Deshaun Watson tore his ACL in practice

YoloinOhio

Thanks for that.

Wasn't the story that he played a whole game or most of a game with a torn ACL as a freshman? I suppose I could look it up. ;)

Incredibly, most folks with isolated ACL tears can bear weight on that leg, and the swelling and pain start a little after the actual tear.

@SportsInfo_SIS: It's worth wondering if the initial injury to Watson's left knee occurred on the 72-yard TD pass to Hopkins with 5:01 remaining in the 4th

@FO_ASchatz: Possibly the first stage of Watson knee injury? Watson took shot to knee on this play, discomfort walking it off.

@SportsInfo_SIS: It's worth wondering if the initial injury to Watson's left knee occurred on the 72-yard TD pass to Hopkins with 5:01 remaining in the 4th

@FO_ASchatz: Possibly the first stage of Watson knee injury? Watson took shot to knee on this play, discomfort walking it off.

He did. Remember that play well. Pressured on 43% of his dropbacks... by far the highest in the league. Playing behind that line was an accident waiting to happen even if this is totally unrelated.

Count 9 months from now.... that puts you right about the first week of training camp. They need to not rush him. If it takes him until week 4 or 5 next season to be ready then that is what it takes.

I still say the reason RGIII failed was attitude, work ethic and no progression reading defense... but being thrown out there when not ready aftet his ACL certainly didn't help.