Assigning Blame

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We're 5-3 guys, come on. Not 3-5. Was this a game we all wanted and for sure, should've won? Absolutely, nothing ruins my weekend more. 6-2 is no doubt a better place than 5-3 but we're halfway through the season.

What happened last night was a complete turnover differential reversal. This is a good team, but their wins have come from being on the right side of the differential. If the team lacks consistency, the differential can swing at any moment and that's what we saw happen last night. Porous defensive/offensive lines prevented us from establishing an offense, and controlling a line of scrimmage. The team that didn't show up to the beginning didn't show up to the second half either.

I wouldn't get too worked up over this loss until we see how the team responds with a 10 day mini bye and goes up against a tough NO team. I say it every year to my friends who ask me when the Bills start winning if this is the year - I won't make a judgment call on that until week 10.

Terrible loss, but the blame is on the entire team.

Edited by ctk232

We're 5-3 guys, come on. Not 3-5. Was this a game we all wanted and for sure, should've won? Absolutely, nothing ruins my weekend more. 6-2 is no doubt a better place than 5-3 but we're halfway through the season.

I totally agree, when we started the season there were plenty of people that thought we would only have this amount of wins by the end of the season, yet we are there by the halfway mark... one bad game, and oh god was it horrible, doesn't break a season.

And what exactly is that better O line coach going to do with a polished turd?

I don't think any amount of new coaching will be able to stop Ducasse from sucking and consistently getting pushed backwards into the pocket.

I blame Thursday games. One or both teams usually suck. Should be discontinued. Players not recovered fully from the previous Sunday. Little prep for the teams. Bad, bad idea the NFL had trying to milk more money.

Edited by Dante

I blame Thursday games. One or both teams usually suck. Should be discontinued. Players and team not near being physically ready that quickly.

Would you still feel this way if the Bills throttled the Jets last night?

They have the same guys as last year plus a rookie 2nd round pick. They looked good last year. They have looked good the last few weeks. Last night was awful.

Last night was awful. Both this season and last season their pass protection has been inconsistent. They looked good against the Raiders but you never know which Oline is going to show up.

Last night was awful. Both this season and last season their pass protection has been inconsistent. They looked good against the Raiders but you never know which Oline is going to show up.

Exactly........there is no consistency on the O at all, let alone the O line.

So what exactly was TT supposed to have done better? 29 of 40 for 285, 2 TD and 0 int. And he's a big part of us losing. I certainly don't think TT is the second coming of Brady, but we could be much worse too. This hatred of him is really laughable.

DL 25%
TT 25%
TO's 25%
Dennison 13%
OL 12%

It seemed to be a somewhat heartless effort. Guys just seemed to be going through the motions. To me, the blame for that goes collectively to the leaders, which would be:

McDermott

Kyle Williams

Tyrod Taylor

The guys charged with holding people accountable did not do their jobs.

For me its:

OL - 30%

DL - 30%

Rico - 25%

McD - 7.5%

Turnovers - 7.5%

The OL was bad, they faced a good front but the Bills had all but shut down Gerald McCoy and Mack in consecutive weeks. And while the OL was bad the DL was just as bad. The Jest certainly deserve credit for going after Washington/Thornton, this 2 has the worst gap discipline Ive seen in some time. The Jest saw it and ran it down the Bills collective throats.

To add to the DLs poor run stopping ability, they were just as bad generating pass rush.