Official fire Rick Dennison thread

56 minutes ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

Not McD's first choice.  Played not to lose in 2nd half, can't go far that way.  Players deserved to feel better about today than Dennison allowed.  He has GOT TO GO!  Pathetic play calling, if I was Shady I would go on strike over some of those calls.  This need not have been close, but we went into the Denishell.  He gets a lead and turtles.  

Yes may feel better when you sober up. 

Edited by MDFan

9 minutes ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

Not McD's first choice.  Played not to lose in 2nd half, can't go far that way.  Players deserved to feel better about today than Dennison allowed.  He has GOT TO GO!  Pathetic play calling, if I was Shady I would go on strike over some of those calls.  This need not have been close, but we went into the Denishell.  He gets a lead and turtles.  

Come on

I'm not disagreeing with you. I don't like his play calling either but if he calls plays not to lose when the Bills have a sizable lead and McD just lets it happen it's on him too. They both wear headsets. McD can speak up and tell Dennison to be aggressive rather than conservative.

• Like (+1) 2

I agree. The only reason they were having mild success running the ball was because Taylor was having success throwing the ball. Once it became obvious the Bills were going to run, run, run, it played right into the hands of the defense. With a QB like Taylor who never turns the ball over, it doesn't make sense to take your foot off the gas with only an 18 point lead.

I think that teams know we lean heavy on the run game because of a deficiency in the passing game. Our team knows this as well. The problem is that even if everyone in the world knew his next move would be a shady run he would still call it. At least that's the way it looks to me. Anyway his job is OC and the offensive side of the ball stalls out to much and that's on him at the end of the day.

I'm not fully on board with firing him because there is a lot I don't know. How much is it because of execution. How much is it him being forced to be one dimensional because a weak passing attack. It's been a strange year indeed. From a hot start to a tire fire to still in the hunt. 

The offense has been a hot mess for the most part this year and he inherited it or is the cause of it. I'm not fully sure what the answer is. 

Edited by Lfod

He’s really bad. I’m not a fan of anyone that plays not to lose. He did that today and it almost backfired. Play to win and let the chips fall where they may. That drive when he ran dive, dive, 3 yard drag was atrocious. That was one of like 4 terrible decisions in the 2nd half. Go down swinging if you are going to go down 

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He’s really bad. I’m not a fan of anyone that plays not to lose. He did that today and it almost backfired. Play to win and let the chips fall where they may. That drive when he ran dive, dive, 3 yard drag was atrocious. That was one of like 4 terrible decisions in the 2nd half. Go down swinging if you are going to go down 

I thought he called a good game today. Zay dropping the ball and Tyrod missing an open Clay hurt them much more than playcalling. I do not think they played not to lose today. I thought it was more aggressive in the 2nd half than they have been in other games with the lead. Today was again.... execution, execution, execution. They kept raking shots down the field... the guys didn't make plays. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I thought he called a good game today. Zay dropping the ball and Tyrod missing an open Clay hurt them much more than playcalling. I do not think they played not to lose today. I thought it was more aggressive in the 2nd half than they have been in other games with the lead. Today was again.... execution, execution, execution. They kept raking shots down the field... the guys didn't make plays. 

We disagree here. The second half, especially the drive where they started deep, was ultra-conservative. It was the same way in defense. They had them at 2nd and 35 (or something like that) and they brought no pressure twice and allowed them to convert. I don’t ever agree with trying to hang on. Go for the throat

They did not try to hang on. 13 runs called and 14 passes called 2nd half. The problem was not a lack of aggression in play calling. It was a lack of execution in the passing game. 

Was every play call the perfect call? No.... and no OC ever calls the perfect game. But this was not a go into their shell conservative hang on game plan like we saw against Denver and Kansas City to name 2 that really stick out and I think the memory of those kinds of games is clouding the perception of today. 

If anything I thought they were too aggressive going for the 4th down in the 3rd Qrtr. They should have kicked the FG there. 

• Thank you (+1) 1