2017 World Series Thread

Gugny

Just creating an easy to find, OTW, thread for World Series discussion.

I'm rooting for the Astros.

Kershaw is an absolute beast. No way the Astros could plan on winning this game.

Astros need to win every time Verlander pitches. Starting tomorrow night.

Great baseball tonight!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Less than 2 1/2 hours, was Burt Blyleven pitching??

Good game, both pitchers were on. Dodgers lineup is ridiculous. Hard to see four wins for the Astros.

They're scrappy. I hope they can scratch one out tomorrow night.

I wonder how many advertisers missed out on their chance at a game one ad with this pitchers' duel.

It came down to 3 pitches. 2 by Keuchel, 1 by Kershaw.

I asked this in the Shoutbox and I could google but what fun is that? Are the Astros the first team to go to the WS from both the AL and NL? In my life I think only the Brewers and Astros switched leagues. Is there an old team that did it? Philadelphia A's? Boston Braves?

Long time Dodgers fan, so this season has been fun for me. Glad Kershaw was able to shake some of his post season blues. Great stuff by both pitchers really. Tomorrow is likely an Astros win, but we'll see

Verlander vs. Hill. Likely advantage to the Astros, but I could see the Dodgers going to the bullpen early. If the Dodgers get through 4-5 innings close, they can shut down the rest of the game. And if they can get through Verlander, they've got a serious (theoretical) pitching advantage for the rest of the series.

Win for Vin!

Verlander vs. Hill. Likely advantage to the Astros, but I could see the Dodgers going to the bullpen early. If the Dodgers get through 4-5 innings close, they can shut down the rest of the game. And if they can get through Verlander, they've got a serious (theoretical) pitching advantage for the rest of the series.

Win for Vin!

Verlander is due for an off start, but Rich Hill would concern me more. I think he will get lit up.

Less than 2 1/2 hours, was Burt Blyleven pitching??

Good game, both pitchers were on. Dodgers lineup is ridiculous. Hard to see four wins for the Astros.

I can't believe the player Turner has become. He was a decent utility player for the Mets but nothing special. He goes to LA & he is a superstar. Even though the Mets beat the dodgers 2 years ago in the playoffs, he absolutely killed the Mets that series. He is doing it again this post season.

I can't believe the player Turner has become. He was a decent utility player for the Mets but nothing special. He goes to LA & he is a superstar. Even though the Mets beat the dodgers 2 years ago in the playoffs, he absolutely killed the Mets that series. He is doing it again this post season.

If David Wright wasn't such a waste of time, money and a roster spot, Turner would still be a Met.

Wright continues to !@#$ the Mets over, year after year.

But I digress.

Looking forward to Game 2 tonight.

If David Wright wasn't such a waste of time, money and a roster spot, Turner would still be a Met.

Wright continues to !@#$ the Mets over, year after year.

But I digress.

Looking forward to Game 2 tonight.

Very true, he never got a real chance to be an everyday player in NY because of Wright. Could you imagine having him at third & resigning Murph. Typical Mets & their bad decisions.

Very true, he never got a real chance to be an everyday player in NY because of Wright. Could you imagine having him at third & resigning Murph. Typical Mets & their bad decisions.

I cried myself to sleep last night with that same thought.

!@#$ you David Wright.

Great game last night. Kershaw was just a little better than Keuchel, and the Dodgers got some timely hits. Looking forward to the game tonight. Verlander has been unhittable in the playoffs. Should be interesting.

As crazy as it is, this is a must-win for the Astros.

Dodgers are supposed to win Kershaw starts and Astros are supposed to win Verlander starts. Whichever teams "breaks" the other will win the series, I think.

Verlander is due for an off start, but Rich Hill would concern me more. I think he will get lit up.

You are a complete dumb-a$$!!!!

What Hill did against Altuve was impressive. Made him swing like a girl on the 1st inning strike out and then had him over-swinging in a crucial 2nd at bat.

Anyone watching? 5-4 in bottom of 10th.

Logan Forsythe gets walked with 2 outs!

Winning run at the plate.

Wild pitch; tying run on 2nd!

Base hit! Throw not in time!

Tie game!

I just got home and turned it on for the ninth....good timing! What a game!

Astros closer does not inspire much confidence. He looked shaky against the Yankees too.

Anyone watching? 5-4 in bottom of 10th.

Logan Forsythe gets walked with 2 outs!

Winning run at the plate.

Wild pitch; tying run on 2nd!

Base hit! Throw not in time!

Tie game!

That HR by Puig was a blast. He's fluffin unreal. I thought Houston would pull Giles a couple batters earlier. I have no horse in this race, btw, just enjoying some great baseball.

And we move into the 11th!

That HR by Puig was a blast. He's fluffin unreal. I thought Houston would pull Giles a couple batters earlier. I have no horse in this race, btw, just enjoying some great baseball.

Same here. I really don't care who wins; just enjoying extra innings in a W.S. game.

At this point, whose bullpen is worse? I'm guessing the Astros based on the closer and the next guy almost nutting the 2B umpire on a pickoff.

It's interesting when you get into one of these long games because you see relievers who would normally never get into a close playoff game.

It's interesting when you get into one of these long games because you see relievers who would normally never get into a close playoff game.

The Dodger bullpen that didn't give up a run consisted of Maeda, Morrow and Jansen. Once they go past that it is pot luck, McCarthy being the worst. I still can't understand how Jansen can be so effective.

His ball must move most of the time but he is subject to home runs, although it appears even all the best pitchers are this year.

The next game should be very interesting. I view it as the key to the series for the Dodgers. Does Darvish hold the advantage because he seen the Astro's or do the Astro batters. Darvish also has an issue

with homers. He is likely to pitch a 3 hitter, all home runs.

I have a lot of 1 AM nights invested in the Dodgers. Much harder to do this year without Vince.

As one who only watches baseball during the WS so I can talk to clients, I have a question for baseball fans: we hear about analytics in football, but the Dodgers seem to take it to a different level. Last night we saw what happened when their plan doesn't work.

If I'm a Dodgers fan, I'm pissed they pulled Hill.

Do you want your team doing this stuff? Did analytics get the Dodgers to the WS?

Just curious.