Expectations on next five games?

TFBillsfan

I know most are feeling great with the Bills sitting at 5-2. IMO, getting to 6-2 is critical. Lose and we face four straight challenging opponents. (NO, @SD, @KC, NE) SD on the road will not be a gimme. Losing to the Jets and things could change very quickly. Curious to what everyone's expectations are with these next five games. IMO, we have to come away with 3 wins at a minimum. Anything less and things look dramatically different.

Let's go Buffalo!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see it like this:

JETS: W - I simply don't see how this team can lose to the Jets. I get they are playing hard, but they are so injured and we are going to feast on McCown once again.

NO: W - I think we use the home field advantage one more time and beat these guys, who are terrible on the road. Also, I'll be at the game, and we seem to win big games with me there (Packers 2014, for example).

SD: L - we might come to Earth here. Ingram and Bosa are quietly playing out of their minds, and we never seem to do well against the Chargers.

KC: L - if this game was home, we probably win this one, but KC has our number for some reason.

NE: W - Probably wrong but I think we stick it to the Cheats at home to clinch a playoff berth.

It all starts with getting a W tomorrow night...IF we do that

NO - Win...I dont see how they come into our house and beat us on our dirt...trust the process

SD - coin flip really....I hope McD has us leave a day or two early and practice out there (WHY DONT TEAMS DO THIS MORE? I dont care that players are away from their family, let the bodies adjust for 48 hours)...if chargers have lost a couple in a row they could feel hopeless and not play as inspired? Rivers is still a good QB, they have weapons and a strong run game. Would need to really really play well I think to win. But if we are coming off four straight wins...we could be riding high and win this game.

Thats all that I am prepared to do, and not even this much really...the NFL is a week to week league...as much as we poke fun at it, it is hard to win in the NFL.

I know most are feeling great with the Bills sitting at 5-2. IMO, getting to 6-2 is critical. Lose and we face four straight challenging opponents. (NO, @SD, @KC, NE) SD on the road will not be a gimme. Losing to the Jets and things could change very quickly. Curious to what everyone's expectations are with these next five games. IMO, we have to come away with 3 wins at a minimum. Anything less and things look dramatically different.

Let's go Buffalo!

I disagree with needing to come away with 3 wins at a minimum. Obviously it would be nice, but remember that after the Pats home game, it is Indy and Miami at home. Those should be 2 wins. If it is 2-3 over the next five games, and take care of business at home vs. Colts and Fins, sitting at 9-5 going into the @ Cheats and @ Fins game, needing one win out of those two, I'll take that as worst case.

I think we need to beat the Jets to put us in position for the playoffs. That puts us at 6-2. The next 4 games of NO, SD, KC, and NE- we must win 2 of them. That's 8-4. We then need 2 more wins out of Miami x2, NE, and the Colts. That will get us to 10 wins. None of that is outrageous. In fact, it's probable. However, it becomes harder if we're in a position to need a win against NE or to sweep the Dolphins. So the Jets win is important.

Beat the Jets first. Then we're onto New Orleans...

The NO game is my game to attend this year. I'm looking forward to seeing what should be one of week nine's best games in person.

I agree, one game at a time. That said, realistically I would be happy with 3 -2 over the next five, but can also see a possible 4 and 1.

Anything can happen, but my humble guess would be.

@ Jets - W

Saints - W

@ Chargers - W

@ Chiefs - L

Patriots - W

Colts - W

Dolphins - W

@ Patriots - L

@ Dolphins - L

11 - 5

And I will add, I really think they can win any game.

Edited by dubs

Thursday feels like a trap game to me. It's the biggest worry I've got on the remaining schedule because we've been here before and it's gone poorly.

Have to beat the Patriots once. My prognostication that the Bills and Pats will have identical records at their first meeting is so far holding up.