Assigning Blame

After wins we do the game balls, I thought it would be fun (or not fun) to divide up the blame after a loss. The point isnt to necessarily what was worst (tackling) but what most impacted the outcome (offensive coaching and line play). Hopefully, we dont have too many more of these. Ill go first:

- Rico 30%

- OL 25%

- DL 25%

- Tackling 10%

- McDermott 5%

- Turnovers 5%

I don't know how to divvy it all up, but one thing that was driving me crazy for most of the game was the missed tackles due to trying to strip the ball. I think these guys got a little to high on their turnover ration and forgot that the tackle needs to be the first priority.

Hard to argue too much since turnovers were such a huge part of our previous victories, but I couldn't add up all the yards that were taken after LBs and DBs tried to swipe instead of tackle.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Rushing yards for the Jets the last 5 games:

34 (Browns)

74 (Pats)

92 (Phins)

43 (Falcons)

194 (Bills)

I think the blame is very heavily on the defense, and particularly on the D line and linebackers.

Now note that the Jets weirdly did this once before: 256 rushing yards vs. the Jags. And I read somewhere that the Jags have a very good defense. Sometimes s$!t just happens I guess. Let's hope it's a Thursday night blip and not part of a trend.

50% O line

35% D line

15% OC and DC

Lose the battle in the trenches you lose the game. Got whipped physically all night long on both sides of the ball. Coaches could have helped somewhat by quicker pass patterns and/or some blitzes, getting 8 guys in the box. But as long as football has existed it comes down to beating the guy in front of you, and the Jets were just simply better last night.

50% O line

35% D line

15% OC and DC

Lose the battle in the trenches you lose the game. Got whipped physically all night long on both sides of the ball. Coaches could have helped somewhat by quicker pass patterns and/or some blitzes, getting 8 guys in the box. But as long as football has existed it comes down to beating the guy in front of you, and the Jets were just simply better last night.

As I imply above, I don't a lot of Bills fans realize how good Leonard Williams actually is. Wilkerson is a longtime Bills killer too.

At least 60% has to go on Dennison/Castillo and the OLine. Maybe more.... That was atrocious. The D is better if we can move the bail and get them off the field more.

Not to excuse the gameplan, but sometimes they face off against better players. I don't care what the sack totals for the Jets' d-line are; they have a couple of monsters, one of whom - Leonard Williams - is significantly better and more talented than o-lineman on the Bills.

50% O line

35% D line

15% OC and DC

This is a pretty good take IMO. In general, thats kind of what I saw. The game was won by the Jets at the LOS on both sides. Edited by Kirby Jackson

After wins we do the game balls, I thought it would be fun (or not fun) to divide up the blame after a loss. The point isnt to necessarily what was worst (tackling) but what most impacted the outcome (offensive coaching and line play). Hopefully, we dont have too many more of these. Ill go first:

- Rico 30%

- OL 25%

- DL 25%

- Tackling 10%

- McDermott 5%

- Turnovers 5%

So from my standpoint the offense shoulders the majority of the blame. They were dominated up front, had no answers. The game plan was not good. The pass rush was nonexistent on the other side of the ball and tackling bad. The Bills werent prepared and made some mistakes but I cut them some slack on the short week.

That's a very accurate assessment. Most concerning was how out-muscled the OL and DL were.

Admittedly, the Jets DL had fire coming out of their ear holes. But even Glenn and Incognito were getting collapsed with regularity. On the other side of the ball, #99s ability to clog the middle was sorely missing. That's Football 101 and the coordinators appeared to have little ability to adjust to the Jets dominance...

The game was fixed.

How w else do you explain that cluster bleep

They ran a "We are a team" concept. Then they traded Marcell and added a savior receiver from the outside. You can't claim team and love and my guys and add a talent like KB. Chemistry changed.

What moments did they do well? They were DOMINATED from the start.

If they win next week they are back on track IMO. It is kind of a must win to me though. They needed at least 1 of these 2.

They had many plays where they maintained adequate protection. It just so happens the rest of the team couldn't deliver in those plays.

They ran a "We are a team" concept. Then they traded Marcell and added a savior receiver from the outside. You can't claim team and love and my guys and add a talent like KB. Chemistry changed.

Dareus would not have mattered

Did you know the last time the Bills started 5-2 they list game 8 to the Jets?

Coincidence?

Dareus would not have mattered

Did you know the last time the Bills started 5-2 they list game 8 to the Jets?

Coincidence?

That was 2011.

There was also 2008: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200811020buf.htm- the Kris Jenkins game.

The Bills are now 0-3 when 5-2 and facing the Jets in week 8 in the last decade.

Not to excuse the gameplan, but sometimes they face off against better players. I don't care what the sack totals for the Jets' d-line are; they have a couple of monsters, one of whom - Leonard Williams - is significantly better and more talented than o-lineman on the Bills.

While I don’t deny that they are talented, why did they get almost as many sacks last night as they did in their first 8 games? Yeah, some of that is on US! No excuses, we sucked.

So we get torched for 200 yards on the ground and assign top blame on the offensive coordinator lol.

When the offense can't move the ball and is consistently going 3-and-out, yes. Jests offense doesn't get to run plays when the Bills offense is on the field scoring points.

Edited by Koko78

While I don’t deny that they are talented, why did they get almost as many sacks last night as they did in their first 8 games? Yeah, some of that is on US! No excuses, we sucked.

Absolutely true. I think the reason they looked so good is because they were possessed by the ghosts of Kris Jenkins circa 2008 and David Harris/Mo Wilkerson/Calvin Pace in 2011. They were stomped in the latter game, behind 27-3 until a garbage time TD with a couple of minutes to go.

I've got to give a lot of credit to the Jets. They forced us into being one-dimensional on offense. OL just got beat up by some quality individuals.

Biggest frustrations were missed tackles and penalties. The opposition is trying to beat you, you don't need to try to beat yourselves.

The Jets deserve a lot of credit. They were awesome up front. That DL of theirs is a problem.

They had many plays where they maintained adequate protection. It just so happens the rest of the team couldn't deliver in those plays.

I am asking which plays? When did they adequately hold up and the QB missed? You have the QB twice as responsible as the OL so there must be double the number of plays that they were good and he missed. I am asking you to elaborate.

McD gets 100% of the blame...........the team was no better off in the 2nd half when there was zero half time adjustments. In fact, the 2nd half was even far worse than the first.

The team was flat and ill-prepared to play a division game.

That's all on McD.