Week 10: Saints' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced with Gaines Out

32 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

right? lol

I also don't know why he would seem to care when in another thread he just recently said we don't have a shot even if everyone is healthy.

Which is why you can only laugh at him. You can't take him seriously.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Good to know, but that wasn't initially posted hence my concern.

No need to freak out.

We definitely have a shot but this is a true separation sunday matchup and the better team almost always wins regardless of venue. And the better team is certainly the Saints in just about every area including coaching, QB, defense, running game, etc.

How can you follow your NE team when you are on here trolling all the time?

40 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

This is not 100% accurate

Thanks for the informative post.   What was not 100% accurate?   I said there's a reason he doesn't start.   That's 100% accurate.  There IS a reason.   I don't know and you don't know what it is, but there IS a reason.

You actually think there's NO reason he doesn't start.   You think that for the past 20 weeks the coaches NEVER discussed who should start at right guard?  NEVER talked about it?   

I think you need to explain yourself.  

3 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Thanks for the informative post.   What was not 100% accurate?   I said there's a reason he doesn't start.   That's 100% accurate.  There IS a reason.   I don't know and you don't know what it is, but there IS a reason.

You actually think there's NO reason he doesn't start.   You think that for the past 20 weeks the coaches NEVER discussed who should start at right guard?  NEVER talked about it?   

I think you need to explain yourself.  

i agree with you here but don't you wonder even the slightest how we saw him finish the season so solid at center last year that he couldn't be even a slight upgrade at RG.... I just wonder if they value his depth and versatility slightly more than his small upgrade at rg. I dunno. just spit balling. 

16hmdg6.jpg

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS (6-2) at BUFFALO BILLS (5-3) (Sunday, FOX, 1:00 PM ET)

• The Saints, who defeated Tampa Bay 30-10 last week, have won six consecutive games and are the third team in the Super Bowl era to win its next six games immediately following an 0-2 start.
  • Rookie running back ALVIN KAMARA had a career-high 152 scrimmage yards (84 receiving, 68 rushing) and scored two touchdowns against the Buccaneers. Kamara is one of only three players (KAREEM HUNT and TODD GURLEY) in the NFL this season with at least 300 rushing yards (311), 300 receiving yards (341) and five touchdowns (five).
  • The Bills are 5-3 at the halfway point and are aiming for their first 10-win season since 1999. Buffalo leads the NFL with a +11 turnover differential (17 takeaways, 6 giveaways) and safety MICAH HYDE ranks second in the league with five interceptions.   
  • Buffalo is 4-0 at home this season and has outscored opponents 111-69 at New Era Field. The Bills have scored at least 20 points in a franchise-record 13 consecutive home games.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

GAME DAY EXPERIENCE INFORMATION: WEEK 10

G9_Gameday_Advisory_Story_Image.jpg

The Buffalo Bills will host the New Orleans Saints at New Era Field on Sunday, Nov. 12. Here’s a full breakdown of what you need to know.

Abbott Road Closing: 8:00 a.m.
Gates Open: 11:30 a.m.
Gate Giveaway: Dog tags (limited quantities available)
Pregame: Salute to Service Ceremony
Player Warm-Ups: 11:55 a.m.
Stampede Performance: 12:45 p.m.
Leader of the Charge: Antowain Smith – Bills alumnus
National Anthem Singer: Christina Bagley - Airman First Class, United States Air Force
Kickoff: 1:00 p.m.
Halftime: Stampede performance

45 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

i agree with you here but don't you wonder even the slightest how we saw him finish the season so solid at center last year that he couldn't be even a slight upgrade at RG.... I just wonder if they value his depth and versatility slightly more than his small upgrade at rg. I dunno. just spit balling. 

I would LOVE to know what is going on here, because Kroy never seems to be a problem when he fills in.   

What underlies what I'm saying is that what goes into these decisions is so far beyond what we actually know that it's hard to question the decision.   For example:

Some coaches have a philosophy that says you have to practice well before you play.   Maybe that's it.

Maybe Kroy doesn't have the footspeed to play the position consistently.  

Maybe when the coaches grade his performance in games he doesn't grade out as well as the guys who play ahead of him. 

Maybe he's in the doghouse for some reason.  

Maybe it's one of ten other things I can't think of.   

I'm sure there's a reason he isn't a starter.   I have enough confidence in the coaches to trust their reasoning.  Yes, I'd love to know the reason, just like I'd like to know their reasons for their decisions at the back-up running back spot.  But no, that isn't the kind of information coaches divulge, because they don't want to give opponents a competitive advantage and because it violates personnel policies.  

Clay looking good for Sunday

Posted by Chris Brown on November 9, 2017 – 3:31 pm

The Bills were without Zay Jones and Cordy Glenn at practice again on Thursday putting their status in question for Sunday’s game against the Saints. But it appears that Charles Clay will make his return to the lineup this week after missing the last three games with a knee injury.

“Yeah he practiced (Thursday) and did some good things,” said head coach Sean McDermott of Clay. “The biggest thing is going to be first week back, how he transitions from (Wednesday) to (Thursday), which I thought was good and then into (Friday). Then going into the game.”

McDermott admits that after a layoff as long as Clay’s that they have to be realistic with his workload.
“We have to keep that in perspective for sure,” he said. “So we’ll just see going forward.”

Limited for a second straight day at practice was CB E.J. Gaines, who is trying to return from a hamstring injury.

“E.J. was out there and did some things,” said McDermott. “We’ll see how he looks going into the weekend.”

As for Glenn and Jones, more will be known when Friday status designations are issued.

“Zay is still day to day. He’s made progress,” McDermott said. “Cordy, same thing, still day to day.”

In semi-related news, a Saints win Sunday is a crucial element in seeing the 49ers eliminated from playoff contention. This would mark the earliest a team has been eliminated since the ‘67 Broncos.

#SaveTheNiners! #BeatNO

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/49ers-could-become-first-team-in-50-years-to-be-eliminated-from-playoffs-this-early/

• Haha (+1) 1

Orchard Park, N.Y. -- The Buffalo Bills could be without two starters when they play against the New Orleans Saints on Sunday. 

Both offensive tackle Cordy Glenn and wide receiver Zay Jones missed practice for a third consecutive day on Thursday. Both are dealing with ankle injuries, while Glenn also has soreness in his foot. At this point, Sean McDermott said both are day-to-day but didn't sound particularly optimistic about their chances for Sunday. He and the team will know more after they practice on Friday. 

Bills coach Sean McDermott, a former defensive coordinator with the Panthers, has plenty of admiration for Drew Brees and the Saints.

Bills defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier talked about what led to the loss against the Jets and preparing for Sunday's matchup against the Saints and Drew Brees.

I️ really like having Cordy but it would’ve been nice to get a 2nd rounder for him if we could’ve. Considering he’s our highest paid player now, iirc (or maybe tyrod) I’d really like to have trust in that highest paid player.  He was dominated last week vs the jets.  That ankle/foot is feeling like a long term injury to me.  Hope I’m wrong, would really hate to see him missing huge chunks of games every year.

Ted Ginn Jr., "They're helping me to get better everyday"  (3:46)

Saints wide receiver Ted Ginn Jr. talks about his comfort level within the offense as the Saints prepare for Sunday's road game vs the Buffalo Bills.

Alvin Kamara, "I'm grateful to be in a position to use my skill set"  (3:43)

Saints running back Alvin Kamara talks about the success the running game has had during the Saints current win streak.

Andrus Peat, "My preparation has helped make me more versatile"  (2:59)

Saints offensive lineman Andrus Peat talks about how his experience over the past few years has allowed him to become more versatile along the offensive line.

Afternoon Wrap for Thursday, November 9  (5:44)

Cindy Robinson and John Deshazier get you up to date on your Saints related news as they prepare for this Sunday's road game vs the Buffalo Bills in this edition of the Afternoon Wrap.

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2017%2F1109%2FFS_DIG_NF

WILL SAINTS BREAK THE ORCHARD PARK WALL?

Buffalo is one of just two teams in the NFL still unbeaten at home this season, but ESPN's FPI gives New Orleans the edge by a dozen percentage points. The Bills have just a 42 percent chance to make the playoffs, and are favored in only two of their final eight games of the season.

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2017%2F1108%2FBillsFPI1

FPI: TOUGH ROAD AHEAD FOR BUFFALO

The Bills' chances to snap the NFL's longest postseason drought dropped by 20 percentage points in ESPN's FPI with last Thursday's loss to the Jets. Worse yet, the Bills aren't favored in any of their next four games.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

NFL Week 10 game picks: Bills snap Saints' streak; 49ers win!!

Can Patrick Peterson's Cardinals stymie the Russell Wilson-led Seahawks on "Thursday Night Football"? Elliot Harrison forecasts every Week 10 game.

Buffalo Bills 23, New Orleans Saints 21

Sunday, 1 p.m. ET, FOX

Tough game to call between two teams that have enjoyed more success than most league observers anticipated in the preseason. The Saints are 6-2, the Bills 5-3. Both of the defenses rank top-10 in points allowed. Those units will be key -- as will turnovers. Tyrod Taylor doesn't turn the ball over much. Drew Brees hasn't of late, after tossing a handful of picks in back-to-back games last month. Thus, I'm not looking for high-flying football at Ralph's House this weekend. Lots of Shady, and heavy doses of Alvin Kamara.

Cool fact: The Saints have won six straight after losing their first two games. In the Super Bowl era, only two other teams have pulled that off: the 2007 Giants and 1993 Cowboys. There is something special about those two teams, but I can't remember what it is ...

Week 10 Spoiler Alert: Bills end Saints' streak; Vikings stumble

Will Blake Bortles and the Jacksonville Jaguars suffer disappointment against the Los Angeles Chargers? Dave Dameshek predicts the score of each Week 10 game.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

11-10: Bills fullback Pat DiMarco with Howard and Jeremy (7:10)

@WGR550
#Bills FB Pat DiMarco joins Howard and Jeremy next on WGR! Tune in:

DiMarco - we have one game each week, and we can only handle that one game. We try to focus on the task at hand and let the rest take care of itself #Bills

DiMarco - Coach McDermott does a good job of laying the law and drilling it in our heads to focus on our one game this week #Bills

DiMarco - every team has one of those games where they don't play well. We've flushed that game against the Jets away and we're ready to move forward #Bills

DiMarco - Benjamin is a stud, a game changer. He's a mixed bag when it comes to a WR. He looks bigger than he is, and has the ball skills to go up and get it #Bills

DiMarco - having Clay back opens things up for us, he's a matchup nightmare for the opposing defense. Having his craft back in the lineup is a huge plus for us. #Bills

DiMarco - having a guy like Benjamin helps us in other areas, especially the run game #Bills

DiMarco - The Saints are a team playing with swagger, confidence right now. They're defensive front is the same, but they're playing much better #Bills

DiMarco - it's huge being home. It's like I'm playing in the SEC for a 3:30pm or 8pm game. We realize what's at hand and we realize the home field advantage. We're excited for the opportunity we have this week #Bills

8 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I really think that this is a good game to be playing more man coverage.

I agree. Brees is gonna get his but we need to make it difficult for everyone else. I wish I had paid more attention to McD's schemes when he played them twice a year. Maybe Kirby or No Saint can add some insight. Then again, Kamara is a new element and has been the key for them this year from what I gather. Anyway, stopping him is my main priority if I'm the DC this week.