The Brownsiest Brownsing even for the Browns

YoloinOhio

The Browns should just call me and offer me the GM job, I really couldn't be any worse than what they have.

Sure you could. You could shut down their factory of sadness and millions of dog faced fans would be out of the only emotion they know.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the Broncos had the fax issue a few years ago too and missed the trade deadline.

Why is the NFL still using fax machines?!

There was a contract screw up, sometime a few years ago, where the agent forgot to fax a form/contract, which cost the client a bundle. I'm pretty sure former agent now--at least for that guy.

Even a few years ago, some stuff was required to be physically signed and faxed. Now most can be electronically signed and/or electronically sent (email, secure web portal, etc). But I have a feeling there are still some holdouts.

McCarron will be a RFA after this season

Right of first-refusal only: $1.8 million
2nd-round pick plus ROFR: $2.7 million
1st-round pick plus ROFR: $3.9 million
Teams must issue these tenders to any of their RFA players prior to 4:00 PM Eastern Time on March 9th (2017) in order to maintain their RFA rights
Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer tweeted that the Browns sent a signed trade document to the Bengals to sign and send to the league, confirming the trade. The Bengals sent in the wrong document, one signed only by them.
The league needed both signatures to approve the trade, and the deadline passed before they got both.
Edited by ALF

@thecomeback

Browns trade for AJ Mccarron reportedly falls through because they were too busy celebrating to call it in

http://thecomeback.com/nfl/browns-failed-call-trade-aj-mccarron-busy-celebrating.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Those poor fans, I couldn't even imagine. I hope the league allows some leniency and approves the trade.

It was later reported that Cincinnati turned in the wrong paper work.

Florio claims the Browns excuse doesn't hold weight, that procedure is each team individual sends their paperwork into the league and the league executes the deal after receiving paperwork from each team. The Browns didn't send theirs in, then they sent their mouthpiece Mary Kay Cabbage out to blame the Bengals.

It's likely for the best they flubbed it (or did it on purpose depending what you want to believe), I'd have to imagine another full scale housecleaning is in order, let the new regime have the draft picks over a QB whose clock is ticking.

Of all the misery of the last 17 years....at least we aren't the Browns. I'm actually starting to feel sorry for their fans. They're passionate and loyal....they really don't deserve this.

A large amount of the Browns fans I've met totally deserve this. Not to mention they have Lebron, the Indians are good and OSU football, Cleveland sports fans are doing ok these days.

Florio claims the Browns excuse doesn't hold weight, that procedure is each team individual sends their paperwork into the league and the league executes the deal after receiving paperwork from each team. The Browns didn't send theirs in, then they sent their mouthpiece Mary Kay Cabbage out to blame the Bengals.

It's likely for the best they flubbed it (or did it on purpose depending what you want to believe), I'd have to imagine another full scale housecleaning is in order, let the new regime have the draft picks over a QB whose clock is ticking.

A large amount of the Browns fans I've met totally deserve this. Not to mention they have Lebron, the Indians are good and OSU football, Cleveland sports fans are doing ok these days.

they do call her the Cabbage on 97.1 lol

I read that this morning. It makes total sense that each team has to send in the deal separately.

And so here are the potential explanations for what’s going on. One, the Browns are lying about what happened to cover up their incompetence. Two, the Browns are telling the truth and are genuinely incompetent. Three, the Browns deliberately sent the paperwork to the Bengals and not to the league office in order to keep the trade from happening, with a premeditated “did I do that?” already in place.

None of those are good explanations. The Browns look like total morons here.

I read that this morning. It makes total sense that each team has to send in the deal separately.

None of those are good explanations. The Browns look like total morons here.

The league office saying the Browns screwed it up and the Browns sending their mouthpiece Mary Kay out to claim it was the Bengals fault looks incredibly bad IMO. I would have to think that does damage to the relationship with other teams for future deals.

My crackpot theory is Hue told the FO to get McCarron, they got the deal done but purposely flubbed it because the FO didn't actually want to do it, then blamed it on the Bengals.

The league office saying the Browns screwed it up and the Browns sending their mouthpiece Mary Kay out to claim it was the Bengals fault looks incredibly bad IMO. I would have to think that does damage to the relationship with other teams for future deals.

My crackpot theory is Hue told the FO to get McCarron, they got the deal done but purposely flubbed it because the FO didn't actually want to do it, then blamed it on the Bengals.

To be fair to MKC, who I have met and believe is a very good reporter, she updated her story for accuracy:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/10/browns_failed_to_approve_trade.html

To be fair to MKC, who I have met and believe is a very good reporter, she updated her story for accuracy:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/10/browns_failed_to_approve_trade.html

To be clear, I think MKC 100% reports what she's told to full accuracy. I just think the team feeds her a heaping load of BS and she sends it out without questioning it, the last reporter in town to do it which has helped her career and access with the team tremendously.