Give Taylor a chance to get in sync with KB. He'll be flinging passes his way all day. And any he doesn't throw will be going to Charles Clay.

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Kelvin Benjamin was offered by head coach Sean McDermott to go home for a few days and pack up before coming back to buffalo 

instead the veteran wide receiver thought it would be wise to put in time with Buffalos WR coach

Benjamin said it's time to hold himself to a higher standard

We have just secured the perfect west coast receiver for our offense. Not to mention that he is also a deep threat who can go up and over you for the ball

Heres to a new half of the season!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/2017/11/6/16612762/buffalo-bills-receiver-kelvin-benjamin-impressing-field-process-sean-mcdermott-trade-deadline

Awesome news!

He definitely is a perfect fit for the O, and can get down field and win those 50/50 matchups.. Very excited to see him in lineup. With Zay potentially coming out of his slump and Matthews going to the slot where he belongs, this is going to be a totally new look, Shady will benefit big time too!

Oh and Clay should be back as well.. He was looking phenomenal in this scheme, Gaines back on D. Definitely going to be an exciting 2nd half, I believe that Jet game was an anomaly

18 minutes ago, Doc said:

Who cares about about training camp with the Panthers a year and s half ago?

He also bears a strong resemblance to Minnie Driver.........with better hair extensions.

The past is the past.......Minnie dropped the weight and so did KB!  

How do you like them apples?

The Kelvin Benjamin trade was a parting gift from Carolina to McDermott and Beane. A 3rd round pick for a proven commodity and to top it off, I don't think KB has even scratched the surface as far as potential is concerned. He goes to a team with players and management that he is familiar with so he should be up to speed quick. He knows he is wanted here by everyone in the building and the best part is, he has potential, a great attitude, he wants to be here and he's buying in.

• Like (+1) 1

Benjamin is 6'5", 240lbs, and has an 83" wingspan. On top of that he still managed to run a 4.53 40 time. Not only is he a deep threat, but he has a catch radius of about 13 ft. That's like giving Tyrod a Chevy Silverado to throw the ball at. :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Kelvin Benjamin was offered by head coach Sean McDermott to go home for a few days and pack up before coming back to buffalo 

instead the veteran wide receiver thought it would be wise to put in time with Buffalos WR coach

Benjamin said it's time to hold himself to a higher standard

We have just secured the perfect west coast receiver for our offense. Not to mention that he is also a deep threat who can go up and over you for the ball

Heres to a new half of the season!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/2017/11/6/16612762/buffalo-bills-receiver-kelvin-benjamin-impressing-field-process-sean-mcdermott-trade-deadline

Work ethic, determination, and practice; love the Sean and Brandon era thus far.

43 minutes ago, H2o said:

Benjamin is 6'5", 240lbs, and has an 83" wingspan. On top of that he still managed to run a 4.53 40 time. Not only is he a deep threat, but he has a catch radius of about 13 ft. That's like giving Tyrod a Chevy Silverado to throw the ball at. :thumbsup:

He's a big dude alright. I don't regard a 4.53 time as fast. At his size, he'll be slow off the line, but he's long strider, so his straight ahead speed will build. Also, being that big, I doubt he's a shifty route runner. 

Still, I think he'll be a great addition. 'you know what i'm sayin'

Edited by I_want_2_BILL_Lieve

1 minute ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Great to see that KB is putting in word and buying into the process.

Wish we got him sooner though because not sure I see a major impact right away and we really needed the over this brutal stretch of games during the next month.

The rest of our schedule is a cakewalk. 4 free wins in December and a slightly more difficult opponent in the Colts.