Official MNF Thread: Eagles v Skins

Jauronimo

The official MNF thread for football geniuses and tough guys.

Tonight's game features a matchup of two cities with a rivalry dating back to the founding of this nation. Perhaps the most controversial team in the NFL with a truly shameful past faces off against the city synonymous with our founding fathers and the birth of the USA. I'm not totally sure which team is which at the moment but we might learn a little more today as the self-proclaimed "most passionate fans in football" (read: irrationally violent) takes on the Washington "we swear its not racist" Redskins Washingtons.

Key Matchups:

Jordan Reed vs Frailty

Dan Snyder vs Jim Schwartz - Who will be the most smug summabich in the NFL?

Betting Line:

Who will be tonight's Gruden Ground Grinders?? - Josh Doctson, Nelson Agholor, a 3-legged dog that runs onto the field

Over/Under on "Here's a guy"s - 27

Edited by Jauronimo

@RealAdamScheffler 3m BREAKING NEWS: I am hearing from sources deep within organizations that Redskins head coach Jay Gruden may have a prior relationship with MNF commentator John Gruden which may explain the unadulterated ball washing of Cousins and the Skins we're being subjected to yet again. Will provided updates as I receive them.

I'm going to wait until the All 22 comes out before passing judgment, but my hunch is that Wentz yelled "500!" before lobbing that one up for grabs.

It's always best to reserve judgment on things such as this. Even afterward since we won't know the play call.

Little known facts:

Philadelphia Eagles QB Carson Wentz is actually not related to beloved actor George Wendt of Cheers fame who is, surprisingly, very much still alive. Who would have guessed?

The Washington Redskins, despite an up and down 3-2 start to the season, actually lead the NFL in active lawsuits against.

I'm going to wait until the All 22 comes out before passing judgment, but my hunch is that Wentz yelled "500!" before lobbing that one up for grabs.

From the high angle of the first look, and the back view on the second, and no sound, it will be hard to read his lips. Although I suspect you may be right.

Little known facts:

Philadelphia Eagles QB Carson Wentz is actually not related to beloved actor George Wendt of Cheers fame who is, surprisingly, very much still alive. Who would have guessed?

The Washington Redskins, despite an up and down 3-2 start to the season, actually lead the NFL in active lawsuits against.

The Washington Redskins should have changed their name to the Kickbacks a long time ago.

First Quarter Reactions:

Junior Galette is looking like he may be back to form. I expect to hear his name included in the race for the Greg Hardy Comeback Player of the Year Award. Look out, ladies!

Deuce Gruden, although not tall enough for most of the rides at Six Flags, is definitely not on steroids.

There's no such thing as too many penalties when you have Ed Hochuli's overly elaborate explanations.

Halftime Thoughts

Wentz was mostly garbage until the last 2 mins. Washington was mostly good until the last 2 mins of the half.

I have barely noticed Gruden's buffoonery. Turns out these beers are 7.6% ABV. I guarantee I'd try to plant one on Suzy Kolber right now #BroadwayJoe style.

I have noticed Hochuli's buffoonery early and often. Dude needs to get over himself. Why the f@$# is a ref a celebrity in the first place??

Van Pelt has a voice for TV but a face for a highway rest stop toilet. He looks like he's been taking skin care tips from Mike Shanahan.

Schwartzy's D is fun to watch but I hope the Eagles lose badly.