Andrew Luck to IR

mannc

He's been fine. Not nearly as lights out as many think, but fine.

He has one of the fattest contracts in the sport and performs like a middle of the road guy.

Now, he's 11 months removed from surgery and can't even practice. That is a huge red flag.

Just calling it like I see it.

True... the contract does raise expectations. I'd put my money that he's got a lot of good seasons ahead of him.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So do the Colts take one of the top QBs next April? :bag:

It's deja vu all over again. Someone will be touted as "the next Andrew Luck" and Luck will tell the Colts, "You have to draft the guy." They will, and then they'll release Luck. And Denver's looking for a QB.

Good news for the Bills because on paper the Colts game is the only 'easy' game left. But it could have been totally different with Luck playing but this is a smart move by Indy since their season is pretty much toast now anyway.

We play Miami twice and they decided to trade away the only player who would be a factor in those games.

Sucks for Luck. .

I remember Colts fans using that as their rallying cry in 2011. When will people learn tanking does not work in football? Its crazy to me people at the beginning of this year wanted us to trade every good talent we had to secure the 1st overall pick.

I remember Colts fans using that as their rallying cry in 2011. When will people learn tanking does not work in football? Its crazy to me people at the beginning of this year wanted us to trade every good talent we had to secure the 1st overall pick.

The problem with tanking is that while you may get the QB you want, you don't have much talent around him. Moreover, the reason for the lack of talent is often due to poor talent evaluation. Luck's suffered from poor coaching, too.

Edited by SoTier

Our two firsts for luck and we trade tt for a second. Colts have 3 firsts and take a qb. That would be a hell of a deal and we have room to add talent and still have cap space Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That makes Mario Williams for John Skelton look like pure genius. :doh:

Oh it worked. Luck was/is a great QB. They never gave him an offensive line and he got pounded year in and year out.

I hope he is able to come back eventually. It would be a big loss to the NFL to lose a QB like luck to an injury

Oh it worked. Luck was/is a great QB. They never gave him an offensive line and he got pounded year in and year out.

I hope he is able to come back eventually. It would be a big loss to the NFL to lose a QB like luck to an injury

So then it didnt work. Part of tanking means you have to be seriously lacking in talent and depth. Its a lot harder to build it back up, plus get the coaching staff right, than people give it credit for. And #1 overall QBs are like 50/50. Its a horrible strategy which is more likely to go wrong than right IMO.

So then it didnt work. Part of tanking means you have to be seriously lacking in talent and depth. Its a lot harder to build it back up, plus get the coaching staff right, than people give it credit for. And #1 overall QBs are like 50/50. Its a horrible strategy which is more likely to go wrong than right IMO.

If the plan was to get a great QB, then yes it worked. Luck was awesome and a generational talent. He took a 1 win team to the playoffs.

The GM gave the fans and himself fast shiny receivers and corners and never protected him. This would be a very different story if guys like Dorsett werent drafted in favor of a good guard