2017 World Series Thread

Gugny

Pitchers have been complaining all year about changes to the balls. Many were saying it was what caused more blister problems this season.Aaron Sanchez on the Jays missed an entire season battling blisters to his fingers. Others missed time to having issues. MLB sort of shrugged it off and said there were no changes.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

probably thought they hit the jackpot by catching a HR baseball in a WS game

Bartman would have been happy with his ball, too.

They asked the guy who threw it for a quote and he said "!@#$ the Dodgers"

Pitchers have been complaining all year about changes to the balls. Many were saying it was what caused more blister problems this season.Aaron Sanchez on the Jays missed an entire season battling blisters to his fingers. Others missed time to having issues. MLB sort of shrugged it off and said there were no changes.

Jays had 3 or 4 whining about blisters, more than the rest of MLB combined, as par for the course up here.

They are pitching in a bandbox and facing the AL East sluggers all the time, so I'd not want to pitch in Toronto either.

I went to bed when it was 4-0 Dodgers and Kershaw looking lights out. What the hell happened??

The got to him. Went 4-4, then 7-4 Dodgers, then 7-7, then 8-7 Dodgers... Eventually swung other way... 12 for 'Stros... Then 13-12 walkoff.

We are seeing two 100+ win teams for first time since 1970. That year O's beat what would become the Big Red Machine... 4 games to one. But a few games were close. Anothet note about that 1970 series was it was last to feature all afternoon games... Which I also believe they should play this time of the year!

Why... I am a traditionalist. The season is the playoffs. Let the best two teams go right to World Series in a best of nine!

Jays had 3 or 4 whining about blisters, more than the rest of MLB combined, as par for the course up here.

They are pitching in a bandbox and facing the AL East sluggers all the time, so I'd not want to pitch in Toronto either.

they weren't complaining about the homeruns, but they definitely had issues with blisters, along with others in the league and they believed it was from the baseballs being changed or modified which is the only reason I bring it up cause of the talk of the balls being changed or modified to create more homeruns

EDIT: I deleted my first reply... Seems the years slipped my mind. The Sox had four consecutive complete games following the Game 1 loss to Angels in 2005 ALCS.

That's something you won't see ever again?

As it stands right now, it's very unlikely. Complete games, in general around the league, are incredibly rare (especially for Mets fans), let alone seeing four in one 7-game series.

I don't watch as much baseball as I used to, but is it safe to say this is the best World Series in our lifetimes?

This is a horrible World Series.

Fun. But not good baseball.

I'm 46 and the best World Series I can remember is 1991: Twins/Braves. THAT was great baseball.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991_World_Series

EDIT: I have to throw in 1986, too!! :thumbsup:

Edited by Gugny

Why do you hate the Astros and home runs?

I'm rooting for the Astros and I love home runs!

I just think this series has been plagued by crappy management, crappy pitching, crappy defense and games that drag on way too long.

Other than that, it's probably been the best of our lifetime.

I just think this series has been plagued by crappy management, crappy pitching, crappy defense and games that drag on way too long.

I prefer the long nightly grind of the regular season to the playoffs, unless the Jays are in it.

Handing out whiffle balls and bats and people screaming the whole time and 95% of people in the stands who didn't go to a single game all year make it not worth watching, unless the Jays are in it.

It's got Altuve.

I prefer the long nightly grind of the regular season to the playoffs, unless the Jays are in it.

Handing out whiffle balls and bats and people screaming the whole time and 95% of people in the stands who didn't go to a single game all year make it not worth watching, unless the Jays are in it.

Same here. Just have two best teams play in Series. Season is playoffs. Baseball @ night, in November is an abomination. Miss it (finishing tops for the Pennant) a few games... Tough... Win in June when the season counts.

Put any team in the playoffs and they have a good chance of winning. Teams should be built for 162. Not 1, 5, or 7.

Same here. Just have two best teams play in Series. Season is playoffs. Baseball @ night, in November is an abomination. Miss it (finishing tops for the Pennant) a few games... Tough... Win in June when the season counts.

Put any team in the playoffs and they have a good chance of winning. Teams should be built for 162. Not 1, 5, or 7.

Let's hope we won't have that this year.

Are teams built for 162 games or sequences of 4-6 games? I think it's the latter. The lack of off days during the regular season forces the roster to be exposed. Especially if you play real baseball like the NL. But the extra off days in the post season changes everything and allow teams to hide their flaws, particularly inn the bullpen.

Easier said than done, but eliminate post-season off days. 7 game series are the way to go...it mimics the norm of 3 game regular season series. 9 is kooky talk.

Left the room for a minute.

Did they just go to replay to see if Utley was interfered with on a straight-in slide?

Are teams built for 162 games or sequences of 4-6 games? I think it's the latter. The lack of off days during the regular season forces the roster to be exposed. Especially if you play real baseball like the NL. But the extra off days in the post season changes everything and allow teams to hide their flaws, particularly inn the bullpen.

Easier said than done, but eliminate post-season off days. 7 game series are the way to go...it mimics the norm of 3 game regular season series. 9 is kooky talk.

Did they just go to replay to see if Utley was interfered with on a straight-in slide?

Utley is a scumbag.

November ball is an abomination...

:-)

Utley is a scumbag.

Utley is tuuuffff!

:-P

Gotta have a travel day. Now if they are close teams, miles wise, I can see eliminating that day.

You know what's even weirder... I caught some soccer (Col-NY)... Gasp! They went to video review to rule on a Red Card. Sports & tech is all crap. You gotta be kidding, soccer? LMAO! That's like a red light cam... Ha!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois