TRADE: Kelvin Benjamin to Buffalo

Rubes

Watkins is the more talented guy imo. Im ecstatic we got kb but hes also had the benefit of catching passes from a former league mvp

We're not collecting talent. We're building a team. Watkins was not traded purely because of his unavailability. Why don't you get that?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Watkins is just a low quality human; these guys are throwing that sort off the team and looking for character guys who are smart, show up, work hard, are reliable, and do what they're told.

That's not a bad approach; it's what BB does up in New England...

I think McD would even sacrifice some raw talent in the wrong guy for lesser talent in the right guy.

We are seeing this approach can work. Our current roster is not exactly flooded with virtuoso talent.

Watkins is just a low quality human; these guys are throwing that sort off the team and looking for character guys who are smart, show up, work hard, are reliable, and do what they're told.

That's not a bad approach; it's what BB does up in New England...

I think McD would even sacrifice some raw talent in the wrong guy for lesser talent in the right guy.

We are seeing this approach can work. Our current roster is not exactly flooded with virtuoso talent.

And yet the Bills were interested in acquiring Martavis Bryant. So you are wrong. But cling to your hatred of SW for punking off a few idiots on Instagram that were harassing him. I believe you have described the wrong individual as the low quality human. Those idiots called themselves " Bills fans" Edited by Boatdrinks

We're not collecting talent. We're building a team. Watkins was not traded purely because of his unavailability. Why don't you get that?

I didnt say he was, someone else did. What i said was watkins is more talented.

He's had the benefit of being 6'5"...

I think he'll do just fine catching passes from Taylor.

A lot of guys have had that benefit and didnt do anything. Cam threw a lot of tight window throws to kb. It is a legit concern. Im still excited we have him though

Edited by BillsSbSoon

My lord, I love this trade! Love this GM & HC!

A 6'5 240lb beast and just what the Bills need to make a playoff push! Talk about a great red zone target.

Dunno why the Panthers would trade him away for a 3rd and a 7th.

Just a darn shame we probably won't see him in a Bills uni Thursday though.

The question is do Benjamin, Zay and Matthews get in each others way at all?

I don't think they complement each other as a group........neither Zay or Matthews ideally belongs outside the slot, IMO..........they were kinda' redundant to start with.....and on the outside Matthews hasn't been able to do anything downfield with Tyrod.

I think if Benjamin ever gets up to speed this season he is a notable upgrade from Matthews as a big play and redzone guy on the outside......so that's a gain.

But my guess is that they were hoping to buy cheap on T Pryor or Martavis Bryant.........faster guys who are also big targets........but couldn't strike a deal so Beane went with option C at the last minute.......less of a fit with Tyrod and more compensation in trade.......but still a huge enough target to be a potential big upgrade and not a FA-to-be like Pryor and not a serious problem child like Byrant.

I think you're correct on all counts. Bryant or TY Hilton would complement our existing group much better. I imagine the braintrust had a similar assessment (maybe) but the cost was too high. I'm not sure I'd feel as positive about a trade if they gave up a 2nd rounder for either of those guys.

But then again, I can certainly see them feeling comfortable with Benjamin, Matthews, and Zay as a top three. I'm still high on Thompson finding a regular role, and Andre Holmes has been playing well.

The major difference for Kelvin Benjamin, I'd think, is we're not trying to make any of the receivers "happen" in the way the Panthers are trying to with Devin Funchess. Jordan Matthews is on an expiring contract, and they have the option with Benjamin -- basically, the Bills have some viable options, and I'm not sure there's any great way of knowing how it will shake out for next year. But they are no longer desperate at the position, and don't have to commit to drafting a starting receiver.

I guess it will just depends on how they play and how it all gels. We'll see.

I forgot to address AZ's first point in my last post, but you did a good job. I don't believe I said the attitude factor was complete rubbish, just that it -presented as THE factor--was rubbish.

However, I would change the order of your considerations. I think if Sammy was signed through the 5th year and wasn't quite so fragile, his attitude wouldn't have been enough to get him traded. If these guys are going to be successful, they will at some point, have to deal with a productive player who occasionally goes off a little bit. Sammy isn't nearly the diva of many successful and coveted WRs.

Yeah, I think you're right. Now I'm realizing we're saying the same thing, I think, which is the attitude & contract considerations went hand in hand with Sammy. The Dareus trade was pretty much the exact same thing, except instead of an expiring contract, it was a ballooning one. If either player were on a friendlier deal, the attitude stuff could be worked around. If they had better attitude, the contract stuff could be worked around.

You're also right that most star receivers have the same diva attitude as Sammy (it only took two bad games for Antonio Brown to start tossing water coolers, so at least Sammy has a longer fuse than that). But I think that is correlated to performance -- you can be allowed your diva moments if the performance backs it up, and of course, Sammy just hasn't had that happen yet. Again, this all works the same for Dareus, too -- if he'd been dominating in practice and in games, I don't think they'd dump him based purely on attitude/contract.

As a counter example, I didn't expect LeSean McCoy to become the leader he's grown into in Buffalo. He had a history of poor behavior in Philly despite his great production, and at first it seemed like he could've been a frustrated diva here. But I think for Shady, it's a combination of the trade humbling him and maybe just plain old age and experience. So maybe McCoy's contract is higher than you'd prefer, but it's easy to look past when he's such a positive addition to the team.

And yet the Bills were interested in acquiring Martavis Bryant. So you are wrong. But cling to your hatred of SW for punking off a few idiots on Instagram that were harassing him. I believe you have described the wrong individual as the low quality human. Those idiots called themselves " Bills fans"

You have literally zero proof we were even remotely interested in martavis.

I look at this as a set up move. If they want to make a splash they can sign Jeffrey or Pryor in the off-season (or maybe trade for Hilton). Mattews in the slot with a fast WR and a big bodied WR (Benjamin) is literally exactly how you draw up your receiving core.

And yet the Bills were interested in acquiring Martavis Bryant. So you are wrong. But cling to your hatred of SW for punking off a few idiots on Instagram that were harassing him. I believe you have described the wrong individual as the low quality human. Those idiots called themselves " Bills fans"

Now way in the world we were bringing that diva here.

A lot of guys have had that benefit and didnt do anything. Cam threw a lot of tight window throws to kb. It is a legit concern. Im still excited we have him though

Cam doesn't throw a lot of tight window passes. The story with him and Benjamin is that he's comfortable putting it up for grabs. They have good chemistry on the field. 50/50 balls are not the same as tight window throws.

Speculation is that the Martavis rumor was a ploy to pressure Carolina into making a deal.

I like the trade. It is unlikely that the Bills would get a player as good as KB with the third and, as someone else said, the seventh is like leaving a tip.

I will like the trade even more presuming the Bills are able to extend KB and he does not have any lingering knee issues.

I liked KB out of college. Defensive backs do not seem very excited about wanting to tackle him. Although he does not get great separation (according to a stat that someone else posted earlier in the thread), KB is one of those guys who is open when he not really open.

I am not saying KB is Gronk, but I can see KB playing somewhat of a similar role because of the issue his size causes defenses. Especially when Clay comes back healthy, TT will have an assortment of good options to throw to and plenty of guys with size.

Him and the old guard of this board don't get this concept. It is too abstract for them to process.

Let it go dude. He never was a consistent high producer with the Bills, he never endeared himself with the Bills fan base or for that matter his teammates. He's a Ram and a low producing one at that.

Let it go

Edited by Magox