TRADE: Kelvin Benjamin to Buffalo

Rubes

I heard it too and completely agree. Im guessing he sees some action especially in the red zone. This game is too important to the Bills. The injured guys are already pushing to play.

Hunter saw some routes and he was signed pretty fast last year. Design two or three packages with him running deep or corners and that'll be a start.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This entire thread, when combined with the Dareus, Sammy and Darby threads is why you need to knit pick through posts here: the FO (unlike our FO’s of past) have a true plan in place. Make this move which allows this move which allows this move and so on. The vast majority here take them for face value failing to understand that NONE of the people on this board know the big picture they are looking at, regardless of ‘football knowledge’.

With all of that being said, I have an immense amount of respect for some of the regulars here and enjoy being the voyeur that I am here.

The look and feel of the organization vis-a-vis the powers in charge at OBD is as good as it has been since the demise of the Superbowl teams.

The way they are working and the decisions they are taking look, in absolutely no way, like typical Bills administrations in the last two decades.

He does. He blew out his ACL in 2015 and has had soreness in that same knee this year. Two weeks ago he left practice because of frustration with his knee. Sitting him this week would be like an extra bye for him to rest it.

Thanks, thats exactly what I thought and what I was referring to.

Edited by Augie

ESPN: Why the Panthers Made the Deal (2:16)

The Panthers' reporter go one fact wrong by saying Benjamin's deal is up after this season.

Yeah, MINOR detail to get wrong.

I also love the rationale from Carolina "with him gone, we can get younger, faster players on the field (since they have Funchess, who is a similar body type)" - i.e. KB is too good to take off the field when he's there... :D

This entire thread, when combined with the Dareus, Sammy and Darby threads is why you need to knit pick through posts here: the FO (unlike our FOs of past) have a true plan in place. Make this move which allows this move which allows this move and so on. The vast majority here take them for face value failing to understand that NONE of the people on this board know the big picture they are looking at, regardless of football knowledge.

With all of that being said, I have an immense amount of respect for some of the regulars here and enjoy being the voyeur that I am here.

Cant blame the fans, we just had several years of a GM who didnt know big and picture belonged in the same sentence. A guy who spent 2 1st round picks on an unproven receiver and gave a $100 million contract to an underachieving DT with a high suspension risk. Whaley never understood talent isnt enough. You have to build a team and you have to build for the future. I love our new vision!

I heard it too and completely agree. Im guessing he sees some action especially in the red zone. This game is too important to the Bills. The injured guys are already pushing to play.

I dont think he plays on Thursday. My guess is we are playing mind games with the Jets, and why not? Give them one more thing to plan for.

I did not read the entire thread, so excuse me if I repeat a thought, but I am sure that you all will torch me for the last part of my epiphany.

They were going to lose him at the end of the season--not worth the second contract. KB would demand a $55m contract. Not getting that here.

Now the part that will get me some turds:

1. He reported to camp a bit overweight. Some of you pointed out that he got in shape by the beginning of the season. The offseason is to get better--not to get fat. KB should have been tweaking his game, not dieting and running sprints

2. Cam is better without KB. Yes--I said it. in 2015, Cam spread the ball around nicely. I forget our record that year (sarcasm), but the team underperformed the year before and the year after. Hmmm.

3. Our offense is a dud. KB is not getting open. He is running bad routes and is not hard to cover with 1 player.

Watch--our offense will open up with him gone. Trust me--addition by subtraction. NOT because KB sucks, but because he does not make others better. Our offense is slow and lumbering. KB had 8 games left and would be gone anyway. Funchess has been better, so...

A third rounder is not a bad trade---we got Olsen for a third rounder.

Folks--our offensive woes were not all OL--that is what you see on TV...Our big WRs are not getting open. I am not distraught about this--sorry.

I did not read the entire thread, so excuse me if I repeat a thought, but I am sure that you all will torch me for the last part of my epiphany.

They were going to lose him at the end of the season--not worth the second contract. KB would demand a $55m contract. Not getting that here.

Now the part that will get me some turds:

1. He reported to camp a bit overweight. Some of you pointed out that he got in shape by the beginning of the season. The offseason is to get better--not to get fat. KB should have been tweaking his game, not dieting and running sprints

2. Cam is better without KB. Yes--I said it. in 2015, Cam spread the ball around nicely. I forget our record that year (sarcasm), but the team underperformed the year before and the year after. Hmmm.

3. Our offense is a dud. KB is not getting open. He is running bad routes and is not hard to cover with 1 player.

Watch--our offense will open up with him gone. Trust me--addition by subtraction. NOT because KB sucks, but because he does not make others better. Our offense is slow and lumbering. KB had 8 games left and would be gone anyway. Funchess has been better, so...

A third rounder is not a bad trade---we got Olsen for a third rounder.

Folks--our offensive woes were not all OL--that is what you see on TV...Our big WRs are not getting open. I am not distraught about this--sorry.

This Car. guy is misinformed. Benjamin was not gone after this year, they picked up his 5th yr option for 8.5 mil and could have kept him if they wanted. I can understand the part about he and Funchess being very similar.

Cant blame the fans, we just had several years of a GM who didnt know big and picture belonged in the same sentence. A guy who spent 2 1st round picks on an unproven receiver and gave a $100 million contract to an underachieving DT with a high suspension risk. Whaley never understood talent isnt enough. You have to build a team and you have to build for the future. I love our new vision!

By no means I am blaming anyone here, but there comes a point when you need to stand back and ask, “What are they doing here?” I never would have questioned ridiculing a trade by trade deal in the past but this front office IS different. We have no idea what’s in store next (plans for draft)!

It’s the beauty of having a FO that is doing something other than trying to sell tickets...and it is so much fun to watch!

PS: we are doing it with Russ here (who I really like). He’s not a football guy but DAMN he can market a product!!!!

This Car. guy is misinformed. Benjamin was not gone after this year, they picked up his 5th yr option for 8.5 mil and could have kept him if they wanted. I can understand the part about he and Funchess being very similar.

I know that part

The rest is accurate and echoed on their board

The look and feel of the organization vis-a-vis the powers in charge at OBD is as good as it has been since the demise of the Superbowl teams.

The way they are working and the decisions they are taking look, in absolutely no way, like typical Bills administrations in the last two decades.

I agree. The pain is fading

My God! Over 1300 of us are currently on the Board! Its Halloween! Go do something fun!

Great addition to the team!

I got a text from my brother while trt ing with kids. Had to check here for the scoop