The Brownsiest Brownsing even for the Browns

YoloinOhio

Browns coaching staff feels the front office sabotaged the deal

https://landryfootball.com/browns-coaches-management-differ-on-mccarron-trade-talks/

I am told from a member of the Browns Personnel department that the Front office did not want to trade for McCarron while head coach Hue Jackson did. I was also told by members of the Browns Personnel and Coaching staffs that Browns owner Jim Haslam stepped in and wanted to complete the deal for Jackson.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would anyone be a fan?

Real fans stick by their teams---even when they are a complete mess. Maybe you aren't old enough to remember when the Bills were a major dumpster fire. Fair-weather fans jump ship.

The analytics said it was better to call it in AFTER 4pm...

LOL!

There was a contract screw up, sometime a few years ago, where the agent forgot to fax a form/contract, which cost the client a bundle. I'm pretty sure former agent now--at least for that guy.

Even a few years ago, some stuff was required to be physically signed and faxed. Now most can be electronically signed and/or electronically sent (email, secure web portal, etc). But I have a feeling there are still some holdouts.

That was TO, if I recall correctly.

Edited by dave mcbride

@pauldehnerjr

Marvin Lewis: Not sure I’ve ever seen trade derailed at last minute like that.

@GeoffHobsonCin

Marv: AJ very valuable member of team and I was frankly relieved

@RapSheet

Ian Rapoport Retweeted Geoff Hobson

That’s definitely the sentiment in the organization. Were willing to do the trade. But happy it didn’t happen.

@pauldehnerjr

Marvin Lewis: Not sure I’ve ever seen trade derailed at last minute like that.

@GeoffHobsonCin

Marv: AJ very valuable member of team and I was frankly relieved

@RapSheet

Ian Rapoport Retweeted Geoff Hobson

That’s definitely the sentiment in the organization. Were willing to do the trade. But happy it didn’t happen.

How is that possible? It's a trade. You have to be happy with making it or, um, you don't agree to it.

How is that possible? It's a trade. You have to be happy with making it or, um, you don't agree to it.

Possible Marv wanted to keep him but was getting strong armed by the GM/higher-ups to let him go. Not everyone could have been on board with the trade is basically my point.

To be fair to MKC, who I have met and believe is a very good reporter, she updated her story for accuracy:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/10/browns_failed_to_approve_trade.html

I’ve also met MKC. She is not particularly well thought of by most Cleveland fans. It’s due to her not really having any sources of her own and recycling material from others. Also her opinions about whom the Browns should draft have been about as bad as the actual drafting. She’s doesn’t do anything bad or unethical and she’s not a shill. She is a good source for casual fans who want a summary of what’s happening with the Cleveland teams. She doesn’t break any news, dig deep or do a lot of legwork though. And if there is something false floating around as fact she will perpetuate it -not maliciously though.

Sure. That makes sense. But the line by Rappaport was that was the feeling in the organization, not just Marvin.

I guess it depends who they mean in "the organization"? Coach, coaches, players, front office, GM, owner?

He could have asked 4 ppl and all 4 said, yea I'm glad he's still here. It's limited information so hard to really say but to me it sounds more like "Whaley went rouge".

I think Marvin only said that so AJ would still feel welcome. But I dont think they really wanted to get rid of him - its just hard turn down an early 2nd and early 3rd for ... AJ McCarron.

Actually that is true. I didn't think of it in those terms. You can like the guy, and still want him, and then think for that amount we have to trade him. He's not that good. ;)