Someone make the case against Dontrelle Inman for a 7th!

Lv-Bills

So, the Wide Receiver starved Bears got Dontrelle Inman for a 7th round pick today. He's 28 years old. He caught 53 passes for 850 plus yards last year after Keenan Allen got hurt. He was on the bench this year.

We are in the hunt for the playoffs. Our receivers are mind boggling horrible. So, tell me. Make a case against why we wouldn't want a guy like Inman (minus a 7th round pick) over say......Andre "YMCA League" Holmes?

By the way....I get our plan. I love our high picks. I'm on board. I like our direction. We just have a chance.....now.....as well as in the future.

But we are talking a 7th rounder. For a guy that is practically Jerry Rice compared to Andre Holmes. Same Andre Holmes that sucked with David Carr and all other QB's he's played with.

This outta be good......

And remember, for a 7th........so seriously.......a 7th rounder next year. That's the last round in case you didn't know.

I'm just sayin'

And before all you "he needs to know the system" guys speak out......well, there was Deonte Thompson last weeked.....that didn't know the "system" but still lead us in receiving. And yeah, I know Thompson played for us before. For a completely different staff.

Just sayin'

Edited by Lv-Bills

So, the Wide Receiver starved Bears got Dontrelle Inman for a 7th round pick today. He's 28 years old. He caught 53 passes for 850 plus yards last year after Keenan Allen got hurt. He was on the bench this year.

We are in the hunt for the playoffs. Our receivers are mind boggling horrible. So, tell me. Make a case against why we wouldn't want a guy like Inman (minus a 7th round pick) over say......Andre "YMCA League" Holmes?

By the way....I get our plan. I love our high picks. I'm on board. I like our direction. We just have a chance.....now.....as well as in the future.

But we are talking a 7th rounder. For a guy that is practically Jerry Rice compared to Andre Holmes. Same Andre Holmes that sucked with David Carr and all other QB's he's played with.

This outta be good......

And remember, for a 7th........so seriously.......a 7th rounder next year. That's the last round in case you didn't know.

I'm just sayin'

And before all you "he needs to know the system" guys speak out......well, there was Deonte Thompson last weeked.....that didn't know the "system" but still lead us in receiving. And yeah, I know Thompson played for us before. For a completely different staff.

Just sayin'

We're in the AFC, and direct competition to them for a wildcard berth... Perhaps they didn't consider us an option to trade to.

They also play us in a few weeks.

Edited by dneveu

Trading for a WR who is about to be a FA and has no previous history working with the QB or familiarity with the offense really isnt ideal at this time if they want him to at all contribute this season. Its a waste of an asset, even with it only being a 7th rounder. If he was under contract for at least another year it would make more sense. WR is one of the harder positions to bring in cold mid-season.

I'm pretty sure we don't have a 6th or 7th in 2018, so that could he why. Not against it had we made the trade, but logistically it could have been a hang-up. Plus, we just got Matthews back and Thompson looked pretty good.

If this is true, this would be a good reason. I think we have a 7th though.

Trading for a WR who is about to be a FA and has no previous history working with the QB or familiarity with the offense really isnt ideal at this time if they want him to at all contribute this season. Its a waste of an asset, even with it only being a 7th rounder. If he was under contract for at least another year it would make more sense. WR is one of the harder positions to bring in cold mid-season.

You mean like Jordan Matthews? And really Thompson? I don't want to hear about Deonte Thompson being here two years ago. That doesn't count anymore. He showed up, and gained over 100 yards.

We're in the AFC, and direct competition to them for a wildcard berth... Perhaps they didn't consider us an option to trade to.

They also play us in a few weeks.

Not a bad thought. At least this makes sense. Edited by Lv-Bills

I'm pretty sure we don't have a 6th or 7th in 2018, so that could he why. Not against it had we made the trade, but logistically it could have been a hang-up. Plus, we just got Matthews back and Thompson looked pretty good.

Buffalo has a seventh, but not a sixth. I think they actually have two seventh round picks, but for sure they at least have one.

If this is true, this would be a good reason. I think we have a 7th though.

You mean like Jordan Matthews? And really Thompson? I don't want to hear about Deonte Thompson being here two years ago. That doesn't count anymore. He showed up, and gained over 100 yards.

Not a bad thought. At least this makes sense.

Jordan Matthews was not traded for mid-season

Jordan Matthews was not traded for mid-season

Right, but he got here late and is fine. Same with Thompson. Not buying the while system thing. Guy can either separate and catch or he can't. Football is not that complicated. Andre Holmes was here all camp and has 8 catches in 6 games. I'm pretty sure Inman can do that.

no case to make, I wish we would have done it. Inman is a good WR. We could use the help, but the Bills must have some hope for Streater and Thompson.

Also this scheme isn't to WR friendly. McCoy and our TE's will be the top targets all year, We're not going to get a better WR than Matthews,who is super underrated on here and if Jones and/or Thompson can show consistentcy, we're set. Also since Clay hasn't been placed on IR ,he should be back in 5-6 weeks..

Streater had the same kind of production a couple seasons ago in a similar role and he's free and knows the playbook. The Bills are building for the future they aren't giving up picks we don't have on rent a players with hopes that they maybe make the wild card this year.

And it's oughta as in ought to not outta like in get outta here with this nonsense.