Schefter has trade ideas for Bills to make a playoff run

CanadianFan

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Brown makes sense but for a 6th, conditions added.

Sal was throwing the name Pryor around for an OT. That is interesting.

I read that way too fast and couldn't understand the logic of trading Poyer for another OT. Lol.

Why is everyone so hot on Pryor? I saw a bit of him in the Monday Night Game, wasn't overly impressed. But admittedly it was a small sample size.

he was benched for Josh Doctson. Didnt play at all in 1st half Dont know why but havent followed the story. I like the player but dont think its a wise trade given his contract status.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21145352/some-wild-ideas-2017-nfl-trade-deadline

Schefter also has Bryant going to Bears.

But there's NO WAY McBeane trades a 5th round pick to Cards for an 8-game rental of a former 7th round receiver. NO WAY.

And why would we trade Dareus for a 5th round pick only? And this year?

If we're going for wild ideas, Bryant with 1.5 years left in contract makes more sense for Bills than this Brown guy.

Where a player was previously drafted has absolutely ZERO relevance of his current trade value of any player. All that matters is what the player has or hasn't done since entering the NFL.

And quite frankly, a 5th round pick for Brown is definitely worth it, however the one caveat is that he is a FA next year, but who cares, take the gamble as its only a 5th and we are loaded in the next draft with high value picks and he could easily be retained next year if the Bills wanted to keep him and the feeling was mutual. A 5th round pick to try and fuel a playoff to push to break a 17 year streak...worth it.

I do prefer Bryant though too, however, I don't know that he fits the type of player this new regime covets.

All that being said, if they were going to add someone, they would have done it by now IMO. I can see them maybe moving someone out for more picks possibly, but I don't know about adding a player for a draft pick now. They had an opportunity on the bye week and it didn't do anything and choose to add FA's instead.

Beane should be fired tom for trading a Marcell for a 5th

stop trying to trade all of our !@#$ing talent and then wonder why we have zero depth. no one wants him. keep the guy and let him improve ffs

why are you getting upset at Beane? He didn't trade Dareus for a 5th round pick

Where a player was previously drafted has absolutely ZERO relevance of his current trade value of any player. All that matters is what the player has or hasn't done since entering the NFL.

I agree with this.

And quite frankly, a 5th round pick for Brown is definitely worth it,

I disagree with this. John Brown is 27 - in his prime, but unlikely to get much better than where he is now. His recent history:

2016: 15 games, 39 catches on 72 targets, 517 yards, 2 TDs, long of 30.

2017: 5 games (out of 7), 13 catches on 32 targets, 174 yards, 2 TDs, long of 31.

Last year he struggled heavily in part due to his sickle-cell anemia, which is a genetic disorder that will never go away. I don't think he'll ever again be the guy he was in 2015 (1,003 yards, 7 TDs) or even his rookie year (696 yards, 5 TDs). Add in the expiring contract and I don't think this is a guy who merits more than a 7th-round pick.

I'd be much more into trading for Martavis Bryant, who could really move the needle for a team IF he can put it all together and stay on the field.

Edited by Cash

I view 5th round picks as nothing more then lottery tickets. I wonder what the stats would be if you put up the production of a teams 5th round pick against a teams highest ranking udfa. I would trade one to get a quality wide reciever if only for 10 games

unless a red zone target he won't contribute this season

Nice imagination but I still don't see a team out there willing to take on Dareus contract. Even without his attitude and off the field stuff it's way too burdensome from a cap stanpoint.

Dreamers can dream though and I'm sure Beane will be trying up until the deadline next week....

Actually for once I agree with you. But there is away to get it done IF you really wanted, you would add another player or two to the deal. or draft picks.

unless a red zone target he won't contribute this season

I disagree. They can use some speed and anyone that gets zay off the field helps. Not writing the kid off but something is not clicking at the moment .

do darius have any new guaranteed money owned to him ? Couldn't a team trade for him and restructure him to make the contract more user friendly ?

I disagree. They can use some speed and anyone that gets zay off the field helps. Not writing the kid off but something is not clicking at the moment .

do darius have any new guaranteed money owned to him ? Couldn't a team trade for him and restructure him to make the contract more user friendly ?

to learn the offense, timing, routes, reads, nuances... WR is not simply run and catch.

Nice imagination but I still don't see a team out there willing to take on Dareus contract. Even without his attitude and off the field stuff it's way too burdensome from a cap stanpoint.

Dreamers can dream though and I'm sure Beane will be trying up until the deadline next week....

I think in 2018 you might find a taker, but to take on his salary the remainder of this season (Which with cap space rolling over eating up a lot of space in 2017 matters) and in 2018 would be insane. I think some team might be willing to throw the Bills a 4th for Dareus. Dareus is still playing at an above average level and has tantalizing potential. In 2018 that cap number is a lot more reasonable considering you can get out of it 2019 fairly painlessly.

I don't see a major trade coming from Beane, John Brown for a 6th I could see but not sure how desperate the Cards are to sell on him.

to learn the offense, timing, routes, reads, nuances... WR is not simply run and catch.

The Bills are taking another look at Rod Streater. The Bills are familiar with him and he knows the playbook. The time period has expired in which they can sign a player they had an injury settlement with.

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/10/rod_streater_works_out_for_buffalo_bills.html

Well, that's a take. OTOH, why would the Bills take on a huge signing bonus cap charge for anything less than a second... the world may never find out

Actually for once I agree with you. But there is away to get it done IF you really wanted, you would add another player or two to the deal. or draft picks.

The only way we are moving Dareus is to restructure his deal first, that's likely what any possible suitors would be asking as well.

So it would be up to Dareus and his agent to do that, and if he wanted out of Buffalo don't see why not.

The only way we are moving Dareus is to restructure his deal first, that's likely what any possible suitors would be asking as well.

So it would be up to Dareus and his agent to do that, and if he wanted out of Buffalo don't see why not.

Agree I don't think we will see anything on the Dareus front until the offseason. Bills should go to his agent and look to restructure deal after the season. Then if Dareus wants out have his agent push for a trade.