Are the Bills Oppressing Anquan Boldin?

Gugny

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills signed him when nobody else would. He left them to be a 'social activist". Are we sure he really wants to play again?

O.P., at what point should the Bills have to freely give up his rights? After 2 weeks? A month? an entire season? I am sure all parties are abiding by the terms of the contract,arent they?

I can't help but picture Gugny smirking over this thread like a little child who farted in a crowded elevator. He truly must enjoy the life this thread took. He must have known what he did. The only baffling thing is how has this thread not been closed due to having enough of the Bolden threads already as well as the racial underpinnings.

The Bills signed him when nobody else would. He left them to be a 'social activist". Are we sure he really wants to play again?

O.P., at what point should the Bills have to freely give up his rights? After 2 weeks? A month? an entire season? I am sure all parties are abiding by the terms of the contract,arent they?

...CANNOT be said ANY better than this........nice job bud..... :thumbsup: ......sure as hell hope he did not take a nickel of the $2.75 mil he signed for.....Fraud 101 IMO.....

He was on the Bills for what, a week?

I think it's wrong that they need to approve any kind of trade.

Just let the man pursue his dreams and further his career.

I feel that the Bills are treating Boldin as "their property," and it's unjust.

If he'd had a longer tenure with Buffalo, YES, I would get it.

But he never played a meaningful down. They should just unchain him and let him go to whichever team he chooses.

Like everyone is saying, he's old and washed up, so why does it matter? Why do they need to get something in return?

LOOOOOOLLLLL ! Get the truck outa here!

But he never played a meaningful down. They should just unchain him and let him go to whichever team he chooses.

Like everyone is saying, he's old and washed up, so why does it matter? Why do they need to get something in return?

This is satirical, right?

If it's not, it's pretty obvious that Boldin signed a contract to play with Buffalo, decided to conveniently "retire to pursue social activism" immediately after the team traded away arguably its most lethal offensive weapon and resembled a team going down the tank path and now suddenly (and again, rather conveniently) wants back in. He's still under contract with the Bills.

So again I ask, is this thread satirical?

If Bolden wants to play football, let him play football. Hes not a McDermott guy. Not a team player. Holding him hostage for a good price is counter-productive IMO. In that respect, we are holding him back and holding our own reputation back as a team that free agents may want to visit. Let him go.

He should be on the wall of fame too.

....guy floated from interview to interview with no takers......goes to Buffalo and eventually accepts their $2.75 mil deal.....DOUBT it was contingent upon other roster moves although he allegedly soured after Sammy trade....sorry but a deal is a deal as signed....so he "retirement" to pursue his calling to activism has clearly been debunked by his current status of "wanting to play football".....HINT: anywhere but Buffalo........now there's a huge insult to a team who gave him a chance to continue his career.....so what I would do is put his gonads in my Panini machine and let those twins "stoke" until I decided under what terms I may grant his release from his Bills commitment AND my Panini machine......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

If Bolden wants to play football, let him play football. Hes not a McDermott guy. Not a team player. Holding him hostage for a good price is counter-productive IMO. In that respect, we are holding him back and holding our own reputation back as a team that free agents may want to visit. Let him go.

I would hold out and see if some team is willing to give you a 7th for Boldin but if the market isn't there after a week or two then just release him.

...CANNOT be said ANY better than this........nice job bud..... :thumbsup: ......sure as hell hope he did not take a nickel of the $2.75 mil he signed for.....Fraud 101 IMO.....

I never understood these guys that will take pay cuts in order to win. Make as much money where ever you can and ride off into the sunset. Who cares who pays you. All I care about if the money is green. See Lee Evans as a prime example.

Can't have the inmates running the prison...

Guys ... come on ... are THAT MANY of you really that LA Billz to not see that this thread is pure TU2T???

I'm a firm believer in honoring contracts and that definitely goes for Antwan Bolden.

I would never expect, nor want, Beane to just let him off the hook to sign wherever he wants (NE).

I'm glad so many were able to have fun (Boyst, that includes you - you don't fool me for a second, farmer boy <3).

And for the others, a Robert Plant lyric for you all ... Lighten up, baby, I'm in love with you!!

GO BEELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys ... come on ... are THAT MANY of you really that LA Billz to not see that this thread is pure TU2T???

Ah, yes. The ol' "I was only kidding" argument.

You see, I don't question for one moment you believe what you wrote because in another thread about Kaep, you insisted that the Kaep discussion was proving that I, and Bills fans in general, are bigots and haters of blacks.

So whatever bucket you fall into, enjoy wallowing in your bigotry and hatred.

You're just one of many on this board - and this fan base - and it becomes less thinly veiled by the day as it's tolerated and accepted.

Oh, wait. Let me guess. You were just joking then, too? You didn't mean to suggest the BIlls fan base is full of bigoted haters?

Oh, that Gugny. He's such a joker. <_<