Official fire Rick Dennison thread

3 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Just a bit weird in my opinion that every time you come on this site, you talk about him non stop

Defense did its job.   Taylor stunk again 

tbd is 90% Taylor talk 5% tredavius and 5% Watkins/Dareus.   

I fall in the 90 like everyone else.    I'm good on the blame/excuse game.    Nothing personal 

7 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Defense did its job.   Taylor stunk again 

tbd is 90% Taylor talk 5% tredavius and 5% Watkins/Dareus.   

I fall in the 90 like everyone else.    I'm good on the blame/excuse game.    Nothing personal 

I know it's not just you. But just find it ridiculous. Its a very strange obsession about the man. I understand because he's not a good QB for our favourite team, but still. Its just a game and he's just a guy none of us know personally at the end of the day

I was there today.  No idea what happened on that pick and what Tyrod did.  But then back to Dennison and terrible play calling again and again. 

No Down 16-3 a nice conversion after a 1st & 20 (negating a 30 yard pass) and Dennison calls two straight runs (and not Shady).  

A game requiring offense and again nothing from Dennison (except putting Webb in for some unknown reason)..... 

Edited by Billsfan1972

What makes you think that an ultra conservative guy like McDermott is going to hire an OC that will be much different than Dennison?

I'm not even sure that I want Dennison gone. His biggest fault to me is changing to the zone run scheme and not going back to man when it didn't work.

There's just too much wrong in this post I can't even begin to start breaking it all down... I usually take great effort into putting together thoughtful & meaningful posts with good info, but the list here is just too long to even wrap my head around.

I'll just settle with "I wholeheartedly disagree."

9 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

Should we still fire Dennison for this garbage time OC killer? 

Asking for a friend.

Holy crap... you bumped this thread in defense of Dennison?!

in defense of the guy who called a fade route on 4th and goal?!

Good for you. I don't know why the heck you'd still want to defend Dennison after today... though the Joe Webb addition was a breath of fresh air.

Yeah... don't know why you're so in love with Dennison as a play caller. :doh:

Kinda weird.

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Holy crap... you bumped this thread in defense of Dennison?!

in defense of the guy who called a fade route on 4th and goal?!

Good for you. I don't know why the heck you'd still want to defend Dennison after today... though the Joe Webb addition was a breath of fresh air.

Yeah... don't know why you're so in love with Dennison as a play caller. :doh:

Kinda weird.

IMG_7673.PNG

6 hours ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

When do we start the Tyrod crow eaters thread ?   

The moment you show you have any integrity and don't say a negative word about him for a week... ya know... your stupid CoT bet thread you lost for the KC game...

Once that week is done, we do it :flirt:

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Dennison threw in some different plays that were not disastrous.  

Throw the they ball away instead for taking a sack.  

Yes, today there were a few nice wrinkles.

Still not happy with him, yet.

On 11/28/2017 at 9:45 PM, BillsFan17 said:

Not even through the first season and McDermott may not last is a topic?

Are you impressed with four of the last five games being blow out losses.? The terrible defense and terrible offense? His eye for the QB position in selecting Peterman over guys like Watson and Mahomes?

I'm not confident at all that McDermott will be the guy to put a staff together that can develop a young QB like the Rams and Eagles have done. Let's cut our losses now before we get in too deep. Gonna have a new QB next year anyway and the defense is bad already so another coaching and scheme change won't have a negative effect.

On 11/28/2017 at 9:50 PM, Fadingpain said:

I honestly hope they give this crew at least 3 years.  We need some consistency and they have already done enough interesting/unusual things to warrant some faith that they are competent and will turn things around in time.

You are right. It is unusual to be blown out in four out of five games. To have a rookie QB make his first start on the road against a fierce pass rush and throw 5 INTs in a half. To get run over and over again in the ground game. Interesting and unusual indeed.

Let's cut our losses now before we let these guys run the draft again and ruin our rookie QB next year.

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib

He did not sign Peterman over mahomes or watson.... They signed Taylor and were not looking to use a first round pick with Whaley running talent evaluation.

They decided to take it easy first year first draft stick with the veteran TT and draft an incredible CB to replace the loss of Gilmore and help repair a struggling secondary.

Which I will say McDermott and staff have done an incredible job. The bills secondary is not to be trifled with.

This year they will go for their QB in the first. Smart moves, you're just too dim to recognize!

Edited by BillsFan692
  • Like (+1) 1

We've lost 3 games to in my opinion 3 of the 5-7 best teams in the league.  And Carolina is a top 10 team. 

4 losses to teams combined to be 33-15.  

In addition to losing at the Jets and Bengals. 

I thought we'd be 3-13.  McDermott saved himself by winning in KC following the Tyrod benching. 

He has one major major mistake to correct.  He has to fire Dennison.  Together or maybe it was more Dennison he is the OC who you'd think would know better, thought Nate Peterman was a good idea.  No faith in Rico at all.  

2 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

This year they will go for their QB in the first. Smart moves, you're just too dim to recognize!

Even if they select the right QB this time, you seriously trust this staff and coach to get the most out of the team? Four blow out losses out of the last five. At least the Jets are losing close games. This team is a train wreck. I don't want to wait and find out if it is because the coach is clueless or not. We don't lose anything by cutting our ties now, especially if we do draft a rookie QB. New QB, new system, new coach.