Official fire Rick Dennison thread

Funny that the second or third longest completions of the game for Tyrod was one of his worst plays. He had to make a better pass than that. 

That said, O'Leary (whose grandmother played lacrosse at Harvard), dropped to his knees to make sure he caught it. A good receiver an probably just catch it low and run (not at full speed but didn't need to). 

TT didn't have a lot of chances. Dennison sent two or three guys out all day and the Chiefs easily covered them. 

6 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Yes it was, but it bothered me that our offensive line got no push whatsoever on three straight plays.

We’ve had give up drives like that several times this year. I’d have to imagine the Chiefs knew what was coming.

Just now, ScottLaw said:

The pass completely exaggerated? 

It was low, but give me a break. O Leary could've easily plucked that pass and kept going instead of falling down.

He had to bend backwards and lose momentum to get it. It was a good completion but there was so much more that could have been had. And that is the big problem with TT. He's serviceable, but there is so much more we could do. 

5 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Peterman was chucking the ball all over the place last week. Pretty obvious McD told him why he was yanking Taylor - he wants the QB to take chances, not sacks.

He was chucking the ball all over the place all right ................

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

We’ve had give up drives like that several times this year. I’d have to imagine the Chiefs knew what was coming.

True.  I was just thinking of the Saints running it down our throats when we knew the run was coming.  LOL.  I'm going to enjoy the win as we really needed it.

Edited by Doc Brown

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

Funny that the second or third longest completions of the game for Tyrod was one of his worst plays. He had to make a better pass than that. 

That said, O'Leary (whose grandmother played lacrosse at Harvard), dropped to his knees to make sure he caught it. A good receiver an probably just catch it low and run (not at full speed but didn't need to). 

TT didn't have a lot of chances. Dennison sent two or three guys out all day and the Chiefs easily covered them. 

O'Leary could've gotten up but I think he was gunshy because of the Jets game where he got up and then was stripped. 

The play call on the very next play should be the nail that seals Dennisons coffin. 

3 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Or the NFL quarterback could have thrown it to his target. That's a better idea.

That's right put Peterman in there ................. I hear he throws a REALLY catchable ball.

Edited by Maine-iac
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

True.  I was just thinking of the Saints running it down our throats when we knew the run was coming.  LOL.  I'm going to enjoy the win as we really needed it.

Wins all count the same regardless of how pretty they are

1 minute ago, Maine-iac said:

That's right put Peterman in there ................. I hear he throws a REALLY catchable ball.

When the defense is dominant like today, Taylor gives you a better chance. But if the defense is poor and you're playing from behind, Taylor offers nothing. Peterman is a gunslinger and when you're down you need a QB who takes chances. It is what it is.

18 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I co-sign on this. Dennison is bad and this may have been his worst. Play to win not to not lose!! Glad we pulled it out though. Still in position. 

McDermott loves Jauron ball.........unless his defense mails it in(which is a mid-season Buffalo tradition he hasn't changed).

Just now, Wayne Arnold said:

When the defense is dominant like today, Taylor gives you a better chance. But if the defense is poor and you're playing from behind, Taylor offers nothing. Peterman is a gunslinger and when you're down you need a QB who takes chances. It is what it is.

Peterman's not ready to play especially with our below average pass blocking.  We're going to have to ride out Tyrod whether you like it or not.

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Our defense won this game.  They played amazing.  It's like they finally remembered how to pressure a QB, tackle, and cover.

I don't think there was a victory that the defense didn't get.  I'd go a step further and say that the offense cost us two games - Carolina and Cincy.

3 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Look: I'm no Tyrod lover. He is what he is. But Peterman isn't the answer to any question I want answered. 

[This is an automated response]This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread. Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics. Thank you.

[This is an automated response]The thread is no longer contributing positively to the community and therefore the discussion has been closed.Thank you.