The drive after Oakland scored to make it 27-14...

BillsFan130

How many times have we seen in the past where the opposing team scores when the bills are leading, only to follow up with a 60 second drive resulting in a 3 and out?

When Oakland made it 27-14 I thought... How are the Bills going to find a way to blow this one.

But this is not the same old Bills.

The drive after... The Bills take over 5 minutes off the clock, make Oakland use a timeout, convert key third downs, and essentially killed all the momentum Oakland had and salted the game away.

Was so nice to see and I think that drive was an underrated sequence in this win today.

If they go 3 and out and give the ball back to Oakland with good field position, who knows what happens.

It seems like the Bills are learning to win/handle adversity, and it is so nice to see this after almost 2 decades of finding ways to lose.

It was huge, and much like last week, it was something that we havent seen from Bills teams in recent memory. Oakland managed to score relatively quickly, putting pressure on our offense to get something done. They did a great job of responding in that spot. As a side note, I thought it was idiotic that Oakland didnt attempt an onside with the kickoff at the fifty after a Bills penalty on their XP.

It was huge, and much like last week, it was something that we havent seen from Bills teams in recent memory. Oakland managed to score relatively quickly, putting pressure on our offense to get something done. They did a great job of responding in that spot. As a side note, I thought it was idiotic that Oakland didnt attempt an onside with the kickoff at the fifty after a Bills penalty on their XP.

100 percent agreed. Made no sense at all not doing the onside kick.

Worst case scenario for the Raiders, the Bills recover and start at the 35 yard line...

What I liked was the Raiders knew we were going to run but we ran it down thier throat anyway.

Exactly

100 percent agreed. Made no sense at all not doing the onside kick.

Worst case scenario for the Raiders, the Bills recover and start at the 35 yard line...

Exactly

Yeah, only a ten yard difference when you're down 13 points with ten minutes remaining. The problem may be that it would require subtracting 25 (the touchback) from 35 (failed onside kick). Im not sure if Jack Del Rio is capable of that math. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Yeah, only a ten yard difference when you're down 13 points with ten minutes remaining. The problem may be that it would require subtracting 25 (the touchback) from 35 (failed onside kick). Im not sure if Jack Del Rio is capable of that math.

Yeh the meathead del rio has formed quite the meathead staff. ken norton jr, mike tice, himself. At one point in the game when there was a crucial decision to be made he was busy having a casual conversation w his 3rd string tight end. oakland won't be a real contender w that coaching staff

I too suspected that the Bills were going to blow it after the Raiders' easy march down the field. This was aided by the commentators' discussion on what a comeback artist Carr is, including how he'd come back from a 15pt deficit to us last year. But, I soon remembered that these aren't the same old Bills. I'm not ready to bank on playoffs this year, but I think we're building a team that will contend for years to come.

I too suspected that the Bills were going to blow it after the Raiders' easy march down the field. This was aided by the commentators' discussion on what a comeback artist Carr is, including how he'd come back from a 15pt deficit to us last year. But, I soon remembered that these aren't the same old Bills. I'm not ready to bank on playoffs this year, but I think we're building a team that will contend for years to come.

After that TD, the usher in my section said she wasn't worried, so I followed her lead :).

It worked!

Edited by reddogblitz

I agree for sure. Playoffs would be awesome, but I still think it is 50/50.

I love the direction they are going in

After that TD, the usher in my section said she wasn't worried, so I followed her lead :).

It worked!

How was the atmosphere today?

Still though. You are down 13 in the 4th. If you don't get it you sacrifice 10 yards of field position.

Very minimal risk

Thats what I thought.

I figured they would try it for sure after that penalty on the Bills.

On the road down 2 scores nothing going right...why not?

Thats the coaching the Bills USED to have.

I agree for sure. Playoffs would be awesome, but I still think it is 50/50.

I love the direction they are going in

Awesome,it was cold and wet but the fans were loud.

As Marv used to say " When its too tough for them its just right for us"

Thats what I thought.

I figured they would try it for sure after that penalty on the Bills.

On the road down 2 scores nothing going right...why not?

Thats the coaching the Bills USED to have.

The same coaching staff that threw a 3 yard pass in bounds with 12 seconds left before the half with no timeouts yet? Every once in a while you make a bonehead call.

It was really good and kept getting better!

Except for the drunk Raiders fan next to me who through the first quarter kept telling me the Bills need to get a white QB. After a while, the further he got behind he stopped saying it.

After nail in the coffin TD I so wanted to tell him maybe the Raiders should consider getting a black QB.

But I didn't, because I hate that blacks can't be good QBs thing, and it's never a good idea to mess with drunks.

Go BILLS !!!

Everyone I watched the game with was well aware of what happened with the Raiders in the past -- well aware that Derek Carr possesses that Aaron Rodgers like ability to pull a comeback win out of nowhere very quickly -- but to be completely honest I NEVER had that sinking feeling when the Bills had the lead today.

Something about the way McDermott has this team playing just gives me confidence as a fan, even with all of the ghosts of past Bills failures.

They look solid on fundamentals, dialed in and focused.

I wasn't worried they were going to take their foot off the gas -- and they didn't. It's just not in this team's character.

They didn't try the onsides because the Bills were totally ready for it.

Then "Plan B" should have been to kick it just over their heads, but not into the endzone. Best case (for the Raiders) is that there's a loose ball in the confusion and they recover it. Worst case, they pin the Bills deep.

I was pleasantly astonished when the ball sailed into the endzone.

Then "Plan B" should have been to kick it just over their heads, but not into the endzone. Best case (for the Raiders) is that there's a loose ball in the confusion and they recover it. Worst case, they pin the Bills deep.

I was pleasantly astonished when the ball sailed into the endzone.

That was the plan as Del Rio was screaming at his kicker.

They didn't try the onsides because the Bills were totally ready for it.

I thanked the Oakland kicker in the chat room when he went for the touchback. If I'm not mistaken we had this same situation against the Jets and Hauscha kicked it near the goal line giving the team great field position. Big mistake by Del Rio, IMO.

To me, what was more key was going for it on 4th and goal. That was a move to put the game away and it did. Not an easy call.

Ya I am glad they went for it though.

Even if the Bills don't get it, Oakland has to start from their own 1 yard line still down 2 scores

To me, what was more key was going for it on 4th and goal. That was a move to put the game away and it did. Not an easy call.

yes, agreed.

The raiders not kicking an inside kick was giving up, too. Body language was done after that score. I was amazed they even scored, tbh

The drive after... The Bills take over 5 minutes off the clock, make Oakland use a timeout, convert key third downs, and essentially killed all the momentum Oakland had and salted the game away.

I forever have a pit in my stomach, but after they got the first down, I was reminded of a big drive they had against Atlanta. They killed something like 12 minutes on one drive. Granted, they came away with only three at the time, but they didn't need points on that drive yesterday. They needed to kill the clock, and I don't mind admitting how much fun it was to see them do it with confidence.

Maybe someday I'll have confidence as well.

I forever have a pit in my stomach, but after they got the first down, I was reminded of a big drive they had against Atlanta. They killed something like 12 minutes on one drive. Granted, they came away with only three at the time, but they didn't need points on that drive yesterday. They needed to kill the clock, and I don't mind admitting how much fun it was to see them do it with confidence.

Maybe someday I'll have confidence as well.

Exactly. For now let's just hope they keep proving us wrong because to your point, it really is a lot of fun witnessing it