TRADE: Kelvin Benjamin to Buffalo

Rubes

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think its nuts to play him in 2 Days, personally. At least let him practice with the QB. Mini Bye is perfect.

I have no problem either way.

1. If they want to use him primarily as a decoy but maybe give him a handful (literally) of plays to run; im fine with it. At the end of the day, a 10yd slant route is a 10yd slant route everywhere.

2. If they want to sit him; I'm fine with it.

Still, the guy has a huge upside, and a decent bottom (phrasing). The Bills have draft picks to burn, and he fills a position of great need. The only reason to be down on this trade, is just to be contrary, IMO. There is a very low risk here.

if we gave up a 3rd round for 1 1/2 years and it accomplishes something beyond playoff berth ok

I see it as not being contrary. I think we could use a 3rd round pick to get us further potentially than Benjamin. I just can't convince myself beyond his rookie deal and maybe a franchise tag and see a lot of worth.

But, I am still digesting it.

I think you have confused "you are ahead of me on the bell curve" with "you will give me head with your balls curved"

that sounds painful as hell. Cuvred balls? Who would think of that. You're a monster

Do we not understand that Benjamin is open when he's not open? Sometimes you have to put the stat book down and THINK.

Tyrod doesn't throw into tight coverage, he's not accurate enough to do it consistently. That was one of the complaints about underutilizing Watkins.

Per NFL #NextGenStats, Tyrod has thrown into tight coverage at 4th lowest rate (13.3%). Kelvin tied for second-worst avg. separation (2yds).

Gee, maybe the team thought they could get him a target that can actually catch tight window passes?

Edited by HappyDays

Yeah but McDermott was the DC not the OC. Also all that's left of practice is a walkthrough. I'm sure they could give him a couple plays, but really next week would be better. Guy has a lot going on in the next 24 hours.

Listening to Sal C. on GR-550 in the audio vault now.

He said he spoke with McD today and pointed out all the logistical difficulties you reference, pointing out to the coach that it is unlikely we would see Benjamin on Thursday night.

Sal said McD responded by saying "Yeah I understand all that, but if he can help us and we think he can go, he'll go" or words to that effect.

My gut (and nothing else!) says he will play on Thursday, in an obviously limited capacity.

This entire thread, when combined with the Dareus, Sammy and Darby threads is why you need to knit pick through posts here: the FO (unlike our FO’s of past) have a true plan in place. Make this move which allows this move which allows this move and so on. The vast majority here take them for face value failing to understand that NONE of the people on this board know the big picture they are looking at, regardless of ‘football knowledge’.

With all of that being said, I have an immense amount of respect for some of the regulars here and enjoy being the voyeur that I am here.

Listening to Sal C. on GR-550 in the audio vault now.

He said he spoke with McD today and pointed out all the logistical difficulties you reference, pointing out to the coach that it is unlikely we would see Benjamin on Thursday night.

Sal said McD responded by saying "Yeah I understand all that, but if he can help us and we think he can go, he'll go" or words to that effect.

My gut (and nothing else!) says he will play on Thursday, in an obviously limited capacity.

I heard it too and completely agree. Im guessing he sees some action especially in the red zone. This game is too important to the Bills. The injured guys are already pushing to play.